GreaseSpot Cafe

You figure it out!

Bumpy

Censorship would have been deleting the post. I moved it to where I thought it was more appropriate. Management reserves the right to move threads to a more appropriate forum. More people have access to and visit this forum than the political forum. Censoring something by making it more accessible to more people would be, well, just plain silly.

Censorship would have been deleting the post. I moved it to where I thought it was more appropriate. Management reserves the right to move threads to a more appropriate forum. More people have access to and visit this forum than the political forum. Censoring something by making it more accessible to more people would be, well, just plain silly.

Silly or not, I intended my little posting to remain where it was originally posted. But I guess I need to learn who the "wizards" are behind the curtain of GS! Sound familiar? They play the same games all over "journalism" in Africa! Look at Zimbabwe if you need to. Bump

PS, I am not looking for "readership", just to contribute in my own little way! Bump

The video is sarcasm and intended to be humorous. It is in the correct forum now.

Unfortunately, some people are too stupid to see the sarcasm and take it seriously. If you're in the latter category and were looking for a political discussion on it, this "wizard" would be more than happy to hit the delete key.

What were you intending to "contribute in your own little way"?

The video is sarcasm and intended to be humorous. It is in the correct forum now.

Unfortunately, some people are too stupid to see the sarcasm and take it seriously. If you're in the latter category and were looking for a political discussion on it, this "wizard" would be more than happy to hit the delete key.

What were you intending to "contribute in your own little way"?

Dear Friends,

I posted my little “funny” video for two reasons. The first to see if the moderators (wizards because all of a sudden, there they are!!) have a sense of humor?

Secondly, I wanted to create a thread with the subject heading, “Being Politically Correct in Amerika”. The reasons are varied, but if I told you that coverage of the Palestinian conflict was reported very differently in Europe than in the United States, would you understand that? I think in general the concept of “raising eyebrows” at a social occasion determines what you are “entitled” to say. Is America’s media biased and if so why? Are the politicians no more than “tools” of lobbyists and big business?? Look at Congress. Is their voting on the Iraq war and troop withdrawal nothing more than a stage for the next presidential election?

I think, if you step out of line either at the “cocktail party” or in a political forum, there’s a price to pay? So I guess, that was the reason I didn’t want my little funny to be put into just the funny column. But, I suppose it’s fine there, as long as people don’t become too serious. You never know do you, pawtucket?

By the way, have any of you ever had an African stomach bug? Two days now running for buckets of water! Humor is always welcome! Bump

I happen to have a wonderful sense of humor, and do not have to prove it to you.

Second, if you want to start a discussion about media bias in coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I'm sure plenty of people would love to discuss that in the political forum. Posting, for serious discussion, and incendiary diatribe that inflames prejudices and stereotypes is not the way to do it.

I have a low tolerance for racism and anti-Semitism. As a joke, the you tube clip you posted is amusing. As something to spark serious discussion, it's not.

...if I told you that coverage of the Palestinian conflict was reported very differently in Europe than in the United States, would you understand that?

I, for one, do not appreciate the insult you just leveled at the posters on our political forum. You owe them all an apology for your ignorance.

I happen to have a wonderful sense of humor, and do not have to prove it to you.

Second, if you want to start a discussion about media bias in coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, I'm sure plenty of people would love to discuss that in the political forum. Posting, for serious discussion, and incendiary diatribe that inflames prejudices and stereotypes is not the way to do it.

I have a low tolerance for racism and anti-Semitism. As a joke, the you tube clip you posted is amusing. As something to spark serious discussion, it's not.

I, for one, do not appreciate the insult you just leveled at the posters on our political forum. You owe them all an apology for your ignorance.

To the Sheriff with the “wonderful sense of humor”...You may be the only one who knows it! Did you just fall out of the Way tree and bang your head on the way down??

Your reply gives me the feeling of an ill tempered individual who needs to find a new job. Maybe at the local Zoo! ( I didn’t know Americans watched European news broadcasts, surprise, surprise!!)

Hey Bumpy,

Not sure I can even begin to guess at what your point was with the video, or how it was supposed to be used as the basis for an intelligent discussion. However, as one of the Ashkenazi "Jews in Amerika", I'm willing to give it a shot. I suspect, however, this is not the forum for it. If you would like to start a thread in politics or take it to private message, I'm game.

Hi Abigail!

Nice to meet you! I once had a cousin named Abigail, but sadly she died. Obviously this should be moved out of the just plain silly department and into the politically serious department one. I tried to start there with my original posting as I think you saw? But then the “thought police” arrived by horse and moved me to the present location. I never wanted to be here.

To answer your question...The POINT of the video was an attempt at humor, ok? Some I’m sure laughed some didn’t. Not all jokes are created equal, right! I didn’t make the video and it wasn’t an attempt to burn anyone’s fingers. As I explained later, the video was to be threaded to that dire subject of “Being Politically Correct in Amerika”! Obviously I’m learning that lesson by just having this discussion with you!

Anyway Abigail, let’s not start off on the wrong foot with each other. Especially as my wife is a “nice” Jewish girl from mid-town Manhattan! We can go into the political ring and start round one...at the sound of the bell! Actually over here it would be at the sound of the Allah microphone! I’ll even give you the honor of creating the thread and hope many others add some interesting thoughts to it. Bump

Bumpy,

Got a question for ya.

The video, was it a slam against Jews? Or is it a satire about those who are against Jews?

Maybe I'm a little dense here (altho' I did find it rather funny at various parts), so maybe you could clear it up a bit for me.

Thanks. :)

Bumpy,

Got a question for ya.

The video, was it a slam against Jews? Or is it a satire about those who are against Jews?

Maybe I'm a little dense here (altho' I did find it rather funny at various parts), so maybe you could clear it up a bit for me.

Thanks. :)

Hi Garth, I really didn't analyse it, I just thought it was humerous. If it made you laugh great. If it didn't, I don't know what to say? But I think the issue of "being politically incorrect" has certainly found a home from one little video?

Bumpy,

Your last post to me descended into a personal attack. Please check the forum rules before posting in the future.

Another post like that will be promptly deleted without warning.

Dear Sheriff,

Please read again the tone of your posting to me. You accuse me of basically of inciting..."incendiary"... remarks?? Excuse me, but if you're going to play "the boss" here, at least be polite! It wasn't even close to a personal attack when I come to think of it. But if your feeling are hurt, I guess you can "delete" me.

Were you by chance a prduct of the Way Corps? Just asking??

No, I did not accuse you of inciting incendiary remarks.

I accurately stated that you posted an incendiary link to spark a serious discussion, a link that's just fine for its humorous content, but not appropriate for a serious discussion. That matter is settled. As stated before, get over it.

Whether I was a product of the Way Corps or not is none of your business. I am not going to be polite with you any longer. You've accused me of censorship and made personal judgments about me, and now you're on this "were you Way Corps" trip that has nothing to do with your rudeness. Knock it off. Now.

By the way, I started your "being politically correct in amerika" thread back in politics so you can have your discussion on the issue of bias in coverage of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Anyone interested in that serious discussion can go there.

Dangit!

I gotta get a computer that let's me look at some of this stuff.

The "You figure it out!" part, though, reminds me of an interview I once saw with Jose Feliciano.

When he told the interviewer he subscribed to the Braille version of Playboy, the interviewer, rather than make an issue of Felicianos' blindness, simply asked him what part he enjoyed the most.

Without missing a beat, Feliciano grinned widely and replied"Vargas Girls!"

Well, this IS "Just Plain Silly", after all!------You figure it out.