GreaseSpot Cafe

my son's graduation gift and project

cman

ULT33115 :: Ultra Blue MicroFly Aluminum Micro ATX Tower Case with Front USB, FireWire and Audio Ports and Ultra V-Series 400-Watt Power Supply

MBM-MSA2-4600 :: Mach Speed Venom MSA2-6100V NVIDIA Socket AM2 MicroATX Motherboard and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.40GHz OEM Processor (2.45 lbs)

ULT40030 :: Ultra / X-Wind / Socket AM2/754/939/940 / Aluminum / CPU Cooling Fan

ULT31696 :: Ultra Dual Channel 2048MB PC4200 DDR2 533MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB)

E145-7840 :: EVGA GeForce 7300 GS / 256MB GDDR2 / PCI Express / DVI / VGA / TV Out /

L12-1132 :: Lite-On LH-20A1S SuperAllwrite / 20x DVD±R Burn / 16x DVD±R Read / 8x DVD+RW / 6x DVD-RW / 8x DVD±R DL / 12x DVD-RAM / 48x32x CD-R/RW / SATA / DVD Burner

E261-1038 :: HP USB Multimedia Keyboard with 2 Port HUB and Mouse (OEM)

and there is a tray that slides out for installing and working on the motherboard

He has an ide 250 hard drive already

so he's going to hookup the hard drive to the ide-which there is only one hookup

and hook the dvd to the sata

here's what it looks like

and he has a 19 inch lcd

he wanted it small to take to lan parties

post-2446-1175350362_thumb.jpg

post-2446-1175350548_thumb.jpg

That's nice. I'm sure he had fun and learned a lot. Tell him the power supply is a bit smallish and to watch out for that. Otherwise it looks like a pretty nice gaming system. If he really gets into gaming he might want to bump up that graphics card one day. It looks quiet too. Is he using Vista? We all will be soon.

I am toying with Vista Ultimate on a Dell XPS 1710 laptop at the moment. Take a look at it here. Amazing what they are packing into a laptop now.

Dell XPS 1710

And here is a system I still use daily even though it is getting a little outdated. It is still fun.

Home Made PC

Here is the case for my next project when I get time. It will be for our Home Theater and will have Vista Ultimate on it. Check out the pictures.

Zalman HTPC case

Edited by igotout

Yeah he wanted to upgrade the power supply before we even ordered it.

The graphics card is just right for this setup, cuz if it was bigger the fan on the card would block one of the two pci slots, matbe there is a better one without a monster fan on it. this one has a little fan...lol.

He's running windows xp pro. A service of microsoft is to help kids in school so he has a free copy of winxp pro.

I just added a 7600gt to my desktop pent D which has a fan that would be too big for his computer.

So far the computer he built can handle any game he has, and he has some graphics intense games.

Edited by cman