GreaseSpot Cafe

The Authority of a Woman

FreeAtLast

Kathy- I was in the middle of work, entering Adverse Events into a database and I was struggling jiggling 4 windows back and forth, so I apolgize for not editing my own post..

I agree with you about the men who spent years in the Way and how the path grew tiring and was set up to be defeated by Way definition...I felt deeply for those family's who had to see thier dad's and husbands driven to this type of persecution..what a load they carried...Im proud of them for thier efforts.

QT- your a great writer...

I still like the man of steel and velvet...

Edited by likeaneagle

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CALICO

She brings me bits of calico

To mend my tattered dreams

And reads to me

From weathered books now bursting at the seams

Of a magic land where nightbirds sing

In broken metered rhyme

And shadows dance on autumn nights

In syncopated time

She doesn't laugh but understands

When like a child I cry

She hides the pain I've brought to her

And smiles a carefree lie

For deep within, we two are one

Yet can not understand

We've not been born

We're centuries old

We're buried 'neath the land.--------------------------------Waysider

Wow you guys are busy. RG you know I think you are the bomb girl. I love you and if any woman has strength it's you. What you had to endure for Josh. You are a awesome lady.

I know what you mean about that knight in shining armour. Sometimes I wish someone would rescue me from this lonliness, but then I think of all the drama and uncertainty that is involved in relationships. I don't know maybe when life is less complicated I will be ready for my hero. lol

Kathy

What a generalization they make with regard to men and women. I am in the IT field and I study math and physics in college. I can reason mathematically just as well if not better than some of the guys in my class and in my workplace. Funny thing is I am not good at planning. I try and never can keep to a plan, when asked for an estimate for my work time I can never give an accurate estimate as I fail to foresee pitfalls that others plan into their estimates.

From what I am learning in my ed classes in my day and time it was just this kind of thinking that kept little girls from achieving in areas of math and science. We need to eliminate the "stereotypes" we place on gender and allow our kids to flourish in their strengths regardless of their sex. I believe that we are getting to this in the educational system. But as QT pointed out women are still being paid less than men when performing the same role.

Well we continue to make progress. Heck we can vote now! That wasn't always a reality. Before WW II it was rare that women were even in the work place. I had sent to me an old article from Good Housekeeping and there were rules that women were supposed to follow with respect to their husbands. l will have to find that article again and post it here. It was incredible that they believed women were so sub human. I will look for it after I pick up my daughter.

A good wife ended in know your place. :angry:

The remake of that with the noise of the dryer. :blink:

I have some 50's mags that have a couple things in them but I've already packed them away. Some of the advertisements were women looking like they were just given a diamond bracelet rather than a new toaster. :biglaugh:

It's amazing how times have changed but my parents were raised in that era. My ex still thinks that way and has told my oldest that she shouldn't go to college unless her future spouse allows it. Well I know that was a slur because I am attending the University which is something else he refused to let me do. But, she just laughs at that because of the way I have brought her up. Her whole focus in high school is only what classes she needs to have and what gpa she needs to achieve in order to attend UCLA. But her dad is still somewhat way brained and has the gender roles from the 50s stuck in his mind, and she realizes how ridiculous his suggestion was.

Last semester, when I was having a hard time, my father (who is 80) threatened to come up here and enroll himself at my college--if only to keep his foot planted in my rear so I'd finish up what was proving a struggle.

He wasn't kidding.

heh heh, funny how some attitudes really have changed, isn't it?

Yours smirkingly,

~QT

Interesting perspective on laides from two well known modern men.

I belong to Bridegrooms Anonymous. Whenever I feel like getting married, they send over a lady in a housecoat and hair curlers to burn my toast for me.

- Dick Martin

Father told me if I ever met a lady in a [very low-cut] dress like yours, I must look her straight in the eyes.

- Charles Windsor, Prince of Wales

Thank You all dear Ladies for your wonderful hearts and loving words to me...sorry I didn't get back right away to tell you this! When I thought what to write to you all...the Billy Joel song runs through my head from a sisterly point of view...."Don't go changin to try to please me...I Love You (((((((((((((((ALL))))))))))))))))) "Just The Way You Are"

The poetry and humor was a very nice touch to this post too! I am glad we have grown to the point that both men and women work harder at their relationships out of genuine love and not for modeling sake as they learned what role to play!

Love You All, RainbowsGirl