GreaseSpot Cafe

Name that Flick

Raf

"No! Not good! Stop! Not good! What are you doing? You’ve burnt all the food, the shade! The rum!"
"Yes, the rum is gone!"
"Why is the rum gone?!"
"One, because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two, that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me, do you really think there is even the slightest chance that they won’t see it?"
"But... why is the rum gone?"
Edited by WordWolf

2 hours ago, GeorgeStGeorge said:

This is one of the Pirates of the Carribean movies.  I'll guess the first.

George

It IS "Pirates of the Caribbean - Curse of the Black Pearl."

I thought that Elizabeth Swam pretending to be a Turner might be a giveaway, for me, the reference to "Bootstrap" Turner would have definitely done it.

"Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up."

"Where to, Miss?"

"To the stars."

"I believe you are blushing, Mr. Big Artiste. I can't imagine Monsieur Monet blushing."

"He does landscapes."

George

Not even close.

"Well, yes, ma'am, I do... I mean, I got everything I need right here with me. I got air in my lungs, a few blank sheets of paper. I mean, I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's gonna happen or, who I'm gonna meet, where I'm gonna wind up."

"Where to, Miss?"

"To the stars."

"I believe you are blushing, Mr. Big Artiste. I can't imagine Monsieur Monet blushing."

"He does landscapes."

"Do you love him?"

"Pardon me?"

"Do you love him?"

"Well, you're being very rude. You shouldn't be asking me this."

"Well, it's a simple question. Do you love the guy or not?"

"This is not a suitable conversation."

"Why can't you just answer the question?"

"This is absurd. I don't know you and you don't know me and we are not having this conversation at all. You are rude and uncouth, and presumptuous, and I am leaving now."

"I'm the king of the world!"

George

1 hour ago, Human without the bean said:

I didn't check this thread out lately.  Jfmoi, the conversation held between the two about being in love.  Was that the Butler and Rose?   I don't think it was she and her fiance was it?

Jack Dawson (Leo) spoke to Rose. She said she was engaged to be married, and Jack asked her flatly if she loved her fiancee....and she got cagey in her response.  (It was an arranged marriage, and no, she did not.)

"My grandfather used to work for your grandfather.   Of course, the rates have gone up."

"This is a nice boy. This is a good boy. This is a mother's angel."

"You know, I'll never forget my old dad. When these things would happen to him. The things he'd say to me."
"What did he say?"
"What the hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"