GreaseSpot Cafe

Goodbye from Jonny Lingo

J0nny Ling0

Of course, IF Jonny needs (or needed) to leave, why all the drama?

If he (or someone) doesn't want to be here... why not just NOT show up?

IF he (or anyone) has friends here and feels a connection, then maybe leaving is NOT the real need...

Rocky,

Is it really drama to say, "Good-bye?" I dunno, seems to me that when I bid a friend

"Adieu" that I look them in the eye and share a moment. This being cyber space and all, well it makes sense to stay around and read the farewell wishes.

Or is this against some moral code you have....? One could ask why you felt the need to post this comment on a thread that was meant to say "Good bye" to friends. Apparently you don't count yourself among those friends - so why bother....?

Now I'm getting all cranky and curmudgeonly again.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rocky,

Is it really drama to say, "Good-bye?"

Or is this against some moral code you have....? One could ask why you felt the need to post this comment on a thread that was meant to say "Good bye" to friends. Apparently you don't count yourself among those friends - so why bother....?

Now I'm getting all cranky and curmudgeonly again.

1) YES.

2) NO... just an observation. People have left before, those who feel a need to leave... leave. Those who are looking for something (perhaps sympathy?) set up some drama. No big deal either way... AND this thread really should NOT be about me... WeOUT and Dooj...

Those who are looking for something (perhaps sympathy?) set up some drama. No big deal either way...

AND this thread really should NOT be about me... WeOUT and Dooj...

:offtopic:

1.) Seems the drama came from just one or two posts - not Jonny.

2.) The reason I commented in the first place...so now I'm just repeating:

Have a great life, Jonny. :wave:

I once said goodby also and told people I was leaving...because I had been so hurt by comments I made that were from my heart and just an honest open exposure of myself. I was still stung and came back and read post but didn't respond to any for a long time because the hurt was very deep. But when I said goodbye and was upfront about leaving (as I believe Johnny is)...I had PM's from people and responses that made me consider whether to leave or not. I chose to come and read but not post until I could personally handle the hurt and attacks. I DONT see ANYTHING wrong with someone saying they are leaving.

1) Maybe letting them know their posts count help

2) Maybe just saying goodbye helps because it shows SOMEONE cares (we all would like SOMEONE to care and in cyberspace...who knows)

3) Maybe something someone "says" answers a question for them that will disuade them from leaving

Who knows.....but I don't think it's wrong to say goodbye. I think it's more upfront than to just disappear and become inactive.

I'm FOR Johnny not to leave and to come back because he's a great person, with a lot of insight that doesn't seem to be tainted. (Ok so now someone will take off on "tainted".....go for it...but that wasn't what was ment and you know it.)

Hope your future is as wonderful as you seem to be as a person Johnny. You go for it!!

TAINT isn't like AIN'T. TAINT means: spoil, stain, contaminate, dirty, infect, ruin, pollute, defile.....should I go on???? I'm very aware of English usage of words.

But I "figured"...."taint" would be the focus...that's why I said what I said above.

Edited by sogwap51

TAINT isn't like AIN'T. TAINT means: spoil, stain, contaminate, dirty, infect, ruin, pollute, defile.....should I go on???? I'm very aware of English usage of words.

But I "figured"...."taint" would be the focus...that's why I said what I said above.

Soggy - I wasn't making fun of you! You used that word perfectly (as you well know)- but Tom is a Texan and a 5th grader at heart and he needs an education....

Not to mention that you used the word "tainted" not just "taint."

Edited by doojable

Hiya sogwap. :)

Yer right, that's why I added the apostrophe to the t'aint in my post.

Even us Mountain Williams -- (That's *PC* for HillBilly's),

know the difference there!!

:biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

On this subject I left for a year one time, without a word I was gone. When I returned Sudo said rarely do people that leave suddenly ever return and you are left with the "why" or "what could have happened" so he was thankful I returned because at least he knew I was okay. That touched my heart and at the time we were not very close to each other which since then we have become buds.

Another poster here who will go unnamed told me once in our private communications as friends that when one of us left at one time it was like watching that old western movie where the man was shot and just kept backing out of the saloon nearly falling and it seemed to go on and on and you wanted to say "die already will you".

Jonny told us upfront he would be staying around to see our goodbyes. So why would we even wonder why he was still around?

Also who knows the value of our words to him, like has been mentioned here, perhaps knowing how important he was to us might help him make a decision that he should stay a little longer if time and family situations allow.

I would love to dream that if I left there would be such an outpouring of well wishes.

Edited by ChattyKathy

I really appreciate the goodbye so that I am not left wondering "what happened to Jonny? Hope everything is okay with him.". Glad to know he's doing great and just needs a change of scenery for a while.

Suda

Perhaps what raised the questions/comments Oak and Rocky mentioned was the fact that Jonny first announced on the Politaks page he got a wonderful financial windfall and was now leaving GSC. On that forum, there was no mention that he was leaving for family or his own well-being, only that he had lots of money now and was leaving. Period.

30 minutes later he started this thread, in Open, where he made no reference to his "blessings" but that it was time to move on for his family. Some of us just wonder which it is? I am glad either way that he found a reason for himself to move on.

~HAP

...this "moving on" concept is really foreign to me... I know that for some, the cafe is just a place to stop and eat as they travel down the highway of life... but for me, I just live in the neighborhood so it's a "local hangout"... not someplace I'll be moving on from or to... it's just here... so, if the cafe is just a stop on the side of the highway for you to rest and freshen up, great... have a great trip and don't forget to wear your seatbelt! ...the rest of you guys, I'll see you tomorrow... probably.

Perhaps what raised the questions/comments Oak and Rocky mentioned was the fact that Jonny first announced on the Politaks page he got a wonderful financial windfall and was now leaving GSC. On that forum, there was no mention that he was leaving for family or his own well-being, only that he had lots of money now and was leaving. Period.

30 minutes later he started this thread, in Open, where he made no reference to his "blessings" but that it was time to move on for his family. Some of us just wonder which it is? I am glad either way that he found a reason for himself to move on.

~HAP

But Hap - wouldn't that normally be best dealt with in a PM?

:rolleyes:

...too bad the rest of you suckers struggling to make ends meet aren't loved by God as much as Lingo is. :(

Too bad indeed. Oh woe wizz us! :evildenk:

Sorry Jonny, I tried to suggest this thread continue to be about you... I was overruled, however.

Edited by Rocky

Dooj- point taken. sorry- back to the goodbyes.

Bye Jonny

~HAP

edit add: I meant to be only making a point of clarification, as some do not ever see Politaks, and thus wondered where Oak found his quote. sorry if I went awry.

Edited by HAPe4me