GreaseSpot Cafe

LMCI

Firefly_Bella

I'm new here. I was in TWI from 76-87. And glad to be out. Last week my husband and I received a phone call from a girl we used to know in The Way, who lived with us for a time also. She's now in Dale Sides Ministry, LMCI. She's coming to visit us. (?) Not sure what this is about but she kept bringing up her involvement with Dale Sides thing. I have no idea what Dale Sides is into or about, I only know I had a bad experience with him "many" years ago. Does anyone know much about him or his ministry? I've been told this is another splinter group. If anyone knows anything, could you share it with me as I'm wondering what I'm in for with the visitation not having a real clue what Dale Sides believes, does or promotes, etc. After my encounter with him, a very bad one at that, I never thought of him again nor wanted to. Thanx for any info.

I'm new here. I was in TWI from 76-87. And glad to be out. Last week my husband and I received a phone call from a girl we used to know in The Way, who lived with us for a time also. She's now in Dale Sides Ministry, LMCI. She's coming to visit us. (?) Not sure what this is about but she kept bringing up her involvement with Dale Sides thing. I have no idea what Dale Sides is into or about, I only know I had a bad experience with him "many" years ago. Does anyone know much about him or his ministry? I've been told this is another splinter group. If anyone knows anything, could you share it with me as I'm wondering what I'm in for with the visitation not having a real clue what Dale Sides believes, does or promotes, etc. After my encounter with him, a very bad one at that, I never thought of him again nor wanted to. Thanx for any info.

Welcome to the Cafe, Firefly_Bella!

While I personally can't help, I'm sure someone here will be able to give you some information. The search feature has always been very helpful for me when I've begun to look for specific items of interest. I suspect you've already performed some searches, but in case you haven't, it's a good place to start.

Take care,

~QT

Don't be to weary about LMCI, they are a para-church, there to augment your ministry. Check LMCI.org, this will get you to there website and perhaps give you the info you need. Any other Questions you can PM me. Enjoy your visit with your friend!! You can't really join his ministry, you can partner with LMCI. Otherwise he is just available to teach in areas, around the world, that would like to have him on matters that he has put a lot of time and research in.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Firefly, I just joined the GS cafe this weekend so I'm a real newbie. I saw your query about Dale Sides and thought I would respond since I've known Dale since 1974 when his WOW family "witnessed" to me in New Orleans. I didn't have much contact with him for quite a few years after that, except he came to Emporia to teach some class when I was in the 9th Corps. I think he probably got carried a way a bit like all of us did with the culture in the Way but I didn't know him well enough to say anything more about that time.

My husband and I left TWI in 1987 and spent a number of years after that trying to figure things out. We met with a few other ex-way people in a home fellowship but it was pretty dead. Then in approx. 1994 a friend invited Dale Sides to come out and teach a class he was giving on Exercising Spiritual Authority. I can honestly say it was a turning point in my life. I got called back to God and actually wanted to join in with the rest of the Church. After Dale's class we joined a real church and started teaching and ministering again, this time not as a little splinter group but joined with others in the body of Christ. I think that Dale is one of a very few ex-way people whose ministries have actually been accepted by top leaders in the body of Christ like C. Peter Wagner, Chuck Pierce and others. I'm not "in" his ministry. In fact as someone else said it's a parachurch ministry and you can't join it. Anyway I wouldn't be nervous about receiving your friend.

(BTW, I really liked your personal statement. I feel pretty much the same way about the years in TWI. And I love Eldredge's books so it must be cool for your hubby to fellowship with him.)

Thanks for sharing wrdsandwrks, I too experienced the same thing, the class he taught was an eye opener, at that time I did a 180 of a turn to Christ my first love and have been reaping the benefits of it for years. It changed my life. unlike anything taught thru twi. We also got involved with a local church and are doing great within the body of Christ. I am no longer separated from people (cult) but united in faith with others.

• 2 months later...

I agree with others whose lives were impacted for good by Dale Sides' ministry, Liberating Ministries for Christ International (LMCI).

I took the Exercising Spiritual Authority class back in 1995, and it helped me to get back on my feet after being dumped by twi. Association with the LMCI folk also helped me to identify my cult mind set and to reconnect with the body of the Church at large. LMCI supports getting established with a local church.