GreaseSpot Cafe

Does Martindale have a computer?

GrouchoMarxJr

Do we know who made the allegations about Vic's womanizing in the church and where they came from? I have heard these rumors before, but would like to know specifically where they came from. Not that I doubt them now, because the fruit is borne out in his later behavior. Would just like to know the origin, so I know I'm not running on hearsay.

I'd like to know the specifics too.

But I don't know how much it would add substantially to the mix though at least for me. I think we were following a madman. "Crazies" can be very charming, intelligent.. even good public speakers. They might even get a few things right.

reminds me of the thread about "Dr." Bronners' soap. I did get a reply to my email, he was a self-proclaimed doctor. But he really knew his soap..

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know the specifics too.

But I don't know how much it would add substantially to the mix though at least for me. I think we were following a madman. "Crazies" can be very charming, intelligent.. even good public speakers. They might even get a few things right.

reminds me of the thread about "Dr." Bronners' soap. I did get a reply to my email, he was a self-proclaimed doctor. But he really knew his soap..

Never saw the Dr. Bronner Soap thread. Yeah, the guy seems like a stark raving lunatic if you read his label, but I love that peppermint soap....

I don't think everyone has the ability to change. there are people who feel no remorse, who are so sure in their own sense of entitlement, that they cannot change.

What you describe is a partial definition of a Sociopath.

here's some interesting links:

http://www.hss.caltech.edu/~mcafee/Bin/sb.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Seth

I don't understand why some folk continue to continue on LCM. The man is down and we REALLY Do not know his present attitude. If someone honestly knows his state of being, come forth. I do not believe all I read on the internet.

Shall we expose all of our sins? I wish not to argue..only make YOU think about yourself.

Well,

when it comes to a matter of "this is what he did", and informing others (few of us don't want a fuller understanding, if not all

the explicit details), I see profit in it. When one wonders if twi under lcm was actually bad, I think the truth rings pretty clear.

Plus, some people like to try to rewrite history, and pretend great evils done by vpw personally and lcm personally never happened.

Under those conditions, I see a point to discussion.

When it comes down to just posting insults and things, well, personally, I don't see any point in it. It informs no one, and

brings no benefit to him or the reader. However, I can understand what I think of as a normal human urge to vent, and

pay back a little for all the harmful words lcm spewed out at us or about us. I don't usually partake of it, but I understand.

As to what we KNOW, we knew he was dropped by twi officially, and he was living in a small home owned by twi and

with a doctor. (It's been speculated he was placed there so the doctor could keep an eye on him.)

We knew he's worked as a personal trainer, and at UPS.

I think he's working at both currently, but I really don't care. I wish I'd seen signs he had some understanding that he wrought

hurt in other people's lives, but all reports show he's sorry he was caught, and removed from a cushy job.

Who's close to him? Am I to understand that you think he has... friends?! :confused: As for forgiving him, I'd rather see him drawn & quartered beside that damned gazebo they loved so much. But seriously, after I had been out of twi long enough to begin thinking normally... I called anyone who I had brought in, and apologized. I also apologized to just about everyone who I could think of, who I had wronged because of the doctrine & cult-ish practices. They were receptive, and I felt a lot better. As bad as he was - an honest apology - deserves honest forgiveness (perhaps followed by drawing & quartering, in this case?).

. . .

If he were sorry he'd spew info necessary to shake the last of lemmings from the tree. What is the true purpose of twi Mr. lcm?

If he were sorry he'd spew info necessary to shake the last of lemmings from the tree. What is the true purpose of twi Mr. lcm?

Now that's a fantastic point. He appearantly has nothing left to gain from people staying in... but the borg queen does.

What do you want to bet the borg queen still has something over him? I left & I was placed on "spiritual probation", where I was supposed to conduct a letter writing campaign to rev. a$$h@(e about what I thought of the sns tape or way mag. Early on, I figured the REAL point of this was to get me to keep funding the borg... but I now think it was a retainer of some measure of control over me as well.

What could the borg queen still have over the package handler?

btw - does anyone have a pic of loy handling a package... I'd pay damn good money for one with poster quality dpi.

I just reread the posts from Freud and jung...I believe they presented, what is, the probable condition of the former king okie.

They describe him as a man who is struggling with himself...as a man who has fallen from a great height and that there are areas of his life that are so painful that he cannot talk about them...in other words, he's a basket case. His own cruelty and hate and abuse and disregard finally devoured him and left him a sniveling "underachiever". Talk about getting your head messed up by twi...this was the guy who thought he was Joshua...and now he wears a clown suit and serves french fries...

I honestly don't think he even capable of posting here...it's beyond his emotional capacity.

:offtopic: :offtopic: :offtopic:

I miss those guys --- they added an extra perspective.

Too bad the atmosphere here was too caustic for them caused by the suspicion leveled their way.

They had something to add that we could have learned from (imo).

I miss those guys --- they added an extra perspective.

Too bad the atmosphere here was too caustic for them caused by the suspicion leveled their way.

They had something to add that we could have learned from (imo).

I don't know dave... I think they're big boys and understand the internet and skepicism...

I also don't think they ever had any intention of posting any more than they did regardless of their reception... after all, they were only casual acquaintences with LCM.

Given all of that, I also suspect that they were somewhat taken aback at how much of an effect the cult had people even though they were "mental health professionals"... but again, I don't think they really ever planned to post much more than they did anyway... I just don't think they wanted to spend their 'downtime' giving free therapy over the internet.

I don't know dave... I think they're big boys and understand the internet and skepicism...

I also don't think they ever had any intention of posting any more than they did regardless of their reception... after all, they were only casual acquaintences with LCM.

Given all of that, I also suspect that they were somewhat taken aback at how much of an effect the cult had people even though they were "mental health professionals"... but again, I don't think they really ever planned to post much more than they did anyway... I just don't think they wanted to spend their 'downtime' giving free therapy over the internet.

You're right Tom -- they are big boys, but I still think we could have learned more from them.

POSTS FROM FREUD; and ---

POSTS FROM JUNG

Craig never has put himself in a situation to get confronted if he could help it. He suely won't come here because he is a BIG COWARD. If he thinks he did no wrong, why would he come here? He knows he would get an arse beating. I have a friend who spoke to him at his efficiency apartment a few years ago, and HE TOLD HER HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG!!!! That is the twisted mind of a very sick individual. Being here is the last thing he needs IMHO. He needs professional help.

Do you really care if he replies...and why? What's the point? Many f&&k up...as many of us have...so...what would be the point? Anyone ever make a major mistake? His might be to a greater degree as you chose to put it on a scale of 1 to 10....but if you never made a mistake in your life that hurt someone, big or small...are you to call the kettle black?

I thought it was only fair to extend an invitation to him...afterall, he is the subject of a lot of posts here...I want him to know that he is always welcome to come here and give his side of the story...if he so chooses.

As far as the "calling the kettle black" remark...I don't think that I need to be sinless before I can sound the alarm on a bunch of predators that are stalking about. People are STILL being hurt inside of twi...this is about pointing out false prophets to protect people...not a vengeful game of namecalling.

Do you really care if he replies...and why? What's the point? Many f&&k up...as many of us have...so...what would be the point? Anyone ever make a major mistake? His might be to a greater degree as you chose to put it on a scale of 1 to 10....but if you never made a mistake in your life that hurt someone, big or small...are you to call the kettle black?

I don't mind the component of our society that pushes for "payment" for wrongs that have been done. I wouldn't feel good about living in a place where people were let off the hook because: "other people make mistakes too, you know." Do you have no concept of justice? Or do you have no concept of what this guy did?

Your version of a justice system, sounds like it may be required to say: "Oh well... I guess raping those little boys wasn't THAT bad... We've all made mistakes... you're free to go! No apology required."

I understand that's taking what you've said to an extreme... but its a good way to test a thought, and yours fails.

Loy Craig Martindale ABUSED a position of power! It's like a police officer who uses his position to steal, or worse.... The punishments for this should be higher than it is for normal folks. You should rethink whatever WEAK, "WHO CARES" logic has caused you to think like that, or you may find yourself being taken advantage of again.

Edited by waytrix survivor

Top 10 reasons why Martindale stopped using a computer:

10...can't figure out why everytime it tilts, the screen goes blank. Wrote letter to Etch-a-Sketch complaining they make really crummy laptops!

Edited by socks

I don't mind the component of our society that pushes for "payment" for wrongs that have been done. I wouldn't feel good about living in a place where people were let off the hook because: "other people make mistakes too, you know." Do you have no concept of justice? Or do you have no concept of what this guy did?

Your version of a justice system, sounds like it may be required to say: "Oh well... I guess raping those little boys wasn't THAT bad... We've all made mistakes... you're free to go! No apology required."

I understand that's taking what you've said to an extreme... but its a good way to test a thought, and yours fails.

Loy Craig Martindale ABUSED a position of power! It's like a police officer who uses his position to steal, or worse.... The punishments for this should be higher than it is for normal folks. You should rethink whatever WEAK, "WHO CARES" logic has caused you to think like that, or you may find yourself being taken advantage of again.

Excellent point waytrix!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top 10 reasons why Martindale stopped using a computer:

10...can't figure out why everytime it tilts, the screen goes blank. Wrote letter to Etch-a-Sketch complaining they make really crummy laptops!

...mine's been doing the same thing! ...I thought when that guy was selling me a new "art computer" that something was fishy...

...He started hearing VPW talking to him through the screen at night.

...He heard about *viruses* and said, "No thanks! It took me forever to get rid of that last STD!"

...He was overheard saying, "Oh! It's a lapTOP!? I figured that was too much money to spend on a dance."

...He's believing for a computer - but his needs and wants aren't parallel.

Edited by doojable

I didn't put myself in the place that LCM did. He was a minister, and he actually should have been holding a higher standard as a minister. Any person in their right mind wouldn't have hurt people the way he did.

I don't buy the one sin is the same as any other sin crap. That was something VPW taught to cover his own arse.

So you really can't compare what LCM did with "regular" people. He is a sociopath. That doesn't excuse his behavior. And personally I don't care if he replies. I know he won't because he is a coward.

It's not about calling a kettle black. It's about owning up to damage you did. His mistakes were not small.