GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

In the guitar thread there has been a continual gravitation towards music in general. So I was thinking there may be a few here who are interested in music and have not so much interest in guitars in general who are missing out on some of the great discussions we are having on music. So I am propsing this thread in order to get to some of you who are interested in music in general.Please feel free to post some ideas on your favorite tunes or artists.I'm goint to start with an artist who I have seen live and would recommend to anyone who enjoys live music.Her group has several albums and most of you would enjoy the Godly content.Her name is Allison Krausse and her band is Union Station.Here is a sample.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAAhhhh "Bear",

That was very mellow! I really like Allison Krause!

It seems like a great idea to have both threads....music has such a soothing, relaxing, and calming effect, when we get a little uptight. It bring perspective to many life situations. It has it's own voice for sure. It runs the spectrum of all human emotion.....It's nice to kick back and drowned in it...when you need too or want too!

I like the idea that people will be able to introduce the music they like....there is so much to share...and so much I have not heard!

Great thread, polar bear. Lots of music lovers at The Spot!!!

In a couple of weekends, we will have our annual Tri-Fest, with free music in a shaded park setting. T. Graham Brown will be here along with lots of other locals.

Father's Day weekend is our annual Blues Fest, free also and the park is shaded and is right beside the Ohio River. Lots of food vendors, etc and big name entertainers. Then in August we have a free Bluegrass weekend. Hubby and I go to each of them.

Also about 26 miles away is the ROMP (River of Music Party) where there will be lots of big names in Bluegrass. My nephew is in charge of booking the acts. It is lots of fun but is not free. You can look at Owensboro Bluegrass Museum website to see the acts.

I like Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, Allison as already mentioned, Josh Turner (Long Black Train), REO Speedwagon, lots of the 70's acts such as Marshall Tucker Band,

Elvis, Jason D. Williams who could be Jerry Lee Lewis' son and too many to mention here.

I don't know how to add music here, but I lots of music saved on the hard drive.

Carry on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Kathy!!!

Thanks for that song and video. Of course, you know we owned a car wash in AR!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, what a cool song and good memories.

Running behind for work but had to listen!!!!!!!!!

Glad that my brother told me I can come and go as I please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care.

I always like to read about how men of god went up on the roof to pray and talk to God! Long before I ever came in contact with TWI or the bible. I used to love to sit on the roof and just talk to God. Before I could get to the roof I would just hide in the closet with all my stuffed animals and talk to God. I come from a large family of 10; there was always fighting, commotion, and no place to be alone. I would always ask God why all the turmoil and chaos; I didn't want to be part of it and to this day I really don't on some levels understand it...so when I heard James Taylor sing: "Up On The Roof" I could just play it over and over and just go there in my mind..."when the world gets just too hard to bear" I will always love sitting on the roof! I've alway been realistically Idealist....an that where we hang out..LOL

Edited by RainbowsGirl

Dear RG-

Thanks for sharing that great tune. That's one JT song I never paid attention to much until now. The only reason I ever went up to a roof was to jump off-LOL. We used to do that as kids.

Now I see this song in a whole new light. Guess I'll have to learn that one now.

Come on Kathy, "Bear", acts2, and waysider, let's hangout up on the roof!

ohmygosh! Allison Krausse, MTB, and JT! What fun! Brings back memories, esp. of JT. We have a DVD of AK that we love and play often.

I'm still trying to talk hubs into going to your Bluegrass Festival, Act2. It sounds great.

Come on along Waterbuffalo...Lots of room on the roof and a very day to go there!

RG, thanks for your help. See if this works!!! My niece's hubby is the mandolin player, fiddle player. He is now in charge of the International Bluegrass Museum in Owensboro.Thank you so much, RG, for taking the time to explain how to to this step by step!!!!!!!!!

:eusa_clap:

Awesome, you brought us your family in song. Gosh, I should have offered to help you, I'm :redface: but thankful you got wonderful help.

And RG, that is one of my favorite songs of JT's....Up on the Roof....I can smell the air and hear the street sounds when I listen to it.

I'm sorry I missed this thread until now.

OMG, I love this new toy!!!! I was at this concert, the entertainer and his wife and family are good friends of ours!!!!! This was in Tunica MS. Hey Chatty, one of the hometown boys from near Memphis!!!!Waterbuffalo, talk your hubby into coming down. Just let me know and I can hook you up with reservation info etc.www.myspace.com/trampula will tell you all about O'boro Bluegrass Museum and the ROMP!!!!!!

Yeah, he will be surprised!!!! He has gone to bed and that is where I am heading.

When is moving day???

Can you swing by here on your way down south??

Goodnite and sleep tight!!!!!!!!!

I'm crashing myself.

We head out the last weekend of this month. And let me talk to him and see our travel direction. Because we don't want to do it all in a day, we are taking a couple of days so it won't be too hard on us. We changed plans though. Now we are having his van hauled on one of those grasshopper thingees and the car on a car hauler behind the moving truck we will both be inside of and he will be doing all the driving.

Sweet dreams dear.

Dear RG-

Thanks for sharing that great tune. That's one JT song I never paid attention to much until now. The only reason I ever went up to a roof was to jump off-LOL. We used to do that as kids.

Now I see this song in a whole new light. Guess I'll have to learn that one now.

You'd like the roof sittin' far better than jumpin' now! It is one of my favorites!

Hey act2,

I am so happy you like you're new toy...I knew you'd love it! Now we can hear all the great music you know too! Keep it coming! :eusa_clap::eusa_clap::eusa_clap:!

Hey "Bear"

Both were Very Good Bohemian Rhapsody's versions Thank You....Looks hard to play! Make Your own video and put it on You Tube...then we can hear you too!

Hey Kathy,

That was a great gift you gave act2 that video! Have a Great Day! I wish you were driving by us too; and I hope you can stop by act2's; tell your husband we all are voting for that! Have a safe move and a really fun adventure! Hey Kathy, You taught me the You Tube..I was just "paying it forward"!

Hey Waterbuffalo,

acts2 has the direction for how to do the You Tube if you don't know how yet! It's really fun! We are all waiting to hear your favories too!

Good Morning and Love to All!