GreaseSpot Cafe

Somebody prayed for us

Patrick and Sarah

Howdy folks,

A while back when I started posting under this nick, I got a lot of feed back from a lot of people.........Thanks.

Here is my report.

I got a daytime Job, making about the same mony, and we have gotten involved in a Church.

The experiences we have had in this church in Albuquerque have be outstanding.

Here is a link to the church.

http://cslabq.org/index.htm

The church changed it's name recently so they did not have to constantly explain "who they where not"

The changed their name from "First Church of Religious Science of Albuquerque" because they where often confused with "Christian Scientists" and "Scientology". Religious Science also known as "Science of Mind" is founded on the teachings of Ernest Shurtleff Holmes.

Here is a link to one of Ernest Shurtleff Holmes books.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/som/index.htm

I've been reading through the book and attending church functions. They are real people who truly want to walk in the Spirit and live Love.

Sarah and I have been recieving great healing, comfort, fellowship, life and peace here...........thanks for the prayers that went out for us.

Patrick

Patrick and Sara

Thank you for the update. I am happy your search is proving to be fruitful for you.

I honestly did not read your link in its entirety but one thing I read does concern me a bit.

There seems to be a lot of emphasis on being able to think things into manifestation both for yourself as well as for others.

To my critical mind, this sounds supiciously like Wierwilles' "Law" of believing. I could be wrong. As I said, I have not yet read the whole attachment.

At any rate, it is good to hear from you and I wish you both the best.

Waysider

Patrick and Sarah,

Sounds like another cult to me but hey.. if you're happy... I'm happy.

sudo

Hi sudo.........

Sarah and I met in a cult (TWI)..........actually it was not TWI it was after the split in a group that stayed together at that time and kept on "believing".

Something was right at that time in that cult...............It was the love and believers.........I know that everone's experience is different, ours was good at the time, we where walking with God and eachother.

We lost that. We went through many years looing for folks who walk with God and eachother in a godly manner and had some really dry hard times as God helped us get rid of our falsehoods.............I trust God will continue to help us get rid of our falsehoods..........Why? Because He love us. The first Premise of Christianity is that God loves you........

To us....yes it looks similar to a cult we have been involved in.

Thans,

Patrick

Patrick and Sara

Thank you for the update. I am happy your search is proving to be fruitful for you.

I honestly did not read your link in its entirety but one thing I read does concern me a bit.

There seems to be a lot of emphasis on being able to think things into manifestation both for yourself as well as for others.

To my critical mind, this sounds supiciously like Wierwilles' "Law" of believing. I could be wrong. As I said, I have not yet read the whole attachment.

At any rate, it is good to hear from you and I wish you both the best.

Waysider

Hey Waysider........actually Wierwille did not come up with "law" of believing..........It predates him by many centuries.......the is a book out maybe you have heard of called "The Secret". If you want to see where Wierwille got his law from I'd suggest it. Oprah recomends it.

I am currently reading "Science of Mind" by Holmes.....I bought the book....... It is not that we have to put effort into "thinking things into manifestation"...there is no effort involved.....it is called the law of attraction.....what we think about comes into our lives, good or bad, like it or not.......that is why we have to pay attention to what we let into our minds............the renewed mind. The renewed mind is one of those good things that of you got hurt by TWI........Don't give up on the renewed mind...............Course you know that.

Patrick

• 3 years later...