GreaseSpot Cafe

Helped mark and avoid someone because of his shoes

another spot

quote: What was it that made way leaders think someone was Homosexual? Something they observed, like the guy from fellowship in the back seat of a parked car with his male lover, going at it? A man being sweet? His clothing? Tone of voice? Color choices? (and, why mainly men? Don’t recall women being accused.. maybe some where?)

It was the whims of their evil thinking. LCM set the tone for that. In 1990 at corps week he said someone had a certain devil spirit "because only a 5 star general would DARE say such and such in front of the entire way corps". Nothing about God, by His revealing it to you. So if Moe (LCM) can make pronouncements like that, then Larry and Curly (butt kisser leaders who carried out those purges) could walk by their flesh and call it "reasonable spiritual suspicion".

Right you are. I remember Martindale talking about how we shouldn't wait to catch someone "in the act", but that if we had a "genuine spiritual suspicion" we were to go to our "overseers", who would take some sort of action. Martindale enumerated a list a behaviors that he said indicated the presence of homosexual or lesbian spirits, whether or not the person was actually engaging in homosexual activity.

Of course weakness brings down strength brought about a host of tactics, one of which was genuine spiritual suspicion. Then detail of how to carry that out. Leaders were acting out of fear of what would happen to their twig, state ect if they didn’t get alert.

One I remember clearly was a TC was to give counsel (invited or not) on the premise anything you said was divine inspired ie you were given the responsibility, therefore God would provide the guidance. SO the person receiving the counsel needed to follow thru and receive results. If not, then they weren’t believing, possessed or some such. And a lot of weird ways to measure if they really got results or not.

Some folks, such as my ex-spouse admitted to the accusation (true or not) out of sheer terror of the consequences of not “coming clean.” (I won’t answer any specific questions about this. It feels like violating his privacy. If he wants to tell the story, he’s welcome to do so.)

I also remember when this all started, I left one state where it wasn’t that way and moved to another which was into it full bore. TC meeting teachings sounded like a foreign language to me at the time. It was months before I started to make sense of them.

Was LCM on LSD during this time? And we were supposed to be moving into the promised land at the time. Yikes!!!!!

Kansas, that's pretty terrible. Remember PFAL, VPW talked about people not liking the tie he wore etc. Changed his tune I guess.

Deuteronomy 29:1-5

1 These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.

2 And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land;

3 The great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those great miracles:

4 Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.

Guess those old Israelites escaping from Egypt wouldn't have been good enough, either.

Did any actual Homos get kicked out during the great Homo purge?

I don't think so. I think the only ones purged were those who were merely suspect, and refused to agree with the inquisitor, or those who caved in under confrontation and quietly left.

Either case, I don't think they actually were homosexual.

loy couldn't recognize a homo if there was one right next to him..

Donna and Rosalie are alleged to have had a "fling" or two, by reliable witness. The story is probably in the archives here somewhere..

I remember constantly being told about who was and wasn't a homo at twig. Once the LC at an ACTs class yelled and bragged to the whole class about how he backed a married man up against a wall until he confessed to being a homo. My own mother even confronted me because I didn't have a girlfriend at the time. (I was pimple-faced teenager with no car, what the H-ll?)

"You. In the back. Purple pants." I was stunned that he had singled me out. So was everybody else; you could have heard a pin drop. The women in front of me shifted a little more, so that he could see me clearly. They were very courteous.

"Yes, sir?" I replied.

"Are those new pants?" he asked.

"Yes, sir."

"Those are the ugliest pants I've ever seen in my life."

Hindsight for NIKA what you and/or I would have replied to him today (with boldness of course):

"Fxxck you!!! You are the ugliest pervert I have ever seen in my life and you dress like the piece of shxxt your are!!!"

:eusa_clap:

The 70's were grand.

The Branch leader only complained to me that I should date only in the WAy. I dated just about every decent looking girl there that wasn't married.

That was ok except that the girls I wanted were WOW's and they were off limits.

The more I remember the more I remember the little controls that got bigger all the time.

The first time someone would have checked my drawers would have been the last.

I remember constantly being told about who was and wasn't a homo at twig. Once the LC at an ACTs class yelled and bragged to the whole class about how he backed a married man up against a wall until he confessed to being a homo. My own mother even confronted me because I didn't have a girlfriend at the time. (I was pimple-faced teenager with no car, what the H-ll?)

What was even worse was when loy sent out BARELY older than pimple-faced teenagers to confront godly people that were a mere three or four times their age.

Limb Coordinator here was one of these unexperienced, unqualified and by a reasonable person's observation, displayed the intellect of less than a fifth grade education.

But, boy could he confront, and mark and avoid.. loy must have been proud.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

RE Vic: He was a mean, crotchety old man who ran roughshod over people, hated women, and enjoyed the superiority that he felt when he made other people uncomfortable.

-------------------------------------------------

I must say that is one of the most accurate descriptions of the man I've heard!!

Of course, this is the same fella that prided himself on the fact that he referred to his brother Harry's favorite suit jacket as "calf-$h!t brown".

Who the heck was he to teach us anything about handling other people?????

Safari vista, I personally knew of two different cases where women were thrown out of twi for homosexuality. It wasn`t just the guys. One was a mother of multiple children, one later married and had children. Neither woman ever were even tempted by the same sex.

It is funny, they rabidly accused and denounced innocent people whil allowing folks like Janet M and her special friend and Donna to remain.

It was just an ugly thing to do to people whom didn`t sufficiently bow and scrape to the mog.

ohforgodssake the entire homo purge had to be because donna is a lesbian

don't you think ?

Afraid of a little friendly competition was he?

.....Oh man....can't believe I just typed that. Can't believe I'm gonna post it. But, um, I am.

Yours with a *snirk*

~QT

Well................. maybe ol Loy, Donna & Rosie were a threesome :rolleyes: I DID read something about that in the official court papers that ol Loy enjoyed watching two women AND joining in... just a thought ~ :spy:

is there a retemorie to get that out of mind ? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

is there a retemorie to get that out of mind ? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Well, let's see...

"The manifestation of forgetfulness is your operation of the neurologically-given ability whereby you may be able to...uh...something something...by it being taken from you to, ahhh...

What was the question, again?"

:doh: :)