GreaseSpot Cafe

For Music Lovers

polar bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's some really sweeeet! stuff there, socks.

Steve just keeps getting better and better.

BTW-- For for who have never heard of Curtis Salgado, he is an amazing harp player/vocalist who has been around for years and years. Last year he was gravely ill and required a liver transplant. Happy to report that the last I heard he has recovered quite nicely and has resumed the life of a road warrior.

Oh,yeah--Forgot to mention---When John Belushi was in production with Animal House, he caught Curtis' act and it inspired him to make another movie called>>>> The Blues Brothers.

Edited by waysider

Thanks Polar Bear and A la Prochaine for the Yael Namin clips! Ever since I heard her tune on the Apple commercial [i think? I was so engrossed by her sound that I didn't pay attention to what they were selling :biglaugh: ] I've been meaning to get some of her music.

Waysider - thanks for the Cold Blood clip. Tonto has a CD of theirs - great sound! It reminds me of Ten Wheel Drive with Genya Ravan.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow!!

Thanks, a la P.

It takes a certain kind of deliberate stylistic restraint to pull that song off successfully.(IMO)

She did that and then some. And, the pure tone quality of her voice is wonderful.

I hope she continues on with her musical pursuits. The music world is desperately lacking that special something that comes out in her voice.

thanks Waysider....

I will certainly pass this on to her...

I would love to tell her that some famous musician wrote this about her song...but I don't know anything about you?

could i get a short CV on you? (curriculum vitae)

Any CV on me would, of necessity, HAVE to be short!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Started playing and singing in bar bands when I was about 14.

(The drummer's Dad was our manager and always accompanied us to gigs)

He had "connections" and got us into the musicians union.

Continued playing in bands in high school and also started to study theatre.

After high school I played in bands until I got a chance to apprentice with a very well known repertory theatre company.

(You'd be amazed how hard up those places are to find eager floor sweepers!!)

Did a brief stint in a road company after that until I realized it doesn't pay the rent.

Got a day job and played in more local bands at night.

One night, when I was in my early 20's, as I was sitting in a park, playing guitar and singing for anyone who cared to stop and listen, I was approached by a twig out on a witnessing night.

The rest is kind of a blur.

Now my musical endeavors consist of sitting in at local jams when I can.

(Which isn't near as often as I would like.)

And I'm also messing around with an invention, of sorts, that can help music students learn the rudiments of the tonal aspects of music theory.(It's not nearly as impressive as it might sound.)

*Sigh*------------ At least I was always famous in my Mother's eyes. :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

These instructions to post a video do not work any more. Current Instructions???

http://www.youtube.com

To Enbed The You Tube

Click on the link above for the You Tube website

1.) Select catagory at top of the page, then select music on the left hand side of the page

2.) Then on the bottom of the page, use the Search box to find the artist and or song of your choice

3.) Click on you choice it will bring the You Tube up with your selection

4.) On the right hank side you will find information about you selection and in that information box are the options of URL and Embed

5.) Highlight Embed right click and select Copy

6.) In your reply box for GSC right click on a clean space and select Paste

7.) Then after you link info appears go down to the bottom of your GSC reply box and click on Post Option then select the HTML On-Raw Linebreak Mode

8.) When you have included all script you want in your reply box Just click, Add Reply

9.) HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by RainbowsGirl: 12 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

Trips and falls

I think that there's not much too it these days with I-pods, I-pads, and the other media stuff that's out.

To post a you tube video, once you've selected one,

1. double click the brower until its highlighted and then,

2. click on copy using the right side clicker of your mouse.

3. Then, open the reply button on which ever forum you are on, and once it opens

4. just click on it using the left side clicker to allow the cursor to appear and then,

5. click paste again with the right clicker on your mouse. The embedded code should appear in the post.

Another way, perhaps cleaner, is to use the insert link button on the post page (kinda look like a key chain), go to you tube and

1. select share, then a link will appear already highlighted and

2. you follow steps 2 and 3, thus, copy and paste

3. using the insert link, click on it and a box will appear with URL ie: http:

and paste over the video embedding code into it.

4. below there is Link Text where you can personalize it if you like with the subject matter, type in something and

5. click insert and a single line text appears as you link. Simple huh.

I used this latter method which should appear above this post for an example of what it looks like.

Edited by Human without the bean