GreaseSpot Cafe

Banning Booing

socks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally -- I think this is a conspiracy against the double oo.

Sure they start with Boo, but what's next??

Will doves no longer be allowed to Coo?

Will owls no longer be able to Hoo t?

Will cows no longer be allowed to Moo?

And all the animals in a Zoo, will soon be homeless.

It's all Boo sh's fault! :biglaugh:

You and me and a dog named Beaucephus?

How about a dog named Drew? Or Blew? That's it!

Krysillis, you've hit the nail on the donkey. That's going to be a problem. Zoo's - no mo'.

But - I'm having a bit of an epiphany here, no kidding.

Doves, cows, owls - it hit me!

Is it the sound or the actual sentiments expressed? Can we take the oo out of the boo, and still have a boo?

What is someone just went "aaaaaaahmmmmmm! ahmmm!" instead of "booooooooohhh!"

Or bee! Beeeeeee! Bee!

Would it have the same sting?

Socks - - I think your "hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" is kinda light. We use that too much for other things, such things that are not unpleasant or don't show bad plays, such as one would have wanted to boo if booing was still allowed.

How about we just give them the ole RRAASPBEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRIESSSSSSSSSS? That should work. Especially if we make them good and wet with lots of spit on our tongues and we wet our lips first. Maybe it wont be as loud - - but it would get the point across.

Good question Dooj.

If it sounds like a boo, shouts like a boo, looks a boo and has oo, I guess it's a boo. Or could be a boo. "Genuine suspicion". :biglaugh:

"AAAaaahhhhhhh----choooooooooo!"

At that rate, you could sneeze at a game and get booted out, by mistake.

We may see Instant Replays of crowd reactions someday. Lawyers will love this, as it will open the door for much litigation. The courts will be stuffed to overflowing with Boo-Suits. Movies will be made about Booers who bottom out, turn to drugs, lose their families and jobs and then rise back up against all odds. Sly Stallone will make his "final" Rocky movie and call it "Rock XV - Bad to the Booin'". Video Games will appear with Parental Discretion Warning labels based on their Boo content. Politicians will need to define their candidacies by where they stand on the Boo. Past offenses will need to be explained - "I did boo once, yes, but it was youthful indiscretion and I didn't throw anything".

This could change everything.

Edited by socks

James Thurber once wrote a story called 'The Wonderful O' about a king who outlawed the use of the vowel 'o' in speech. I don't think it was punishable by death, just jail, but one man's name was Otto Ott, and, well...

Hopefully that was not the same as the "Story of O"

:biglaugh: