GreaseSpot Cafe

Gerald Ford

Raf

I always liked him and did a bit of google research on him this morning.

Apparently his mother divorced his real dad when he was an infant, Mr. King, because he was a drunk and beat her. I really admired that she took steps to separate herself from a dangerous and unhealthy environment with a small baby to take care of. She later met Mr. Ford and they had a very happy and healthy home environment.

It was interesting that most people described him on TV as a good man with integrity. The American people voted in Jimmy Carter instead.

I think he was the first president I ever voted for. But, then, we were told in twi who to vote for so many of you may have voted for him also.

wb

I think he was the first president I ever voted for. But, then, we were told in twi who to vote for so many of you may have voted for him also.

wb

Sorry but that would have been hard since he was appointed by Nixon when Agnew quit and then became President when Nixon quit.

Interesting guy though, the only thing I have against him is he play for Michigan.

I always liked him and did a bit of google research on him this morning.

Apparently his mother divorced his real dad when he was an infant, Mr. King, because he was a drunk and beat her. I really admired that she took steps to separate herself from a dangerous and unhealthy environment with a small baby to take care of. She later met Mr. Ford and they had a very happy and healthy home environment.

It was interesting that most people described him on TV as a good man with integrity. The American people voted in Jimmy Carter instead.

wb

Sorry, but I don't share your admiration of Mr. Ford. He was the last surviving member of a cabal of criminals known as the Warren Commission, which perpetrated the biggest government cover-up in American history. As a president, he was not accountable to the American public, because he was appointed rather than elected. Since Nixon was never convicted of any crimes, his pardoning was inexcusable. A presidential pardon should never be used as a "get out of jail free card" just because there's a chance of conviction.

I didn't listen to TWI and voted for Carter. I make no apologies because Carter accomplished more for the cause of peace in the Middle East than any other President before or since.

With that said, I liked Jerry Ford. I think he was right to pardon Nixon even though at time I thought it made mockery of American justice. It was an act of courage that cost him the Presidency. If JFK had lived, perhaps a chapter dedicated to Ford should have been included in a later edition of Profiles in Courage . (Incidentally, both Ford and Carter were both given Profiles in Courage awards at the Kennedy Center. )

He also demonstrated courage and resolve when ordered the liberation of the U.S.S. Mayaguez that had been seized by the Cambodians in international waters.

Besides all that, Gerald Ford was a decent human being.

I agree about William on the Kennedy conspiracy, but somehow doubt that Ford thought he was covering up something. The Commission was chaired and thereby run by Allan Dulles, a CIA director fired by Kennedy, appointed by Lyndon Johnson. Quite the conflict of interest. Information kept out of the Commission had to go through Dulles. The rest of the Commission is led from there. All of them could not possibly conspire against Kennedy. Dulles? His getting the blame for the Bay of Pigs by Kennedy though Kennedy took "responsibility?" Was there a Mafia, union, CIA and Secret Servcie connection and how much control did Dulles have before being fired? As much as perhaps J. Edgar Hoover did with the FBI before he died?

I'll give Jerry Ford the benefit of the doubt. My eyes are on Dulles as one possible conspirator. SORRY.

God bless President Ford.

Eagle

I guess william clinton should not be "questioned" about his pardon powers?

President Ford was the only vice-president and president ever to sit in those offices

without an election

appointed to vp in '73 to succeed spiro agnew

given the presidency in '74 after nixon's resignation

he served, whether i supported it or not

and he served with decency

thanks president ford, god bless you and your family

Ford is the only president I've ever seen in person while he was actually president. A buddy and I rode our bikes about 10 miles to hear him speak at the 200th anniversary of the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence in 1975.

However, at the time, we were more interested in seeing his daughter Susan than him.

The Commission was chaired and thereby run by Allan Dulles, a CIA director fired by Kennedy, appointed by Lyndon Johnson.

The panel assembled to investigate the assassination of JFK was the Warren Commission, chaired by then Chief Justice Earl Warren.

The fact the Gerald Ford served on the Warren Commission is it's best recommendation, imho. Oliver Stone and TWI pronouncements are probably the best reasons not to listen to it's detractors and other conspiracy theorists.

Well, I can't think of much to really get me worked up about Mr. Ford. He seemed like a decent enough guy. Worked in government a long time without many scandals circling him, I guess that's something. May he rest in peace (uh, does anyone really have a choice?).

BTW, the whole JFK conspiracy and all really needs to just go away. Lordy, the gazillion theories put forth and not a one is one tenth as reasonable and credible as the simple conclusions of the Warren Report. They've duplicated the "magic bullet" shot almost exactly with virtually identical results. Nobody has come forth - who would have been in any position to know - with any deathbed revelations of any sort of cover-up, and all of the "evidence" from the crime that's proved phony is on the conspiracy side of the question.

Maybe it's time to just give it all a rest? Yeah, not likely, I know...