GreaseSpot Cafe

So what's the status at CESTFI?

Tell that one to my wife (just make sure you're wearing a helmet when you do). ;)

Well, if I can't do that -- can I fire them? :)

Bumpy, you didn't answer my question. What's up with that!

Sure you can ‘fire’ them, but after that, you’re on your own! :biglaugh:

“Bumpy” has a long tribal African history which can only be revealed in the native language of Wolof!

Not polite to de-rail thread this further.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not polite to de-rail thread this further.

I wouldn't concern yourself with that Bumpy. I resurrected the thread. The last post was made on Feb 11 2007, 12:24 PM so, the original participants of the thread lost interest in it almost a year ago. :) Besides, anyone is free to re-engage the subject of the thread whenever they feel like it. Until then -- :dance:

"Finally, and perhaps more importantly, is the fact that Holy Smoke seems conflicted on the matter. She clearly states: "It's like my divorce.... If my husband and I had not told our relatives all our dirt, we'd probably still be together." When you get right down to it, it's nobodies business what goes on behind closed doors. Only members within that household"

--------------

Well, hey everybody, Happy Thanksgiving. Had the day off so thought I'd see what's going on here.

I don't think I'm conflicted, altho the two posts #16 and #17 may appear to conflict. My meaning was exactly what you said, Larry. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut until things are worked out privately.

Other times, we need to publicly repent of making fools of ourselves and apologize to those who have been hurt. This goes for anyone, but particularly church and corporate leaders. But the timing and wording depends on the situation, culture, etc.

My illustration with it all is to say that once lawyers are involved, nothing is resolved, things de-volve and move at glacial speed.

HS

"Finally, and perhaps more importantly, is the fact that Holy Smoke seems conflicted on the matter. She clearly states: "It's like my divorce.... If my husband and I had not told our relatives all our dirt, we'd probably still be together." When you get right down to it, it's nobodies business what goes on behind closed doors. Only members within that household"

--------------

Well, hey everybody, Happy Thanksgiving. Had the day off so thought I'd see what's going on here.

I don't think I'm conflicted, altho the two posts #16 and #17 may appear to conflict. My meaning was exactly what you said, Larry. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut until things are worked out privately.

Other times, we need to publicly repent of making fools of ourselves and apologize to those who have been hurt. This goes for anyone, but particularly church and corporate leaders. But the timing and wording depends on the situation, culture, etc.

My illustration with it all is to say that once lawyers are involved, nothing is resolved, things de-volve and move at glacial speed.

HS

It's a pleasure to meet you Holy Smoke. I enjoyed reading your posts.

Happy (Day After) Thanksgiving to you as well Holysmoke! FWIW, I never thought your posts were 'conflicted' (if I gave that impression) nor did I disagree with them. I felt that they were your thoughts on two different ways to handle two different matters...

If I take your meaning correctly, you're referring to post #17 when you offer "Other times, we need to publicly repent of making fools of ourselves and apologize to those who have been hurt. This goes for anyone, but particularly church and corporate leaders. But the timing and wording depends on the situation, culture, etc."

I think there are a lot of folks around here that share those exact sentiments regarding the CES/STFI 'situation'.

The primary communication tools that they (CES/STFI) have used in the past with their "church" have been either through the internet (their website) or their magazine (The Sower). Yet nothing of this entire situation has ever been communicated nor acknowledged through either of those venues.

I think that they owe their 'church' something, certainly more than "call me or email me privately"... it's a public situation that affected a lot of people and it needs to be dealt with in that manner as well.

I dunno.. there are quite a few "fellowships" that claim affiliation with the group.

If I ran one, I'd send a letter, not email, through the U.S. postal service, requesting that my name be removed from the list..

The sad thing I think, is that a lot of them probably don't have a clue of what's going on..

it's like, der vey ministry, all over again..

I dunno.. there are quite a few "fellowships" that claim affiliation with the group.

If I ran one, I'd send a letter, not email, through the U.S. postal service, requesting that my name be removed from the list..

The sad thing I think, is that a lot of them probably don't have a clue of what's going on..

it's like, der vey ministry, all over again..

i have been involved to some extent in both groups and have to admit that some of the same

unhealthy tendencies exist in both.

It is kind of like "if you dare ask me " type of thing/

the threat of being exposed as a trouble maker and gossip and misinformed is clear if you want to speak of all the " talk running around cyber space about personal business" geez no one wants that do they now?

christians are fed guilt and guilt by association, shame on you runs deep in those who want to earn they way to Gods love while screaming grace in one side of the lip they are claiming the other guy is the worse sinner (thank God we can refer to him/her takes the focus off anything i might be ashamed of)

it is the game religous folks love to play.

I dunno about the "affiliated" groups, but I am aware of ONE group of people who fellowship around a variety of different teachings, including manline church materials, some materials from STI, and various other bible ministries. The group I am familiar with is well aware of the goings on at STI, the so-called "prophecies" regarding certain members etc. They continue to pray for the well-being of all those involved, and do not feel they have been left uninformed, nor do they believe they have been misused like some here seem to imply. Perhaps some here are imagining a problem that is not so much an issue as they would have us believe.

Meanwhile John and his wife Elizabeth seem very happy, and in my experience are open about the events which led to their divorce and their remarriage.

~HAP