GreaseSpot Cafe

Where's my nametag?

wrdsandwrks

I noticed with great pride that I shot up from being a Newbie in March to "Advanced Member". I was wondering if I get a cool nametag to wear to meetings to show that I so much more "Advanced" than the rest of the newbies??? I could strut around and think I'm better than anyone else.

JK, LOL!

Thanks all you really cool GS mods for providing such a great resource.

I bet you still have your Corps nametag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'm pretty sure I tossed it but then it's hard to say what's lurking in that garage of ours...

Well,I still have mine, why you ask yourself. I earned it the old fashion way, I did the program and all I have is this momento of a name tag to prove it.

I am feeling a bit shallow right about now.

Fellowshipper, you are welcome to wear your Corps nametag to our house anytime, we'd just be glad to see you!

No Matter what name tag you earned or wore the one that is the most valuable is the one we recieve for our God; Written in the Book of life!

I used to worry about my rewards...like would I recieve any????...I felt so unworthy at times in TWI...to the point that I would impose isolation on myself...too many wilderness walks and heart breaks to be sure. That only made it worse of course. I am a graduate from the school of hard knocks...unfortunately!

In these last few months at GRS I have learned that I will be thankful for anything that I may recieve from Christ at the Bema. I will just be thrilled to be there with You all! I will rejoice with all of you; knowing that all evil is defeated and triumped over. I will be glad to finally see God's Corpes and all the body Christ truly rewarded and honored by God through Jesus Christ in His own Loving and just way!

No Matter what name tag you earned or wore the one that is the most valuable is the one we recieve for our God; Written in the Book of life!

Ummmm....what color is it? Does anyone know? I mean a girl has to know what to ware...right? :rolleyes:

RG Along the lines of reward.. I recommend reading a book by John Bevere called, Driven by Eternity. It really motivated me to walk more and more in holiness, live for Jesus and move forward with my life.

:offtopic:

Nametag: I threw mine out with my corps notes, way books and anything else that was poisonous from TWI. I didnt want to be like Achan. I even burned my corps grad certificate, my fake Bachelor of Theology degree and my clergy certificate. I won't tell what I did with my clergy seal unless someone asks.

RG Along the lines of reward.. I recommend reading a book by John Bevere called, Driven by Eternity. It really motivated me to walk more and more in holiness, live for Jesus and move forward with my life.

:offtopic:

Nametag: I threw mine out with my corps notes, way books and anything else that was poisonous from TWI. I didnt want to be like Achan. I even burned my corps grad certificate, my fake Bachelor of Theology degree and my clergy certificate. I won't tell what I did with my clergy seal unless someone asks.

OK, what did you do with your clergy seal?

This is an honest question: Do you think your clergy status was bogus because it came from TWI? Keep in mind I am not a VPW, TWI, LCM, or anything else related apologist. I just wonder your thoughts on that subject.

I believe my "clergy status" was real. I know because of what I have walked in since I left TWI at the end of 1986. I have been ordained since then and continue to minister. It is not the ordination that counts but the calling of God on our lives. in addition to the calling, it is fulfilling our calling by walking with the Lord and getting others saved and walking according to the Word.

My clergy seal. If I remember correctly,it was a five sided block of wood with a metal plate on top with a logo that looked remarkably like a pentagram. There was a plaque on the front with my name and date of ordination Inside the wood was a portion of the salt covenant I took. The corps seal was supposed to go back to HQ when the clergy died.

Somewhere around 1995 on a farm in Bedford, Virginia, I placed the corps seal on a fence post. About twenty yards later I turned around a blew it away with a high powered rifle. The only thing left was the metal pentagram top piece with a large hole a little off center. I threw it in the trash. I felt a great weight come off of me. Kind of like Braveheart crying, "Freedom".

It is not a seal or a certificate that makes a person. It is what's inside a person that matters.

It is not a seal or a certificate that makes a person. It is what's inside a person that matters.

:eusa_clap: That is so true SOM!!! I'm glad you felt freedom. Since leaving TWI (4 years ago), I've enjoyed church A LOT! I feel I have a great realtionship with the Lord, and I feel a lot burdens lift from me during worship service. For me, worship service is way more healing and representative of my relationship with God that SIT was any time. I still believe in SIT, I just don't think the way TWI presented it is all that great anymore. And don't get me started on manifestations.

BTW, I trashed my nametags. After 5 years on Staff at HQ, I didn't want to wear another nametage ever again. Those darn things were such a representation of religiousity at HQ.

• 2 months later...

ok, sorry, i just want resurrect this threat because i think it's so durn funny!

i personally still have my old green F12 tag-- why? i have no idea because in every single photo of me in rez (or children's camp) i am never wearing it! not once!

though curiously i did have a nametag for one of my favorite stuffed animals made at ROA one year... yes, i was a major dork.

here's are great poll idea:

what kind of name tag embellisher were you?

-fabric rose stickers?

-any lame stickers?

-rounded corners?

(who else tried to saw off the corners of their tags on the pavement while waiting for the rome city PS bus in the morning? i always got in caught... alas, i was never cool, even in FC. sigh).

-plastic clip converter?

-staffey wood panel tag? c'mon, we know who you are!

(oh, man i was always in envy of those fake wood-paneled veneer staff tags! they were so 70's looking!!)

----uh...what else? :thinking:

what if your nametag said, "Donna Reed"? What then?

I guess I would wear it proudly, or what if said, Mary Bailey? That would be cool.

ok, sorry, i just want resurrect this threat because i think it's so durn funny!

i personally still have my old green F12 tag-- why? i have no idea because in every single photo of me in rez (or children's camp) i am never wearing it! not once!

though curiously i did have a nametag for one of my favorite stuffed animals made at ROA one year... yes, i was a major dork.

-fabric rose stickers?

-any lame stickers?

-rounded corners?

(who else tried to saw off the corners of their tags on the pavement while waiting for the rome city PS bus in the morning? i always got in caught... alas, i was never cool, even in FC. sigh).

-plastic clip converter?

(oh, man i was always in envy of those fake wood-paneled veneer staff tags! they were so 70's looking!!)

-fabric rose stickers?

-any lame stickers?

-rounded corners?

-plastic clip converter?

Didn't have any embellishments on mine, just a lot of clothes with tiny holes in them.

Lets see...

did we wear the the corps nametag on the right of left side

when i felt like a real rebel, I clipped it on my belt loop...ooh ahh

9th corpse green nametag with pin and two clips for my suit lapel.

btw dont get me started on the color of the Holy Spirit dove.

Corpse night decked out in 3 piece with

corps tag

wow pin

Holy Spirit dove

I felt spiritual

Edited by Son of the Master

I'm just catchin' up on this thread ...

Ours were white becasue we were more pure than the 7th corps ... I think

Embellished nametags ... rounded corners, flowers ... sacrilege ...

But maybe I will pull mine out and round the edges ... hmmm, what else ...

9th corpse

RIP

OK

I just checked my Fellowlaborers name tags.

Why do I keep them? Dunno. Pretty handy for scraping price tag gunk off of glass, though.

My first year in the program, the name tags were blue with white engraving.

My name and FL year are stick-on label tape.(Blue tape with white letters)

The adversary must have infiltrated the program.

Blue is so----well, you know---BLUE!

My graduating year was a white tag that had the logo du jour at the top.

Again, my name and state were done with label tape.(green with white letters)

HMMMM! Has it occurred to anyone else that maybe Der Vey was a front for a name tag business scam?

I have attempted to throw away all of my nametags-but I think they multiplied when I wasn't looking. My WC nametag was white with green--22nd.

I had WC nametags, AC nametags, WOW nametags and staff nametags.

I too have read the "Driven by Eternity" book and it was awesome! And it shook me up some too. I have only been out of twi for around 2 years.

I agree that the worship service at church so blows me away! I do still SIT. I had force myself to stop for a while to make it not be so mechanical.

I think my old Advanced Class Nametag got broken. I remember being idolized by PFAL and Intermedicate grads while being snubbed by a lot of Corps. Not all of them. But a lot. Still have a twig picture from Advanced Class 1986.