GreaseSpot Cafe

Its/It's and There/Their/They're

GT

MOM! I got 100 on my grammar test.

That's wonderful, Dear!

It's a great day. They're expecting to have a ceremony celebrating its success. There they go. Their clothes don't fit. When I get my car I'll get its color changed.

Just for fun!

Their are so many stupid people here, its no surprise there going to mess up these simple usages. The test is so simple, it's answers are right they're, plain as day. Even I got them all write ... Morons... :biglaugh:

edited to tell Al ... Your all wet too ...

Edited by rhino

Their are so many stupid people here, its no surprise there going to mess up these simple usages. The test is so simple, it's answers are right they're, plain as day. Even I got them all write ... Morons... :biglaugh:

edited to tell Al ... Your all wet too ...

UMMMMMMMM.......Rhino? Dear?

Your apostrophes aren't showing.......

Well, excuse me for getting ....ed....RHINO

Who the hell are these perfect english speakers forgetting?

I am an advocate for the National Center for Learning Disabilities and a zillion other causes with their genesis in dyslexia and other problems

I can write english papers and research papers with the best of them....but holy crap, I come here not to be judged.

And frankly, my very above average IQ husband won't come here because of crap comments like that.

Who gives a ****----English is a sucky language as languages go---and yes I do know about many of them.

Oh my...are we going to sqabble over here like on the CES forums?

It's not very fun over there right now and frankly I don't understand all of its import.

They're all fighting and expressing their anger so rudely over there.

Sorry - couldn't resist. Well no I guess I am not sorry - just laughing...

Edited by RumRunner

I can write english papers and research papers with the best of them....but holy crap, I come here not to be judged.

And frankly, my very above average IQ husband won't come here because of crap comments like that.

Well, I thought I cleverly misused every word in the test, while insulting people that misuse them. Then I added Al's word and misused that. It struck me as funny. :biglaugh: Some crap you just have to laugh at, even if I was serious.

Not long ago Linda Z did a nice job of correcting someone's message where they were correcting someone else. That was pretty funny. I mess up plenty of English ... and just look for the gist ... I'm not sorry for trying to be funny. :)

Of course then Rummy then shows off correct usage more succinctly ...

Edited by rhino

flying-pig.gifflying-pig.gifflying-pig.gif

Theirs a piggy in the sky, and its flying by.

Looking for a destination to deliver there splattered pie,

to it's recipients unaware -- they're is bound to be havoc their.

Its a well known fact, Ya can't throw them back.

Two bad -- becuz pie in the sky is where its at. :)

Edited by dmiller

10/10 Whooo Hooo!

Actually, I am pretty sure I screw these up from time to time while posting here. It is more due to the fact that I kinda just type without thinking about grammer. Just putting my thoughts down, sometimes quicker than my hands can handle.

Plus, I just don't give a sh!+. :)

Edited by lindyhopper