GreaseSpot Cafe

I'm Dying

LG

Well George, I have read all of the posts, and now it is my turn I spose. And, well, I am deeply saddened too. But your strength and courage reflected in your initial post is so admirable and honorable, and I thank you for that. Anyway, it's all been said here already, but I do want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers Brother. And I hope that today is a good day for you.

Vaya Con Dios,

Kevin Nye

:wave:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LG

I recall times when Exxie was being slammed when she tried to put into words what happened to her via VPW. There were many who tried to crush her when she was already down, but you came riding to her rescue with logic and profound reason.

I remember hunting for one of your statements as it was so freeing I just had to repost it in another thread.

When the tables were being tipped and aimed at a victim you would show up and with your words hold the fort down. I have always been thankful for your words.

Edited by Dot Matrix

"Socrates is a man."

LG / George,

I'm very, very sorry.

Over the past year, I've witnessed an 8-year old boy run the gauntlets of chemotherapy, surgery and physical therapy, and somehow emerge a survivor, of all things. I still wish you the same outcome, unlikely as the doctors think it is.

Nevertheless, if I live to see my daughter's 23rd birthday (and I plan to), I will have much to be thankful for. If I can say I raised her well, how much more than thankful?

You've given me pause to think over the last few years. I appreciated that, mostly.

Do you have much use for Buddhism? I find their observations rational, unsentimental, and generally accessible. "Tricycle" is a well-known publication and this link contains a collection of podcasts which you may find stimulating. I haven't heard them all, but you can listen to a few minutes and skip to the next.

http://www.tricycle.com/podcast/archive.html

Regards...

I hope this is a very warm and enjoyable holiday for you,George,...as much as can be expected...

I talked to my daughter this morning,who's in New York and will be turning 23 in January,and I thought of your daughter...We talked about this creepy guy at her work,how her cat is doing that she drafted me to adopt and how global warming has turned New York City into a 50 degree day on Christmas Eve...Important stuff...To her and to me,anyway....

Hi there George. How is your day today? I hope you are as well as can be and as comfortable as possible. Well, I have a question. But first of all, I wanted to mention that my Dad had had cancer in his jawbone, and had it cut out, an aluminum jaw section placed back in, and of course he received radiation treatment. The results were that the cancer left his jaw, but he lost the use of his tastebuds, which was pretty hard on him, because naturally, he liked to eat, drink coffee, and the like. The only thing that he could enjoy in his later days was smoking his pipe. He had smoked his pipe ever since he had joined the Army in 1940, smoked throughout the War, and continued even after the jaw cancer, and finally the lung cancer that took out a whole lung. He even smoked that damned pipe after that surgery. He died in '92, and so, I spose that means he smoked for 52 years.

Anyway, according to the medical people who took care of him at the Bethseda Naval Medical Hospital, his particular cancers were directly related to his pipe smoking. He smoked Prince Albert, and we kids always enjoyed the scent of his pipe when he fired up a blue cloud from his briar pipe. As kids, little did we know...

And so, is the cancer that you have related to tobacco at all? Did you chew? I am just curious. I have two kids (daughter 21, son 19,) who smoke cigs, and I was thinking of showing them your initial post.

I hope that this wasn't too personal a question for you, but you seem to not mind talking about it so I thought I would ask. Have a great day, and Merry Christmas to you sir,

JL

Edited by Jonny Lingo