GreaseSpot Cafe

A Victim's Way of Thinking

Cowgirl

i was never a vicim,so,you will never hear me respond to them

i believe them

i can not know what goes on in thier minds

i can only hope and pray that they heal

and to anyone who was the abuser... sexual or not....

you suck and no you will not be forgiven but me

not that,that matteres

but burn in hell pervert!

What I am trying to understand is why people post their experience about how they were abused, not just once or twice but over and over, doesn't that kinda take you back to where you are reliving it again and again.

I went back to the first post on this thread because it may be a reason, when someone testifies to their experience, that they want to stimulate conversation, or "talking about it" by others, that may benefit many others. Yes, talking about it by the rest of us can be of great benefit...and in fact it is people telling about the horrible things they went through that helps the rest of us realize it's not something that could happen, but something that does actually happen to people.

Limiting talk to victims testimony only would not do them or anyone much good. Neither would the talk without anyone at all stepping up and saying, "hey, it happened to me".

WW

Yeah, the title a victims way of thinking may need to be expanded :rolleyes:

To whistle blowers about being raped

Or Suvivors of rape why do they talk about it?

'Cause the Victim is put together in stages.

The victim, the victim lost in silence, the voice of the victim, the survivor and the warrior... in a quick off the cuff answer to you

Edited by Dot Matrix

obviously...speaking up has contexts...such as the difference between speaking up in TWI vs. speaking up against a gang member in your neighborhood....the method must be weighed, but nonetheless, its what that "mentality" is that cowgirl was asking about ----I think..

If it happened to you, couldn't speaking up in TWI...as essential as it might be...be even harder than your other example? As I am not a victim, that is not a rhetorical question but an honest one.

Thats why its still context based. What if the woman in TWI is single...or if she is married...when you "blow whistles" most people won't do that until they know somebody has got their back....some people don't have anyone...they cant blow a whistle...but eventually may find a place like this or other circumstances that aloow for the discussion...and eventually the strength to speak up develops.