GreaseSpot Cafe

6th (Sickth) Corps

Hope R.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was reading through GSC and came upon a major rail of Atheletes of the Spirit.

Evan we are finally vindicated from LCM's greatest alliteration of his shabby career.

No Perception Paul and Pablum Pyle.

There I was: (again)

I believe it was a Corpse meeting at ROA our graduting year. I was assigned to go to WA State

Evan and I we sitting together as usual and LCM just got off doing one of his tyraids about AOTS and after months of research we couldn't stand it any longer and I went to the microphone.

The result of the challenge I think coined the famous Felix phrase "The one who screams the loudest wins the argument".

Well seconds later Evan went to the mic and what happened? Same result screaming at us like no tomorrow.

Thus in his wrap up came the "No Perception Paul and Pablum Pyle". Gotta love a guy who can come up with .... like that off the top.

Ha Ha I have thought of that many times as I read Eph chap 6 and you know what their ain't no Estrangelo Aramaic word for Athlete.

I think I even asked Oscar Baker about it later and he looked at me and said "Athletes of the What"?

Well, Paul, it's not like we risked losing any credibility by going to the mic...ours scored a collective zero or thereabouts at that time. I think we can proud of the fact that we didn't care. I think...

Yeah, Wierwille knew good Biblical research, right?

Riiiight...

Well, Paul, it's not like we risked losing any credibility by going to the mic...ours scored a collective zero or thereabouts at that time. I think we can proud of the fact that we didn't care. I think...

Riiiight...

I think that was the WHOLE point we didn't care and consequently could confront the peeps who were spewing bs that was the best part of it. I remember when I was in Spokane WA and my little WOW branch filled this auditorium full of people for a JN concert. Afterward with all the regional corps in a meeting they were nuking me for not living up to their expections, there were tons of people there that didn't know me. So after listening to this tripe for 5 or so minutes I stood up and said, "Where in the Bible exactly does it say that I need to meet the expectations of some band", or something close. So then it was "We need to talk after the meeting". Needless to say I didn't lose any sleep by attending that one.

Later Bro

let me add my memory of the AOTS critique.... I believe vic and lcm along with others were on the stage. lcm had just given his explanation, you guys jumped up to the mike and it was vic, rousing from slumber, it seemed, who pronounced your doom and went back to his "coffee cup" fulla drambuie while lcm expanded on the rail and continued on forever. Larry and I sat there feeling bad but having known this is exactly the result of identifying any gaps in the Emperors logic or clothes, as the case may be....

what a pathetic farce it all really was,.... Biblical Research????? in a pigs eye.....

by the by, this happened at the fisrt official corpse week, pre-raca 79. no such meetings pre-raca 78, just raca setup.

Edited by alfakat

Sunny, I know nada of Ron, sorry.

Correct, Alfa. The "panel of ex-spurts" consisted of King Jock, the token Biblific Wunderkind (Cummins) and the wizened old Supreme CoachMonster. I think Cummins was there to lend an air of 'researchificness'. So, they're talking over aspects of this New & Wondrous Doctrine in golden mellowtones and asking if'n we unwashed have any input. Now I can't remember if we were the first or not. I'm thinking we followed a number of corpse going ga-ga over the great insight, or providing some convoluted tangential 'support' of this Great New Truth.

Neither of us attacked the doctrine. We just called it into question with scripture references. Hey, no biggie, especially since the atmosphere was suffused in Golden Mellowtones of Love. That's what made the sudden angry shoutdown by the CoachMonster seem even more sudden. I mean, all I can figure is we harshed his Drambuie buzz.

Biblical research? More like unBiblical Rehash.

yeah, you're right, Evan-- a bunch of others were up like lightnin', oooohhing and aahhhing over the wondrous new clothes, err, "doctrine of truth" and doing the general toady stuff expected while vic snoozed on. Then you guys awoke him and boy did the dulcet atmosphere switch to harsh and croaking. ahhh, well, no denominational heavy-handedness here, thankee. Jess the way kork, ever eager to learn and find new "truth"....if a course it agreed w/ all the other "truth" already agreed upon....

hmmm, how did we ever get so snowed.....

i quite enjoyed that microphone time, thank you guys

now removing cobwebs from my brain.... wierwille came out of his coffee cup for a minute.... and supported this ????

but didn't he later "doctrine reproof and correct" the boy in tights ? or maybe that was the bus driver's passing paper

so many nuts so little time

paw-- give my love to Larry if you ever have any contact. I tried to email him once and never got any response.

Excie-- Paul thought kraggg screamed them down but it was his vic-is-ness who coined their nick-names by telling Paul he had no perception atall and Evan that he was a pablum-swiller. Then lcm picked up the mike and continued the rant. Clearer???

Wow, not to intrude, but I was a lowly staff member, back stage gopher, at this pre Rock thingy, when you guys all showed up. I didn't have a green name tag, just a wood-grain one, and I was all of 19 years old, but I looked 15. I wasn't 7th interim corps, so there was nowhere for me to hide. :spy:

I remember lotza stuff. That whole meeting was a major fiasco/dare I say? unprepared for ......mistake?

Everybody was freekin mad, about everything. I quit my job on staff, and went WOW. Not a smart career move, but the lesser of many evils at the time.

Love you guys.

Edited by ex10

Ah yes it is all coming back to like an e-coli spinach salad.

Man you guys are good I remember the scenario but not the details. Is that just Ole Timers or is is just Jim Beam?

Was there not a greek word and an Estangelo Aramaic word involved in the conflict? I would love to remember what it was, bad memory leads me to Workmen. Somehow got construed to athlete in Aramaic.

I even talked to that old Aramaic scholar guy's girl friend about the word. What was his name?

Paul, I believe it was the word in Aramaic for workman. I do not remember even paying attention to the connection to the Greek and athlete. I suppose some distant connection was drawn but I do not see how, no real athletic tradition like the Greeks had for games, etc. But vp was so hung up on the whole AOS thing, it had to be right, doncha know..... :asdf::asdf::asdf:

Ah yes it is all coming back to like an e-coli spinach salad.

LOL - You guys can always make me laugh.....

I guess I was at that Corps gathering too, but there were always tirades about something or other.... so I don't remember that one in particular. Must be due to my "old-timers" memory. Oh well, I defer to my elders on this one anyway.

Pegger

• 3 months later...