GreaseSpot Cafe

Introduction

walking

Hello all: My name is Joe. Around 1986 I met a member of the Way.They turned me on to their fellowship. I felt comfortable I was searching around this site and I see a member quite possibly might have attended the same twig group, fellowship. This was in Mystic, CT. with a John and Marge. I also attended maybe a few in Norwich, Ct. Yes I took the PAFL classes. Yes I spoke in tounges and still do. Yes I belive with out a doubt in my mind in God and Jesus Christ. The way I lived and the things that have happend. Things changed in my life and I drifted. Went to Ca. Yes there is a big time gap between then and now and I experinced a lot. I am back On the east coast in Ma.. I have not been to a fellowship since I left Ct. but was always looking for one. No I got that wrong I found one in torrance Ca.. No connection to the Way. Matter of fact the few I talked to never heard of it. I went a few times and then drifted. A few years ago I finally got a computer something I said I would not do. Yes I ate my words but they tasted pretty good. Poked around looking for info on the Way and maybe find a fellowship in my surrounding area. Seems Like the way fell apart. Well I was looking around again and here I am. Yes God And Jesus had something to do with it. I felt compelled. In my prayer's at night and my prayer is simple, I thank God for every thing He has done for me for all I have and and all I will, To Bless my family and everyone. All I ask of God, as I know he knows my needs and wants, Is for what ever help he is willing to give. I ask in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, Amen. My need and my want are the same at this time. Not all, but this particular one. To be among other believers. Yes I am far from perfect. Yes I ask for forgiveness every night. Not necessarily for my actions but more for my thoughts. I read well. I listen well. A little rough around the edges. I'm 52 now and like the sheep that wanders I need to return to the flock. If this is a little much for some feel free to email me. I am actually a pretty lively person. who lived a pretty wild sort of life. All are welcome to email me with questions. I could use some help in getting comfortable and becoming an active member of this site. Any topic will do. Well that's all for now as I am starting to remember things I have long fogotten.

God is good

Joe

Thank You FreeAtLast + coolchef. Glad I found this place. Nice grouping of topics from Spirtual to things in normal every day life. I thought it was pretty cool, a guitar spot. I was researching Speaking in tounges. That is how I found this site. Though I have met other believers along my path, none familiar with the Way, Speaking in tounges was a topic that few could speak on. Anyway I see alot of dead threads with topics I could speak on but I guess I will soon post a new one which deals with speaking in tounges. Situations where you just feel a strange feeling like something evil is present and you are left just thinking am I alright in the brain department. If it's alright to carry on a conversation right here I guess it would be part of me still introducing my self. It's been awhile since I spoken to anyone about God as in a real conversation though I do mention things as doors open for it and sometimes it is a short but not in depth conversation.

Welcome to the cafe, Joe...

It's lovely to meet you. I'm sure you're having quite an interesting time reading what's here, but, please know that you're welcome, as are we all.

Come on in and sit down, First coffee is on me...

shotleftist_2.JPG

I'm looking forward to learning more :)

~QT

Welcome to the cafe, Joe...

It's lovely to meet you. I'm sure you're having quite an interesting time reading what's here, but, please know that you're welcome, as are we all.

Come on in and sit down, First coffee is on me...

shotleftist_2.JPG

I'm looking forward to learning more :)

~QT

Thanks for the coffee. I think I'll sit right here for a bit and enjoy it. Hazelnut, my favorite blend. Thanks.

I think the group I was with could no longer get the PAFL tapes because of a tithing issue. I think the way no longer reconized them as part of the Way for that reason. I do not really remember. I am glad I had the opportunity to take the classes I took. I think it was two seperate classes at two different times or we crammed two back to back and another a few months later. Been a while so memory isn't that clear.

In my moves I lost all the books the papers and such. I think I'll get another cup, Would anyone else like me to get them one?

Welcome to the site, Joe. I'm sure you'll fit right in here, and there's many topics to choose from...

Would you like a danish to go with your coffee? There's much to "chew" on....! Enjoy....

Edited by Lori

Welcome to the Cafe Joe,

I think You'll like it here a lot!

H'mmm, Maybe somebody from the old twig in Mystic, CT. might stop by. Thanks for the Danish Lori. Maybe a fellowship in Ma. Ri. area, Close to Providence, Ri. Been years, don't mind the thunder and lightning. That twig was my only real connection with the Way.

Edited by walking

Hi Joe.

We met briefly,not long ago, in Guitar Talk.

I would like to hear more about this current guitar venture you are working on.

You mentioned you are a blues fan. Do you do much with bottleneck or open tunings?

Hopefully we will meet again in Guitar Talk.

Waysider--------- :wave:

Hi Joe.

We met briefly,not long ago, in Guitar Talk.

I would like to hear more about this current guitar venture you are working on.

You mentioned you are a blues fan. Do you do much with bottleneck or open tunings?

Hopefully we will meet again in Guitar Talk.

Waysider--------- :wave:

Hi Waysider. I will get back on this topic in guitar talk. I will say this. I pattern Pick well, that is what kept me going. I could learn a new chord progression, fingerpick to make it sound like something. Yes I have messed with bottleneck and open tunings. what little I did sounded pretty good though it was simple but I added some Harmonics from the strings made it sound like i knew what I was doing. I was in Hawaii for a year so I got turned on to Hawaiian slack key, I like that sound along with the old bottleneck blues. I would like to get good enough to get a dobro. one of my goals is to learn how to play guitar, I mean really play it so I can sit in on jams of any style but Blues jams will be where I will have the most fun as I write make up a lot of lyrics. I put a couple links in for a project I worked on, I wrote the lyrics to Freddies Song and Wander'ers Shoes co-wrote Neutral Zone. Freddie's Song I originally wrote as a twelve bar blues, which I also sang at a blues jam but my friend Trevor changed it to suit his style as he was producing Jason Graves. Project fell apart soon after but I got this part of a dream. I hope this is alright here. It is part of my story though any more I will answear over at guitar talk. No money was made off this project but along time ago I told some friends My dream was to be able to walk into a bar put my money in a jukebox and play an artist singing the words I wrote( good thing I was liked and the owners where I hung out put it on their jukebox) I did not need to make money. God allowed me to do something I said I was going to do. A daydream reality. though the people I had told were no longer in my life. I still have to work to make a living.

http://www.audiolunchbox.com/album?a=28294

http://www.emusic.com/album/10818/10818427.html

• 2 months later...

Wow! I must be in the right place. Things went haywire for awhile in life,right down to the computer. computer is still an issue. Heading to a small claims issue. Guess I'll have a coffee. When I first started speaking in tongues, yes it sounded like gibbersh. I was believing it wasn't. Kept speaking every night at the least after talking to God. Time went by and I noticed the different voicings. I noticed how some of the sounds (maybe syllables) seemed clusterd. I moved around a lot and met people from a lot of different cultures and heard many different languages and noticed the same clustering sound. So in understanding that fact I did not know what they were talking about but were having a good coversation. Well when I speak in tounges I don't know what I'm saying but it's now sounding like conversation or that I am saying something that I don't understand. Plus the different voicings. Sort of like, some times the voicing would sound asian, maybe arabic, maybe like aztec I don't know how to describe all the voicings I hear, just they are not alway the same. Some times the last few lines sound like the end of a prayer. Some times I think I hear an interpertaion in far less words that were spoke. not all the time. Why I wrote this is as I was going through this haywire situation and talking to God, after I thought I was done, in my mind I heard, This too shall pass, I wondered if it was my imagination. Then I heard, Some shall only see, how blind they are, to the light that leads the way. I felt compeled to share this. Now I could just be crazy in the head, I'm alright with that. It seems to be working well with me. Any input is welcome. Oh the go see a shrink line. Why pay some one to tell me something I already know. Till we meet again, Joe

Hi Waysider. I will get back on this topic in guitar talk. I will say this. I pattern Pick well, that is what kept me going. I could learn a new chord progression, fingerpick to make it sound like something. Yes I have messed with bottleneck and open tunings. what little I did sounded pretty good though it was simple but I added some Harmonics from the strings made it sound like i knew what I was doing. I was in Hawaii for a year so I got turned on to Hawaiian slack key, I like that sound along with the old bottleneck blues. I would like to get good enough to get a dobro. one of my goals is to learn how to play guitar, I mean really play it so I can sit in on jams of any style but Blues jams will be where I will have the most fun as I write make up a lot of lyrics. I put a couple links in for a project I worked on, I wrote the lyrics to Freddies Song and Wander'ers Shoes co-wrote Neutral Zone. Freddie's Song I originally wrote as a twelve bar blues, which I also sang at a blues jam but my friend Trevor changed it to suit his style as he was producing Jason Graves. Project fell apart soon after but I got this part of a dream. I hope this is alright here. It is part of my story though any more I will answear over at guitar talk. No money was made off this project but along time ago I told some friends My dream was to be able to walk into a bar put my money in a jukebox and play an artist singing the words I wrote( good thing I was liked and the owners where I hung out put it on their jukebox) I did not need to make money. God allowed me to do something I said I was going to do. A daydream reality. though the people I had told were no longer in my life. I still have to work to make a living.

http://www.audiolunchbox.com/album?a=28294

http://www.emusic.com/album/10818/10818427.html

Joe, of course you have to pay the bills and work a job that brings in the lettuce, but NEVER give up on that vision. It's never too late to realize your dreams. Go for it! When you find the right mix you will know.

Joe welcome to the Spot! It's a nice place to relax. Enjoy yourself if you ever need anything I will be happy to help.

Love ya bro!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Howdy Joe,

I enjoyed reading this thread.

I still SIT too.

As for it being "faked", I emagine that if you think you are faking it you are.

I find that speaking in togues puts me in a place of spiritual thanksgiving fast.

Patrick

Hi Patrick. Been awhile. I like the coffee here so I will be here off and on. My story is about as complicated as anyone else's. what little time I spent with Twig members I did learn things that have enhanced my life. SIT still a toucy subject for some. My opinion. At first it is something a person does'nt understand so the thoughts go back and forth from thinking you are SIT to the doubts. Some eventually put it aside with doubt. some still carry on with some doubt but because of their belief in the readings of the bible they still SIT. Some of that group eventually put it aside. Some will carry on until they realize all the different voicings actually sound like a language they don't understand,something like that, till their is no doubt in their mind, Truly believe with no doubt, and then the manifestaion of tounges has been achieved. Though some will achieve this state sooner than others by just believing. I hope this makes some sort of sense with out offending anyone, that is not my intention, This is just the short version so my use of words might not be all that great. it is a more complicted topic than that. On a lighter note I got to go over to the guitar topic site. Something I was looking for was made available to me.

Welcome Joe,

Ready for another cup of hazelnut coffee?

HazelnutMochaPic.jpg

How about a nice muffin to go along with it? Blueberry is one of my favorites.

blueberrymuffin.jpg

Come visit with us anytime. You're always welcome!

Suda

• 5 months later...

Well Now. I guess it was good that I came into a Twig at the time they were breaking away and not comforming to all the rules. I think the next PFAL class would have had something to do with interpetation of tounges. They could not get access to any more material for that fact so that is as far as I got with the Classes, well almost that far. I did like the knowledge I gained. I did step into a thread that took a strange turn. So if my sense of good and evil might not be hightend. I might just understand a sense that I already had, or just a delusion in my mind. At least God knows I believe. And so after I have my talk with God at night and I thank him in the name of Jesus Christ and the voices that I speak in are gibberish, well God knows I believe. And the way I live(not very well, and all I've been through,Job Did well, I'm still here. I still believe. I can't show you or anyone the things God and Jesus have done for me. It looks like nothing to others eyes. Yet I still believe. I can't show anyone the things God has done for me. I can't prove God's done for me, things I don't understand, I just believe it's part of his plan. Sure I sometimes spread God's word but who am I, just look at me, the words I speak ,will you believe. So it be. I walk not alone, with God and Jesus leading me home. So I pray before the final light. People I met along the way come to belive that night. A litttle more about me. I just belive things I don't understand. Faith is hoping you might believe, believing is no doubt in your mind without understanding. God And Jesus are a personal relationship that I can't prove to any one that I have. Maybe a believer might believe me.

Welcome Joe! I like that name. I am going to break my own rule that is my frist name too! Welcome to the greasespot cafe. Tell us Joe how do feel about the TWI? What compelled you to join this site do you have more stories to tell us?

nyunknown. I never fully got invovled with the Way anymore than the PFAL classes. I knew I could not go by all it's guide lines, sort of like being a member of a church. I don't remember a lot about it or my frame of mind at the time. Meeting members of the Way and attending Twig was the best thing to happen and I believe that was the group I was led to not knowing. I believed in God. As a kid I used to think an Angel was with me but a lot of kids did. I just felt at times a wierd presence at times. God and Jesus were just people we read about in Sunday school(caticism? don't remember how to spell that word). I think it was in 76, I was 21, things were going good but I wasn't happy at all but everything was pretty much good but I felt lonely,even though I knew a lot of people who could talk to me, I had no one to talk too, I was too heavy they would say. one night I was talking to God and begged for a sign, let me know something. I got my sign that erased any doubt in my mind about the existence of God. What a rush that was, then was it just my imagination. I used to always write words poems, songs in my head. I might have mentioned this before, but it will also fit here again. Talking to God I felt angry, sad, tearful, I wasn't liking life too much. I wasn't a suicide type. just felt death would not be a bad thing. Death wish type. So after a period of time staring at the ceiling waiting for a sign( probably less than a second these words came to me in a poem.

God said I could go to heaven

If I could find the Door

He sent me on this journey

And told me nothing more.

J.P.L.

Well that did it, Thank you God.

At that time I did not understand the door part. I had never really read the bible. I knew the door had something to do with Jesus. As it was taught he is the Son of God. So I made a promise I would try and understand the Jesus part. I belived in God, just had to learn about Jesus. So I went on with life. Met the bar room preachers. The come to our meeting. all kinds of are you a believer types through the years. Some I did attend. I used to hitchhike a lot to get from place to place so I had many chances met many people who spoke of Jesus so my need to know increased. Then I met a member of the way. Maybe God figured I needed a female companion to lead me. He was right. She spoke of the way and what she had been through in life. The fellowship she attentended. I was curious. Always invited me but was more encouraging than pushy. we saw each other a lot and I liked the things I was hearing so I got a chance to meet a few more of her friends from Twig, outside of a fellowship, I think helping someone move I don't remember. But there I was with other people talking about God and Jesus thinking nothing of it just a normal conversation with other people who thought like I did. I started attending Twig. I felt comfortable this is were I'm supposed to be. Why? I did not know at the time. I was told about the PFAL class they were putting together as others started attending, some just before, some after. I took the classes read the books. I liked what I had learned. Oh, now the door part of the poem came to light and I had found it. As time went by I stayed connected with Twig and the people I met as it grew places changed people came and went but the friends I had made kept it going though at that time the Way cut them off. I moved to Ca from CT, time went by. met some belivers we could talk went to a few fellow ships none had ever heard of the Way. So i had to be careful it seemed of what I could say. Belonging was not for me in these groups though I did like attending. Ten years went by I'm in Ma. now for a few years. Then I got a computer. started looking for info on the Way appeared to have fallen apart. I was able to contact someone who was a member and they told me about things that had happened. that was it. A period of time went by I needed to find people who at least knew of the way and had taken PFAL classes. I found this site. This is where I am supposed to be at this time. I don't know why. I just believe. Maybe death draws near and this is the diary of an unsound mind. Maybe the things I write others need to read. I was never a actual member of the Way I just attentended Fellowships put together by members of the Way who through the PFAL classes gave me a better understanding of the bible that I could not get anywhere else. Not saying this was the path for others just part of my path. As I was told " The bible say's what it means and means what it say's" with out interpetation. That's the part I needed to understand. yes I felt compelled to write this. Think of me as you will as I have yet to understand some of why's of the things I do. I know I am not alone in these thoughts so I am not afraid to share.

Welcome, Joe. I enjoyed reading a little about your journey. We're close to the same age. I spent a long, long time involved with the Way before it (as you said) "fell apart."

What you've written I'm sure hits a chord with many believers, as it does with me. Something that never "falls apart" but is always ongoing is God's love, and His love that is shared among believers. It "never faileth." I pray that your time here as the CSC is a blessing to you as you continue on that journey.

With love and blessing,

Dan