GreaseSpot Cafe

Transfering Casset Tapes

Abigail

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Abigail,

Have you attempted to transfer your cassette tapes to CD yet?

I want to transfer some but my stereo equipment is in the great room and my computer is in the computer room.

Hubby said it would be too much trouble to take all of it apart and move it to the computer room.

Just wondering, do you have an all-in-one turntable, CD player? If so, which brand and are you happy with its quality?

BTW, I LOVE your avatar!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, polar bear, yeah, I know I can pay for it, but with all this equipment we have and a nice computer, it is a shame to pay someone to do it.

Maybe hubby will be more up to it when it gets cooler weather.

Abi, thanks for the return PM.

Get a program from Roxio called easy CD & DVD burning. You also need a portable cassette player (stereo). You also need a cable for sound.

Hook up the cable to the head phones place on the cassette recorder and to either the in spot on your computer. Roxio will talk you thru everything else.

When burning the CD make sure you are off line and nothing else is running cause it won't work.

Have to be careful about not doing copy write stuff

Edited by dande

Yesterday, I bought a Numark turntable usb, of course, it won't record cassette tapes.

I am listening to Star of the Show lp right now and saving it to my computer to burn to CD before I sell it and others on ebay.

So far I like it and set up was easy as long as you READ the instructions!!!

Bought it at Guitar Center.