GreaseSpot Cafe

Slingshot's wife says.....

No darn dirty dishes ! A clean living room I didn't have to tidy up to find my chair.

One day of all my children NOT fighting, bickering and screeching(yes, I have four)

The remote for the whole week. Dirty clothes in the hamper, clean ones in the drawers...this never happens!

Chocolate fudge brownies and french vanilla coffee.

a long hot bath ALONE.

A word or two of thanks would be nice...after all, the services a mom provides her family are currently valued at $600,000+ and I've never received a paycheck, have you?

A quiet house for long enough to call my mother, who is currently taking care of HER mother(88 and fragile) and actually be able to hear!

I know it's alot to ask, but it only comes once a year!

I would love for everyone to get what they want for mothers day however "small" of a gift that it is.

However I wish that all of these "special " days or holidays would not be so commercialized. It would be wonderful if everyone did something special just on awhim and not just on a certain day.

How wonderful it feels to get a gift or surprise "just because".

We do not do anything special for birthdays and it does not bother me a bit. I however am thrilled when on a whim I come home from work and someone else has made supper or cleaned the dishes that were in the sink when I left for work. These "little" things mean a lot mor to me than a happy moms day card or flowers.

However I still get my mom something but I try to make it something that will last awhile or something that she truly needs.

loving life and trying to help others love it too

This morning Mathman ran an errand to Dunkin Doughnuts for a scone for me - my guilty pleasures!

As he handed me the bag, Kristopher, our 22 month old son, intercepted it, shoved his little hand in it and ran off with mommy's breakfast before either one of us could grab him. (And this is the same kid that we thought would be crawling on his first date!)

I've come to accept that nothing is sacred!

My wish is to enjoy life's simple pleasures, maybe get a good meal out or have one cooked for me and to call hubby to take care of the nuclear diapers - just because I can!

Oh, and one more thing... to get what's left of my scone back!

I was SOOO spoiled for mothers day...I shouldn't even mention it in polite society...ya'll will think I'm bragging.

My Steve! and the chinettes were amazing.

Guess I should be used to it by now...ever since Steve! moved in six months ago...life has been amazingly good.

I keep thinking...'So THIS is what bein happy is'

See...told ya it'd sound like bragging. Sowwy...