GreaseSpot Cafe

Connecticut

Galen

• 8 months later...

Galen.....I was there in Connecticut in 1974. I ran the first class at the submarine base...I can't recall the students names. There was a girl named Susann ??????? and a guy named Ernie Shipman .....i wonder what became of them.

Bruce Mahone was the Limb leader at the time....I think he and Herb Wexler roomed together in Bridgeport if memory serves me correctly.

I was aboard the USS Woodrow Wilson SSBN-624 (blue crew).

Cool, we spoke breifly on the old board.

My wife knew Bruce Mahone, has not seen him for long time. He was not here, while I was, too bad.

During the first period that I was here ('78-81) there were multiple WOW families and lots of PFAL classes. I recall a group of girl WOWs, that all the sailors dated when they were on the surface, and a group of military WOW on my opposite crew. Various subs ran classes, and there were twigs in Groton, New London, Norwich, Ocean Beach, and subase.

When we returned in 90-93, there was one twig in Mystic, and we started one in Norwich.

ET1 SS

Galen

USN Retired and University of Life Alumni

Bless you

• 3 weeks later...

I got involved in '75 at the University of Bridgeport. Bruce Mahone was limb leader, and shared an apt right off campus with Hugh Knowlton, Jim Daggon, and Larry Romaine-all great guys.

Went wow, then returned in '77. Lived in Milford from '78-'82, when I moved out of state for good(but returned often to visit family.)

Steve and Cathy Strzepek were running the show then, and my relationship with them was complex to say the least. I will say that I would love to see them again, which is more than I can say for many leaders.

I once heard that Strezpec was back in CT. I dont know for sure.

I met him twice. He was the first Way Corpse nazi that I ever met.

After I had been in TWI for 2 years, on that first meeting, in 1980, he told me that he had been 'pre-marriage' counseling a couple, but that he had no intention of ever marrying them, because they were not Corpse. He did not mind lying to them, because they were not corpse. Strezpec had strung them along for 6 months and they were getting ready to move as the guy (Harrel) was shipping out to a different home-port. (Due to the urgancy of their need, I had married the couple).

He told me that since I had married the couple anyway, I was obviously born of a different spiritual father, other than the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ; and he threw me out of TWI.

I met Strezpec a second time, at a Word and Business conference 10 years later. When I reminded him of who I was; He insisted that he had never told anyone that they were 'seed-of-serpent'. Rather he meant that I was born from a different source other than God, but not nessecarily from the devil.

The couple by the way, is still together 22 years later. I talk with them occasionaly.

My first experience with Way Corpse taught me valuable lessons, of which Steve Strezpec exemplify.

ET1 SS

Galen

USN Retired and University of Life Alumni

Bless you

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't me. I was a WOW kn Oshkosh in 1974-75. You might be thinking of Richard Burner who lived in Bridgeport in 1974. Rick and I were close friends throughout high school. Rick now lives in Florida and I live in Norwalk CT.

quote:
Originally posted by Littlehawk:

Galen.....I was there in Connecticut in 1974.

Bruce Mahone was the Limb leader at the time....I think he and Herb Wexler roomed together in Bridgeport if memory serves me correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...