GreaseSpot Cafe

Goodbye from Jonny Lingo

J0nny Ling0

Hey Now Jonny,

I just finished reading this entire post...and for weeks I have been reading the archives; and just when I was getting to know you a little and like you a lot....your leaving! It's like losing before you begin.... I was hoping that we could at least have a few cups of coffee!!!???

I have truly loved reading all the heart and soul that you put into your posts....and romantic stories!!!!! You are well Loved here and will be long remembered and greatly missed!!!!! So drop in for coffee and reminise...when you can! Thanks for all the wisedom you've left behind. know that it has and will make an impact on many hearts!

Love You Jonny Lingo, RainbowsGirl

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That dead horse still has some life in it, unfortunately, as do some of its offspring.

Threads like the Guitar Thread are fun, but let's not forget the main purpose of the cafe: GreaseSpot Cafe is a gathering place, bringing together people and information. We welcome all who have an interest in The Way International, including former followers, current followers, and those who may have friends or family members who are involved. Our mission is to provide information that tells the other side of the story about The Way International and its trustees. Our hope is that GreaseSpot Cafe serves as a place where those who have been impacted by The Way can make connections with people and information which will support their particular process of recovery.

We want people to be able to make informed decisions regarding their past, present, and future affiliations with The Way International (TWI). Whether you are standing with TWI, thinking about leaving, trying to help someone else get out, or looking for support from others who have left, we believe the information here is highly relevant and well worth considering.

Too bad if some don't like the "Way bashing". At pro-TWI sites you are blocked or censored if you say anything anti-TWI, or even ask questions. Despite the whining of those whose pro-Way views or rosy reminisces are heckled, you can post pretty much whatever you want here.

Edited by Oakspear

Jonny Lingo, Man of Intrigue.... :spy:

I had a feeling if we kept at it long enough, this thread would become the Hello thread. And now it is! Maybe it was never really about "goodbye" at all. Wow. So much to ponder.

Well, since this thread is a magnet for illumination, I'd be crazy to not pipe in a lux or two of my own.

GS is IMO, a wonderful board for certain things. It allows for free expression of ideas and opinions, in that a poster can post whatever they think, feel, know or would like to know.

Whether or not any other poster agrees or not isn't really the point, to me. That another poster would disagree with anything I'd post doesn't constitute a reduction of the free expression.

As far as the Guitar Thread, it represents one of the purposes of GS that's been created by the people that come here, and their interests, namely to participate in a shared community of ideas and interests with other people. It's part of the evolution of the board, IMO. If that goes away I probably would too. I have little to contribute on Way related topics at this point in my life.

The board discussions on Way related topics is what the board is based on, of course. If that's any kind of a prerequisite for participation the board will probably lose me, which wouldn't be the end of the world but it is nice to particpate where I do.

At any rate, Jonny Lingo is ... back? or...is he.....

My oh my! This thread still lives? Amazing! Well, now, all who want to say what ever and discuss whatever here at the GSCafe is fine with me. I was just saying that I myself have had my fill of alot of it, that's all. I do think that it is good for those who have left TWI to have a place to air out their thoughts. I agree with the Amazing Mr. Socks on all of that. And you too Oakspear. On the other hand, it does seem like some (not all) who have been here for years now seem to still be carrying their same bitterness and anger, and that is sad for me to see and is tiresome, that's all. And so, a break has been nice, but I doubt I'll get into any more discussions that turn into "rumbles". Hi to everyone! :wave:

And Rainbowsgirl, thank you very much!! :love3:

Edited by Jonny Lingo

• 2 months later...
Excie, when did you start writing limericks? ;)

That's not a limerick. :nono5:

Limericks have the:

A

A

B

B

A

format of rhyme.

Here's an example:

Jonny found sincere provocation,

at the liquor store's check out station.

Seeing *Made in Vagina*,

on a t-shirt it kinda,

Made him want to start pontificating.

:biglaugh:

That's not a limerick. :nono5:

Limericks have the:

A

A

B

B

A

format of rhyme.

Right you are dm
Here's an example:

Seeing *Made in Vagina*,

on a t-shirt it kinda,

Made him want to start pontificating.

:biglaugh:

How about a slight change:

Seeing *Made in Vagina*,

on a t-shirt it kinda,

Made him want to start pontificatin'

Yeah, I know...picky, picky :evilshades: