GreaseSpot Cafe

Goodbye from Jonny Lingo

J0nny Ling0

Love all of yous folks. But, it is time to move on. I had long since said good bye to The Way International before I came here, and I have decided that even though this place is addicting, and hard to stay away from, it is time for me to go. Being here many times, has stirred me up about my past, and sometimes that has been good. And at other times that has been bad.

I have learned a great many things here, and some of those things were hard to come to grips with. I didn't believe at first that the upper leadership of The Way actually took advantage of women who didn't know to say "No". But I have found through communications with many of you that it is true. And that was so wrong man....so wrong!

But as I have stated many times, I don't believe that The Way started out as a "sex and money farm", but rather, VPW started out wanting to help people and wanted to see a radical change in the Christian Church which would actually help people. However, I do believe that he succumbed to the "pleasures of sin for a season" ( a long season), and that he brought a wonderful ministry down into the "usual cess pools of sin and iniquity" where Mankind has preferred to snorkel about with unmittigated glee, therefore hurting many many people in an insidious manner...

But, I need to go on. Need to leave the past behind and keep on going to take care of my wife and kids.

God has blessed us with unbelieveable blessings and, well, it is just TIME.

God bless you all. I won't name a one of you in a "thank you", for there are so many and I don't want to leave any one out. This is not a "I'm taking my toys and going home!" thing (which I have done before-I confess) but rather a "I just gotta go" kind of a thing. Just time to leave it in the past is all...

I will not ask Pawtucket to "erase me" for awhile yet, for, in my vanity, I guess I want to hear a goodbye from you. I love you all though.

I know that when we all got involved in The Way, it was because we wanted to change the World, and that we thought that we had found the way to do just that. And ya know what? That was a beautiful thing for us to want to do!! You all are beautiful people and beautiful in God's eyes.

I think of the song by Hope Somebody (I Got Outs wife) who sang;

"I'd like to thank each one of you and hold you in my arms....." (da da dee da....) "And I love you so, the words you hold just melt my soul, and I want you to know, your my Famil-eeee....(da da dee da) "I'm so glad your my Family. My Fam-il-ee. I'm soo glad you're my Family....."

Damn I'd love to hear that song just one more time.... :love3::wave:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shucks --- priorities are just that --- priorities.

So go do what you need to do. That's understandable.

But why erase the account here??

You might get a wild hair somewhere down the road to come back,

and see what's being said, and (maybe) make a comment or two.

I've only burned bridges to places I NEVER wanted to go back to.

Leaving a *back door open*, might be an option you'll want to use

6 months, 1 year, (whenever), in the future, should you decide to.

I bet yer going fishhhhhhing, aren't you Jonny! :biglaugh:

I still laugh at your FRANKEE DECEPTION,

that we all fell for. :eusa_clap:

Whatever you decide -- God bless, take care,

and at least keep in touch with CoolChef.

(He needs that smoked salmon, don't cha know!) ;)

David

Edited by dmiller

Jonny Lingo

Every time I see that name I fondly remember the story of the 10 cow woman.

I cannot remember what class TWI played it at, only that it was one of Mrs. Wierwille's favorites.

Anyway, few months back while lurking on here I saw that name Jonny Lingo and was inspired to punch it into video.google.

If anyone is interested "The Legend of Johnny Lingo" in it's entirety is can be found at the link below:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7397510351543091390

1 hr 26 min

Hmm, I wonder.

If in the lot of Johnny's 10 cows if one of Johnny's cows was a purple cow would Johnny have needed more or less cows?!?

Love and peace to you Jonny.

I have a lot of respect for a man who cares for his family, and in all your posts, it was so easy to see how much you care for yours.

And how cool is it that your think of us as family!

I hope you stop back at times.

…And I was gonna make Cappuccino for everyone on the mile-high club thread…and pass out cigs for the afterglow…Anyway, Jonny – always enjoy your input on GSC and hope yah come back some time to visit. You and your family have my bon voyage prayers.

Ok, Jonny, just because I haven't posted much and you haven't seen Linda Z's aunt's hat on my head, you don't have to leave for good!!!

Seriously, Jonny, I am now working 2 part-time jobs and don't post alot, but I do read what interests me. I rarely post on the prayer thread, but do pray for the ones that have posted on it.

But, do what you have to do and if you ever make it to KY, let me know.

Hubby and I would love to meet you.