GreaseSpot Cafe

Bondage

Ham

There are still shakers of kelp and cayenne on the kitchen table... That and the Banana are the only visible remnants... Anyone ever think about the dreaded blue dot?

every time I see the Seinfeld re-run about slicing the snickers bar...I think of the banana!!

Edited by wasway

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All 4 pairs were given to me by officers I met online over the years. I put them together and wear them as a belt. It looks cool, but they are really heavy, so I have to make sure I am going somewhere I can sit more than stand.

The other 2 pair (not in the picture) my soon to be ex husband gave me and I used them to lock down my wheelchair when I used it. That way nurses couldn't just take off with it thinking it was one of theirs when I was having tests done. Both pairs he used when he was on the force. He has a few other pairs still, I didn't take all he had when I left, in fact he told me to keep the two on the wheelchair when I was going to take them off and give them back. While I don't need the chair anymore, if there comes a time I do in the future, I'll still have my locking device on it. :)

The other 2 pair (not in the picture) my soon to be ex husband gave me and I used them to lock down my wheelchair when I used it. That way nurses couldn't just take off with it thinking it was one of theirs when I was having tests done. Both pairs he used when he was on the force. He has a few other pairs still, I didn't take all he had when I left, in fact he told me to keep the two on the wheelchair when I was going to take them off and give them back. While I don't need the chair anymore, if there comes a time I do in the future, I'll still have my locking device on it. :)

Cool -- One of my client's chair was *stolen* by staff at the hospital once.

Got an extra set of cuffs??? ;)

I had Burgerville just last week when I was in BEAUTIFUL Portland, Oregon!!! I concur with Ms. Potato that any other burger joint (INCLUDING INN-N-OUT!!!) is just another burger joint.

[Waits for flogging from Californians.:)]

Naw Notta I'eve never been all that impressed with INN-N-OUT. Now Carl's Jr......that's another story.

Burgerville kicks Carl's Jr.'s butt any day.

Can't comment Potato - never had Burgerville - although this is starting to sound like the infamous pizza wars. All I know is that when I moved to San Diego every one bragged bout INN-N-OUT. I never cared for them. But a nice big juicey Carl's Jr six dollar burger heart attack pill...nice. Besides they have the most politcally incorrect commercials I have ever heard aired on TV and radio - so they get bonus points for that.

ah darn, I don't watch tv... I'm sure the commercials make the burgers taste better... political incorrectness always adds extra flavor to whatever I'm eating/drinking/doing.... not saying Carl's Jr. doesn't make a good burger... they do.

If you're ever in Fort Worth - Look up Kincade's on Camp Bowie. They started as a kind of pharmacy with a lunch counter in the back. That was like a million years ago...

Now the store part still exists, but the place has been totally rearranged to make room for all the folks that come in and stand in line for half an hour while they wait on the best hamburger in town.

Anyone ever think that the reason the food tasted so good at the ROA was because the water smelled and tasted so bad? That, and and the fact that when you're living in a tent and sweating in a dress and hose or a three-piece suit - food seems to make you feel normal.

Can you say "comfort food?"

you know, dooj... you point out exactly why I should have known better than to stay with twi... any organization that would require people to wear a suit, walk a quarter mile from their TENT in 90 degree plus weather then sit in a plastic chair for hours, should never have gotten my allegiance.

looking back, I can't believe I thought that was acceptable. it's just pure dogmatic torture.

Never been to Burgerville, but as a former California resident who is now dislocated to Burger Hell (South Florida)...what I wouldn't give for a Double Double with grilled onions, fries and a large Coke from In and Out? In and Out is really an LA/So Cal thing, San Diego/aka Low Cal, Northern California/aka No Cal, Las Vegas/Never will be Cal and Phoenix/Wanna be Cal will never do, In and Out should have stayed out of those markets.

Inn-N-Out is highly over-rated IMHO. We have one here in our town. I go only because hubby likes it. We REALLY like Sonic, but we can't even get good service at Sonic (much less any other restaurant) because we live in an evil vortex where people don't give a $h*t and then wonder why they dont' make any money.

Carls Jr. makes me sick, literally. I like the flavor of the $6 burger, but it kills my stomach. I stay away from Carls Jr.

i must be in the camp of minorities

i thought the wow burger sucked

tasted like sawdust

but then again

i have always had a sophistacated {sp} pallet lol

You are not a minority CoolChef. I thought the WOW Burger sucked as well. They used to feed us that stuff at SNS snack shop too. When I was on Staff, we used to have burger night which was the same crappy, baked hamburger patty. Then they smartened up and started grilling them outside. Then it got REAL! That grilled burger with the pickles was the BEST IMHO! But I will NEVER go back on staff to have another. :confused:

tasted like sawdust

but then again

Can't help but to inject some inflammatory humor here CoolChef.

I figured out the whole wow burger scam. For 7 days a week you eat this regimented food, a menu repeated evry two weeks like clockwork except when Doc Drambuoie was around wanting brats. About as regimented as a prison. You show up too late - no meal. You show up too early - get yelled at for leaving work early - no meal. So you're nice and programmed around those meals. BUT - those wow burgers after the SNS seemed like the exception to the regimentation...and EXTRA meal. All you had to do was show up for SNS and sit through another droll teaching on abundant sharng and how you owe more than 15%. BUT there's more (Ginzu knives coming). If you didnt come to SNS you didn't get a burger - cause we had to walk out the back door and get in line - at least in the 70's. You tried to sneak around - no burger. So that burger was really part of the programming all the time - it just FELT like it was an exception to the normal regimen - it wasn't - it was just another part of the regimen and programming to STAY involved with every prescribed activity. And the ultimate scam of all? Why do you think they tasted like sawdust? They probably were....

tasted like sawdust

but then again

I know I turned in my resignation from the NSP (nazi spelling police), but like a lot of crime movies, there's always 'one last job'. :biglaugh:

It's 'sophisticated' to spell correctly.

On the 'pallet' issue, are you saying you have really good warehouse skids, or really good devices painters use to put their paints on? If not, I believe you meant 'palate' (as in soft or hard palate).

(my apologies, I'm feeling a little testy this a.m., am going to Cleveland for testing)

:biglaugh:

I thought this thread was about something other than food. But after reading the thread I began to recollect some wayfer memories of food. While in the Corps and on Staff I had the opportunity to experience the atmosphere from the other side of the plate so to speak. I worked in the kitchen at all the different locale's. Some might remember the fondue dinner tent at the ROA one year. I was asked to coordinate that and was responsible for the fond memory or nightmare you might have experienced. Funny, but the only memory that sticks out to me was trying to light someones fondue pot and spilling hot grease all over them. I was always fond of the Sunday sack suppers. They made for great bartering material. I did love watching people enjoy the homemade bread and pastries I often made at Gunnison.

I think we often remember the food and the etiquette associated with wayfer days is because it was so adnormal to what we experienced before those times and are experiencing now. Now as my god ole' cous' used to say after each prayer...please pass tha taters.