GreaseSpot Cafe

CFF

pinklady

I wrote this thread becuse I am at a crossroads and I wanted your input form your experiences with the group. I did not mean to cause division among believers.

Many of you know my story and the horrible abuse I have suffered in the last 6 years. I have lost 2 kids and I have 2 kids left. You see, I am alone here, except for God. I have no earthy family to support me. I take care of my mom who is 82 and is a stroke victim.

My brothers and sister tried to put her in a nursing home and declare her incappasitated. We had a court battle for a year and we won of course because God was with us. There was money involved. They were willing to sell both of us out for it. My husband never stood up for us against this leader so I am in a battle with him as well

It is wrong to tell a mother to let her kids go. It is wrong to tell her that you will see them at the return. That is not Gods will. I have a responsibility to protect the 2 I have left.

All I want is to fellowship with people who genually love God and have no hidden agenda. It is nice to talk to someone who has been where you have been and understands your pain. I am being attacked and pushed around by this leader because he knows I have noone to stand up for me.

There are days that I do not even want to live. I can relate to David when he said his couch was full of tears in psalms. I just wish that I could be with bellievers who really loved me. So please, don't argue about this.

It might be easy for those of you who have family and bellevers to fellowship with to give advise but please remember that I have noone. I am starting from scratch. I have my kids and my mom and we need not to be isolated any more.

Thanks to all of you who have given your input from your experiences with the group. When you have lost what I have lost mabe you might be over cautious too.

I love all of you. remember we are all a part of the body of Christ. We do all need each other. Don't allow the devil to decieve us any more. Love ,Pink

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, you know, I have a lot of admiration for you and respect for taking care of your mom and your kids. My church would too, as a matter of fact.

Amazingly, churches don't bite. I think a lot of people would be surprised. My church does it right where TWI got it all wrong.

I know now that, unlike then, if I ever knew of anyone anywhere abusing a child in any manner, I would have the police on them like a duck on a June bug. Child abuse, physical or sexual, is wrong. Period. I don't care who it is.

But I know and told in the Child Abuse in TWI thread that it was common in TWI and people were protected who did it.

WG

not to get all doctrinally nitpicky with you, groucho, but don't you mean Robert Hunter? :P (great quote, though! perfect, in fact.)

You are exactly right my friend...Jerry sang the words but Robert Hunter wrote them...credit where credit is due. :B)

Pink lady...don't worry about causing "division" here...We thrive on disagreeing...one of the things we were not allowed to do in twi... :biglaugh:

I would be disapointed if I read a thread where everyone agreed.

Hi PL,

I've checked out four offshoots including CFF. However it's been nine years since I was last involved in any offshoot!

My expiences with CFF was when they were first getting started in 96/97 timeframe. So I'm not current with them.

But my experience was that they were the most loving of all the ex-TWI groups I checked out, very friendly, very kind. Thier fellowship was exactly as I remembered from earlier TWI days, same format, same teaching, same manifestations, same songs etc.

But as Skyrider said, they were too into VPW for my taste. Constantly talking about what a great MOG VPW was and were teaching some of his erroneous doctrines such as the "Law of believing". A big turnoff to me.

Today, I prefer to attend church when I'm in the mood. I really like the praise and worship in this one chucrh I attend. There are some great churches out there. Yeah they teach some erroneous doctrines too, but for the most part they are loving and offer some great programs, like Eagle pointed out, they often have support groups for specific needs such as divorce, drug abuse etc.

I wouldn't highly recommend any ex TWI offshoot. Yes some of these groups offer some excellent biblical research, CFF has some very good biblical teachings, so does LMCI and even CES, at least some of their earlier stuff, though with their current mess, I'd be very hesitant to trust their later doctrines. Honestly based on my own biblical study, I haven't found one group that doesn't teach something I disagree with.

I forget who wrote it, but someone said something like, that all these ex TWI leaders really need to take time off before starting a new ministry organization so that they can heal, learn to trust Jesus Christ as Lord and allow God to lead them. But they really need to de-waybrain first before leading others. I think that was the jist of what they meant. And I think thats a good point.

My advise PL, is seek the Lord Jesus Christ and God, search your heart and allow God to work within you to find the place that best fits your need and where God wants you to be.

Edited by Outin88.

I went to CFF fellowships at the early stages. I was intrigued because I remembered hearing a LCM teaching where he was talking about people who left and people who stayed and he mentioned John Shroyer saying, "He's as solid as a rock!" So of course I was curious that someone as "solid as a rock" would defect to the "fellowship of the contaminated".

At the time he (John Shroyer) said that he knew stuff was wrong in TWI before he left. Then (red flag alert!!!) he said he was driving on the highway in Fla. where he was limb/region cordo and God spoke audibly to him telling him he had to start his own ministry. He almost went off the road. No gas pumps. No snowstorm, red flag nonetheless.

He said the last straw was when LCM counselled a woman at HQ to dump her husband because he would never amount to anything. The husband killed himself (see "driven to suicide" somewhere on the GSC archives) and then LCM told the way corps that he "saved" this woman from "oblivion" or something. So Shroyer left.

He spent much time at first just driving all over the country listening to peoples' stories of abuse at the hands of TWI. He got madder and madder as the stories piled up. He opened his HQ in Tipp City, OH in June of 1998. The last fellowship I attended was in fall of 1998. IMO John Shroyer is intent on helping people get healed from TWI induced cruelty. That may have shifted somewhat since almost 10 years have passed. But he's a good guy.

Aside re: ship of fools. In 1974 shortly after that song was released, our area (Grand Rapids, MI) heard that the Dead would be performing in Oshkosh, Wisconsin on July 4th. So I hitched up to Ludington, MI where a ferry would take me across Lake Michigan to Manitowoc, WI, roughly 40 miles from Oshkosh. While hitching I met up with a woman and her 4 yr old son also going to Ludington. At the boat we met 3 other Deadheads from Detroit. These people were insane; they lit up joints right out in the open on the boat before it left Ludington.

Turned out that the concert was cancelled by order of a judge at the behest of torch carrying townspeople who didn't want the Dead "monster" coming to THEIR town. We didn't find this out until we were half way across the lake. Get it? Ship of fools? Ha ha ha ha. Then to add insult to injury the Dead played that song in Chicago later that month.

Also, John Shroyer is definitely NOT the "strangest captain you could find".

At the time he (John Shroyer) said that he knew stuff was wrong in TWI before he left.
duh
Then (red flag alert!!!) he said he was driving on the highway in Fla. where he was limb/region cordo and God spoke audibly to him telling him he had to start his own ministry.

well i'll be a monkey's uncle !

Pinklady,

Regardless of what anyone says about splinter groups one way or the other, I think you should do what is right for you. If you meet some folks who are loving and caring in CFF in your local area, why not go ahead and go there for a while? No one knows what tomorrow will bring.

Maybe some of the good saints there will help you with some things. Networking works. People can offer invaluable LIFE experiences such as the best place to have your car fixed to how to get the best flights on the least money. Maybe one of the men will come over and help you move some furniture. Every single lady needs a strong support network.

So, my opinion is check it out. Make some friends if you aren't too turned off, and determine to leave if you notice things that are freaky or uncomfortable.

Lots of churches now have cell groups in homes and they operate the same way as above and are especially helpful to new members. So, again, my advice is to do what is right for you because you are the only one living in your body and you will know what you need to do when the time is right.

Take care,

wb

Jesus says to love one another he commands it.

it is important to realize the one anothering part.

if you feel the love then stay and hang for a while and give and receive. share and have "fellowship".

it is when folks do NOT feel the love and stay i worry about the situation.

God does not want his children unhappy or miserable or worshipping HIM under any type of force or worry or threat, for me when I see that happening it really voids the freedom Christ bought with his very life.

She now corresponds with Peter Wade and his group. She is not the church-going type.

Just to keep the record straight, I do not have a "group"... I'm simply a teacher of God's Word. Of necessity, we have three trustees of our non-profit organization, but there is nothing you can join! Just like The Way Inc. in 1965 when I first visited there.

My audio teachings and articles are at peterwade.com. I'm still going strong and praising God!

Blessings,

Peter Wade

Just to keep the record straight, I do not have a "group"... I'm simply a teacher of God's Word. Of necessity, we have three trustees of our non-profit organization, but there is nothing you can join! Just like The Way Inc. in 1965 when I first visited there.
I'd say that saying an organization is not a group is splitting hairs pretty fine.

sorry when i went to their website i got the heebie jeebies

Heebie Jeebies by going to their website?

Titus 1:15  Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Pink lady...don't worry about causing "division" here...We thrive on disagreeing...one of the things we were not allowed to do in twi... :biglaugh:

I would be disapointed if I read a thread where everyone agreed.

Could you say it any plainer. You thrive on division? Need I say more.

Matthew 12:25  And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Luke 11:17  But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house divided against a house falleth.

I wrote this thread becuse I am at a crossroads and I wanted your input form your experiences with the group. I did not mean to cause division among believers.

I love all of you. remember we are all a part of the body of Christ. We do all need each other. Don't allow the devil to decieve us any more. Love ,Pink

Pink Lady, you could never cause division here, it was here long before you posted. As I mentioned in my PM to you, CFF wouldn't care if you went to their fellowship and went to church the rest of the week. The important thing is the Word, not VPW, not PFAL, but God's Word being reinforced in your heart and mind. I think God is big enough to handle all your problems & have you see the signs, wonders and miracles that we have been seeing at CFF & beyond. We are by no means limited to CFF & I am sure Rev. Shroyer would be the first to tell you that. There is a standard of the Word & God works in that standard, no matter who is following it and what congregation they go to. So again, you can attend church & go to a fellowship, no one from CFF is going to pressure you.

We all had enough of that crap in a prior ministry. As far as my being nasty (confronting), I think the posters who posted know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately they live in the past, thinking they will control the future. And yes there is much fruit in CFF & some other great ministries that are functioning and moving ahead with God. We are all experiencing great growth in the Word and physical, mental & financial wholeness which is God's will for all of us. If anyone want to know specifics, they can attend a fellowship themselves.

Each fellowship is independent of each other and works with God to meet the needs of the individuals in that area & IF someone would like to contact John or Wayne for advice in order to help they are available 24/7. So I personally resent criticisim from people who are not even a part of this particular group. I also support other ministers, a suicide support group etc. So God is certainly not limiting us to anything except the Body of Christ to heal & bless people.

And yes there is still alot of bitterness, hatred and anger here with regular gs's. Not all but some that never let it go. No where in the Word does it say to focus on one miniatry to back bite, in a forum like this but to preach Jesus Christ and move ahead with the Word of God. My bible says put the past behind so you can have a future. God will bless you Pink Lady and open doors for your family and they will get healed. I prefer to spend time in the Prayer Room.

and thanks Cow Girl.

hugs :)

C

Edited by 1 john 3:1

Given your situation Pink lady i'd tell you to go anywhere to get some support and some emotional distance from the other offshoot that screwed you over and the multitude of situations that you find yourself in.. Go to a church, the local abused womans shelter, if you feel compelled even CFF for the time being.

Im of the opinion as are a lot of others, that although there may be some nice and good people, who may be able to comfort you in the short term at CFF, that the evidence is too strong that the foundation is faulty and that if not already, it will eventually manifest the problems that ran through TWI and are running through the other offshoots that cling to Wierwilles bad theology.

You have already experienced how the Geer offshoot operates, if you perused this site you have seen what has transpired at CES. It all happens for a reason, the seeds were planted in faulty teaching, bad theology, lack of oversight and ego's run rampant at TWI from the beginning. It has been subtley trained over decades into the founders of CFF as well.

someone said (sorry whoever-memories goin..) on this thread:

That's why I said it before and I'll say it again. Former TWI-leaders who really have a desire to serve their fellow Christians HAVE NO BUSINESS immediately starting their own ministry. They are so well-trained in error it's going to take awhile to rectify the way they function.
Ive said it before too, I have nothing against these people other than that they have no training or experience outside of the methods that time and again eventual prove to be destructive which were handed down to them..

To a certain point right now, because of your circumstances Im sure that isnt he first thing that you are concerned about, but for your own good and not to eventually repeat the hell youve just been through its something that you should be aware of, and keep an eye open to. If it were me I'd probably seek out a good pastoral counselor not only for support but to figure out why and how I found myself in a such a fiasco-but thats just me.

From your words you seem like a kind and trusting (too trusting?) individual.

Do what you need to do, go where you need to go to get the friendship, support and real help that you need now--but please keep your eyes open, wide wide open... Unfortunately the tag line we see around here "The lessons repeat until they are learned?"is true.

Im pretty sure you dont want any repeat performances

Edited by mstar1

Hi PL,

I've checked out four offshoots including CFF. However it's been nine years since I was last involved in any offshoot!

My expiences with CFF was when they were first getting started in 96/97 timeframe. So I'm not current with them.

But my experience was that they were the most loving of all the ex-TWI groups I checked out, very friendly, very kind. Thier fellowship was exactly as I remembered from earlier TWI days, same format, same teaching, same manifestations, same songs etc.

But as Skyrider said, they were too into VPW for my taste. Constantly talking about what a great MOG VPW was and were teaching some of his erroneous doctrines such as the "Law of believing". A big turnoff to me.

Well........I checked out the CFF website a few days ago, went to a section on their teachings........and, there I found "the law of believing" cut and pasted for the zillionth time since wierwille's pfal.

Why not highlight trust......like Prov. 3:5...Trust in the Lord with all thine heart (etc)

Or, faith......as in, the faith of Jesus Christ.

Some of wierwille's pfal terminology is unbiblical.....YET, cff keeps pushing it. Don't know if they simulate the teaching on "red drapes" or "you know what killed that little boy.....you just quit your yakking." Why they stay in pfal-rewind is a turn-off to me. Uuuugh.

Here's a verse for you, I John...

Phil. 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel.

Hope this helps.

(Phil. 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel.

Hope this helps.

So what if CFF "quotes" the law of believing. So what if they quote Dr. Wierwille. Dr. Wierwille could not make a mistake? Give me a break, which of you is proficient enought at the Word that you don't make mistakes. Please spare this poor young woman, your legalistic attitudes. It's no offshoot or ???? Go to any church, pray to Mary? Pray to Budda, please.

Yes and the law of believing is in the Word. Without believing it's impossible to please God, he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a REWARDER of thost that diligently seek him. Even Dr. Wierwille taught the Word, he never claimed to know it all. that is written in the University of Life "Thessalonians".

So since you all have and opinion and I have an opinion, I think it's time to let Pink Lady discard the junk and make a heart decision.

I happen to love CFF and the believers there. I also love other strong standing ministers on the Word. I do not think most of the complainers here are on the Word, at least in their posting, back biting & evil speaking.

So what if CFF "quotes" the law of believing. So what if they quote Dr. Wierwille. Dr. Wierwille could not make a mistake? Give me a break, which of you is proficient enought at the Word that you don't make mistakes. Please spare this poor young woman, your legalistic attitudes. It's no offshoot or ???? Go to any church, pray to Mary? Pray to Budda, please.

Yes and the law of believing is in the Word. Without believing it's impossible to please God, he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a REWARDER of thost that diligently seek him. Even Dr. Wierwille taught the Word, he never claimed to know it all. that is written in the University of Life "Thessalonians".

So since you all have and opinion and I have an opinion, I think it's time to let Pink Lady discard the junk and make a heart decision.

I happen to love CFF and the believers there. I also love other strong standing ministers on the Word. I do not think most of the complainers here are on the Word, at least in their posting, back biting & evil speaking.

I John 3.........you lost me there.

You comment that wierwille might have made a mistake......but then, discount the point that cff leaders are teaching it.

Then, you cite that you believe "the law of believing is in the Word." I contest that it is NOT.

Yes, there is believing.....as noted throughout the scriptures. Most Christians that I know wouldn't disagree with that at all.....nor do I. But to state that wierwille's "law of believing" is in the Word..... is higly debatable.

And.......your comments on "you all" and "the complainers here" and "back biting & evil speaking" are vague and insinuating. You have your opinions and I have mine. No big deal....just be specific with your posts.

:wave:

I John 3, thanks for the wonderful example of a CFF defender that you are. It really helps to see what kind of people are involved with CFF.

Doesnt it though--

I'll certainly second that ----we couldnt have had a better example of the legalism that is inherent in any TWI based system...--There is a scripture and reproof for everything, as well as the pronouncement from on high that we are "off the word" :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Some things never change

SSDD