GreaseSpot Cafe

Gangs

Dot Matrix

"I get this scholarship, but man, you Americans suck and you owe me." I would be embarrassed to say those things all at once to a stranger. Is this within your work arena or something?
Yes in my work arena--and you and I would be embarrassed to say such things because we are honest hardworking people--the ones I am Talking about aren't and it is everyone else's responsibility to see that they have happy lives and everyone else's fault if they don't

There is an article I think in People Magazine I am trying to locate about troops not getting the same benefits if they were not injured by enemy combatants

in the mean time here is a link I found which shows the abysmal state of compensation for our injured troops

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.impeach...5866cab8447a5b8

And The "civilian Contractors' there who face exactly the same dangers as out troops--

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politic...887f3ff13762894

Q?. Should those immigrants who are working here and paying taxes and paying into SS, but who are here without legal papers, be allowed some of the benefits which citizens are allowed? Health care?, K-12 schooling? Others?Q?. I assume if illegal immigrants are paying into SS that they have a fake SS number. Is that true, or can they get a real SS # if they are not here legally. What if they are not citizens but here legally?

To begin with if they don't have a green card they are not filling out 1099's (tax papers) or any other documentation if they aren't US citizens they don't have SS numbers (and If they can to afford to buy same on the black market they already have money)--- they are working under the table which means they pay nothing and their employers also do not pay their share of FICA etc. taxes--strictly a cash transaction all the way around. Employers who do this should be shut down and their business license revoked for a minimum of a year on the first offense--permanently if there is a repeat offense. And Illegals should receive no benefits. Hand in hand with this goes the argument that the poor employer has to hire illegals because Non-illegals won't take the job---

TRANSLATION OF EMPLOYER POSITION

I don't want to pay minimum wage, I don't want to adhere to a 40 hour work week, I don't want to pay overtime, I don't want to provide, Health insurance, I don't want to pay into workers compensation. I don't want to go to the expense of maintaining working conditions in compliance with OSHA --WHO can I get to work under these conditions????

How do we determine who are the persons "who wish to become part of this country"? What is the criteria we should use? Your thoughts?

They enter this country legally, work for a living and apply for citizenship. Whether our current immigration laws are reasonable or good is another issue for another thread. But the key point is that THEY ARE OUR LAWS. I have a problem with someone whose first idea is "How can I avoid or circumnavigate obeying the law" trying to convince me that I "owe" them something--whether it be a job, food stamps or citizenship

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies (Chatty Kathy and Templelady)-

Forget my request to paste your recent posts to another thread. I will just go ahead and start one. Feel free and join me there if you wish. I can see that the topic Gangs here could be grossly derailed if we continued here.

I think this is a fascinating topic that SHOULD be able to be addressed in the decorum we so far have each acquitted ourselves with!

thanks1

~HAP

I swear this laptop will be the death of me. :asdf:

Before I head over there I did want to mention this unless others might not be able to access our continued conversation.

You now have to meet an income level no higher than $ (that part not important) before you can even become eligible for VA benefits. It's no longer open just because you are a veteran.

Yet....people of other countries entering our country can qualify for all the government aids we already had in place. And yes, these are the same aids Americans can qualify for also. So it isn't that there is not equality in what is available as much as it is our giving away the coffer to the feet of those who just reached our soil JUST because they just reached our soil rather than they were down on their luck and needed to take advantage of our aids for a TEMPORARY period until they could get established. They suck the life out of the aids and in time they will NOT exist for those born on this soil to partake of when there is a GENUINE need in their lives. (does this sound prejudice...if it does I don't give a rats butt...which I imagine by now is obvious)

And templelady has done an incredible job of expressing the haughty in your face attitude of those sucking it dry. If ever I was tempted to lay a man or woman down it would be for that attitude alone.

And this last thing just because it torks me off to the max....once in awhile I will have a client leave me a message saying "if you cannot speak English do not call me back". I admire them and make sure they get my BEST efforts from that point forward.

Now over to the other forum.

quote name='ChattyKathy' date='Jan 19 2007, 09:42 PM' post='299151']

You did an excellent job of answering and even the ones you thought needed more expansion aren't necessary for me to be answered anymore if okay by you. Tulips are pretty aren't they? But that guy was a whack job wasn't he!

What was bugging me is the capturing of America being done in front of our very eyes in subtle politeness of extending a hand that has become your entire arm. We have become too nice and too afraid to speak.

I've done it myself.

Today I found myself in a situation with someone from Somali who said they needed to speak to the boss man, why they needed to tell me I've no idea, but they went on before I could even stop them telling me they were going back to school and needed the boss man to vouch for their inability to pay their credit card debt. Their words were "I will be in school now and can't be bothered by my credits". Hoping they were talking about something I just didn't understand I inquired as to what that meant and was told they are provided special financial aids from our government that comes by way of the employer when they feel they cannot afford the crunch they have found themselves in.

I'm taking a deep breath because I am still reeling inside from this.

I then proceeded to pursue this and find out if in fact there were such things going on and guess what? Yup! And more! We have held sensitivity classes (mandatory) to teach us Americans how to work with them.

Now how does apply to gangs? This is an example of what has allowed us to become captured. While other co-workers are allowed only a 15 minute break for a 4 hour shift these Somalia's are allowed to go wash their feet 3 times a day (whatever that means), have been given a special room so they can go have their prayer time. Yet when I walk thru their work area they look at me as if they think I think I'm above them because I work in the office. So they gang together and speak these words in their language across the distribution center to each other as I pass them by.

They are a gang of foreign speaking people being paid by my tax dollars to look and make rude comments to me because I am not one of them.

Granted they are working and we are taking taxes out of their paychecks at least.

But they are a gang that we have allowed to capture us.

I just needed to know that the majority if not all of us on this forum do not prescribe to that as being acceptable in any form or fashion.

Yup, I reckon it is personal also.

Yes, I agree

We are being captured by politeness. God forbid we should offend someone. But it is fine if we are offended and left behind financially (programs which do not help Americans).

At work, a person newly hired from another country,on her first day, told me she did not like WHITE people and all white people are lazy. She told me the Spanish work hard and the Americans do not. This was her FIRST day.

Then, they wanted me to train her. When I would speak to her, she would respond and I did NOT understand her English.

I said, "I am sorry. What?"

She snapped so nasty she had a bit of white foam in the cracks of her mouth, "What's the matter you don't understand English?"

(I understood that....)

I went to my bosses and they are so disgusted with what is happening in the area they are ready to retire early to get out.

IT is not that I lack understanding about America being a melting pot.

It is for the FIRST time in history we are inviting people (or perhaps accepting people) that do not want to assimilate into our society. They want to bring their country here. They want us to observe their beliefs by disregarding ours. They march for freedoms they are not legally entitled to--

To me, it is war and it starts with POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. AND fear of speaking honestly

WE had one government official who spoke against the Spanish illegals and his address and picture of his home were put in a Spanish newspaper. The published where his kids went to school and other information to back him down. He was very frightened for his family.

WE have been contacting the police and the Governor’s office regularly as the county in which I work is now the number one place in the USA for illegal Spanish.

And guess what? The two friends of mine who are Spanish are also upset with what is happening, these two do not perceive our disgust as “racial” but as needed. These two want to be a part of America – not change it or capture it. But they are out numbered. They came to work when the others of that culture were causing pandemonium in the city in which I work as they joined the “no work” day.

So, in reporting to you the facts, I am almost tormented by this fear of being politically correct, do not offend, someone may jump on you and call you a racist – in light of what happened. But I have decided to speak the facts. If they are bothersome to people I do not care. If we do not speak up we will loose this country and our flag will be some form of United Nations thing.

We let it slip away. We have gutless leaders who have the power and refuse to use it. We have laws in place but they just sit there. When people rise up, the ACLU sues these small towns…

Funny, it is the AMERICAN civil Liberties Union. Rev. Kennedey on Coral Ridge is always calling them communist.

There are many gangs Chatty willing to ruin our lives. Some wear bandanas and some sit next to us at work.

The subject of race has come up...

How about socioeconomic background? Has that come up yet?

I think socioeconomic background plays a much bigger role than race - though I do think Mo brought up some thought provoking points about heritage as well.

I'd take it beyond socioeconomic though - to parental supervision.

Sure, the rich kids are far less likely to join street gangs, but left to raise themselves they can be equally destrucive and dangerous. You just don't hear about it as often because the parents can afford to buy their kids out of trouble.

I see the kids in school with my kids (elementary aged) and it isn't hard to predict which ones are more likely to end up going down bad roads and which ones are least likely too. Sure, no guarantees either way - but the odds go up or down exponentially depending on how involved the parents are in their lives - what the parents are teaching them.

Edited by Abigail

A fresh article on LA's gangs, particularly noting the deaths of a 14 and a 9 year old girl, killed by stray gang bullets. But thank God the article says that the gangs are now going to be "cracked down upon". Yeah right. What is needed is brutal force that is unequalled by any gang. They need to be hunted with extreme prejudice. But, that ain't gonna happen. Our country is so weak and PC that we have lost our way. Extremely stupid people run our country. All politicians are governed by their "need" to keep their jobs by getting the votes. Good men and women's hands are tied and not allowed to do the job necessary to stop the evils that stalk our land. And oh, if a person decides to leave the "good land" where gangs are allowed to flourish because of political correctness, then they are accused of "white flight". Too bad the parents of the slaughtered little girls didn't practice "white flight" the day before their lovely little girls were senselessly gunned down... :realmad:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/22/la.gangs.ap/index.html

You have stated my sentiments quite well on our PC nose-diving and ball-less leaders making decisions for us. Heck maybe it is time to have a woman in the Whitehouse. I have said it many a time if you really want to take care of this crap just put a group of us together that are on the edge in our emotions and you will never have another problem again!