GreaseSpot Cafe

Alec Baldwin's voicemail

markomalley

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it was a phone call. No argument back and forth. It just seems a bit ridiculous to call 911 and say... my neighbor is having an intense phone conversation.

I don't know, does a phone call count as a domestic dispute? whats the cop going to do, pick up the other phone and listen?

I could see if it was 1:00am or something, you'd probably want to check that out. but it was 10:30... or 11:00... or whatever he said.

RON G--- i agree with you.

Yup --- It was a phone call. I addressed that aspect of it in my response to Rocky.

My point (in what you quoted from my other earlier post is) ---

It's NOT a wasted phone call to 911, if you think something serious is going on. :)

Nandon -- true story for you here.

About 20 years ago, I was living in a duplex.

The couple that lived upstairs of me, often fought.

I could hear them through the floor/ceiling clearly.

It happened often enough, but it usually wasn't violent.

One night -- I was getting ready to go camping,

but got stopped by the intensity of the voice above.

Notice I did NOT say voices -- but rather voice (as in singular).

It bothered me, and the voice got louder, and louder.

It was the husband only, and I heard NO response from his wife.

I had had enough. I went up the stairs, KICKED their door 4 or 5 times,

(knocking would have been too polite),

and the perpetrator (the husband) opened the door breathing hard,

looked up at me, and said WHAT!!!???

He was obviously *not in his right mind*. I'm a big guy. He wasn't.

I stared at him from my vantage point to him and said nothing.

As I stared, he started calming down, and breathed more normally.

Then said in a meek voice, "ok, ok. I'm all right now."

Reason I tell you this --- is because his wife was too frightened to even speak, or defend herself.

I heard him loud and clear through the apartment partitions, but never heard her at all.

If I hadn't gone up there that night, she very well could have been a *silent lamb*.

D,

u think this phone call was at the same intensity level as that story?

meh,... i see what your saying, i just don't think that THIS phone call was THAT violoent.. that's where we disagree,, but i get what you're saying, and you're right.

Why are we listening to it on the internet?

As much as I dislike Alec Baldwin, I think some things are private and shouldn't be open to public scrutiny. After all, I'm sure the appropriate PTB heard it before any of us did.

I kinda think it's disrespectful to the little girl (not to mention her mom) although I don't know if she knows or can comprehend or understand that THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD now knows how her daddy did her. I would think that would be very painful in and of itself.

All the while, there are probably MILLIONS of kids out there who get the same treatment and the world knows not nor would it care.

I may be way off base here, but it all just doesn't set right.

Got a mouse in yur pocket, there Ron?

Actually, (and though I am NOT listening to it on the internet... and cringed when the local 10pm news played it a few minutes ago), I very much agree with you on this... much like NBC airing the crap from that disturbed killer at VA Tech, THIS item REALLY doesn't belong here, or anywhere on the internet... and NO, I'm not wagging my finger at anyone here. I simply do NOT understand the voyeuristic tendencies that cause "the public" (which is the collective, "all of us") to have such a need to watch and listen, over and over and over to peoples' dark side.

Isn't it bad enough, and proof enough to simply publish the transcript? I read it once this afternoon. That was more than enough for me.

Yeah, there's things that I like to look at, look on, look over someone's shoulder, etc. about... but they are NOT this kind of stuff...

Which is probably tied in to my disdain for American Idol, Survivor, various Bachelor/Bachelorette programs, etc., ad nauseum, yada yada yada. Calling them, as a genre, "reality shows" is soooooooooo much a misnomer.

As one poster on this thread alluded, WE do not know the whole story. But we know more than we need to know. Which, unfortunately, is enough to know how much of a jerk Alec Baldwin can be... and there is NO excuse for talking like that to a kid.

I do, however, empathize with the extreme frustration Baldwin must experience from dealing with Basinger...

which, together with my empathy for his daughter, is why my bottom line is that I hope someday, (hopefully before very many days have passed) Baldwin is able to apologize to his daughter to the extent, and in a way that is meaningful to her.

I've been estranged from my daughter (now age 17) for most of the last four years. I know how extremely frustrating it can be to have to deal with a former spouse who holds animosity. I also volunteer at a child crisis shelter... so, I do feel for the kids... most of whom miss their parents (one or both) very much.

D,

u think this phone call was at the same intensity level as that story?

meh,... i see what your saying, i just don't think that THIS phone call was THAT violent.. that's where we disagree,, but i get what you're saying, and you're right.

Actually -- yes I do. But I grant you that the daughter wasn't there,

like the wife was in the story I told.

Both voices were *unheard*. Just happened that I was *on the scene*, concerning the experience I had.

(Ps -- I heard the tape of that phone call on the radio today.

Alex Baldwin was just as vociferous as my upstairs neighbor that night 20 odd years ago. :(

I don`t believe a child could POSSIBLY do something to merit this kind of treatment. It is up to the adult in the situation to suck it up and figure out the best way to address his kiddos issues.

As it is, he is just an over indulgant spoiled brat frustrated because he doesn`t have the control or power.

... the horse died a long time ago.

That, it did. Evan & Ron must have a lot of free time on their hands.

--

As for Baldwin, here's a typical, rich leftist - 100% hypocrite. All that publically professed, moral nobility stops at his own front door. I have no doubt his humbris-laced show of liberal "compassion," giving money to kids with AIDS, etc, is nothing but a tax-deductible smokescreen to conceal (or make amends for) his true, low-life self. It's not just little girls that he bullies, though he prefers the odds in that sort of match. He's been a spoiled f-tard throughout his career, maybe longer.

Didn't he promise to leave the country if Bush were re-elected? Maybe he needs more encouragement.

Edited by satori001

I am no fan of alec baldwin but why did his ex-wife kim b. had to release this tape to the public? If I was the judge in this case I would say what the hell is a matter with both of you? If anyone is getting hurt here it the daughter and even if what he is saying is true where did the daughter learn this from? those two don't know the meaning of whats in the best of there child!

First I think Alec Baldwin's rant was disgusting --but then I find Alec Baldwin disgusting,his narcisstic self important arrogance spills out from the screen in every show he appears on or in.

Second what mother in her right mind, whose child has been hurt by the original diatribe, posts it to the internet thus exposing said child not only to the original pain but to the pain of having everyone she comes in contact with know about it????

What is clear from this whole situation is that Alec and Kim may have many considerations in mind but the emotional welfare of their daughter isn't one of them

Edited by templelady

I saw a movie with him called "Malice" where he played the character Dr. Jed Hill. Here is part of one of his lines: You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

I don't imagine he had to practice hard at all, to sound sincere in that line.

icon_rolleyes.gif

I haven't listened to it.. probably won't... I just thought I'd say that I can't think of a couple who deserve each other more than Alec Baldwin and Kim Bassinger...

Not listening to it -- a VERY wise strategy. NOT a bit edifying, I must say.

Indeed, Baldwin and Basinger do indeed deserve each other (IMO)... but as Rascal mentioned, the child certainly doesn't deserve either being subject to the verbal abuse from her father, NOR being used as a pawn by her mother (which is pretty obviously the case).

I am no fan of alec baldwin but why did his ex-wife kim b. had to release this tape to the public? If I was the judge in this case I would say what the hell is a matter with both of you? If anyone is getting hurt here it the daughter and even if what he is saying is true where did the daughter learn this from? those two don't know the meaning of whats in the best of there child!

THIS post, by nyunknown NAILS it.

and while I understand the point satori made about it being good for the daughter that the recording was made public, I believe that view lacks insight into the realities of divorce and child custody battles.

It is NEVER good for the child to be made a public spectacle/pawn in such a high profile divorce situation.

The child could, just as easily, been given appropriate intervention/counseling or whatever else might be therapeutic for her, with this recording being made known ONLY to the judge in family court.

The actions of BOTH parents are tragically faulty in this situation, and BOTH aspects of it, almost certainly, caused harm to the child.

...but is anyone surprised?

The narcisstic millionaires of the hollywood elite are famous for being dysfunctional blowhards.

The ever congenial Kim found a way to expose and humiliate her ex hubby on the internet...and for sure, he deserves the reputation that he earns. I agree that it's too bad that the child has to play the part of the ping pong in this nasty little game of "gotcha"...

I hope some judge puts out a restraining order against Baldwin...he a real dip sh *t.

I have never liked Alec Baldwin but I'm sure there is more to the story than what we know.

And if we have only heard part of it there is sure another part of the story.

Too bad the kid is caught in the middle. But usually if the kid is with one parent all the time and that parent is nasty about about the other parent then you can bet that the kid really acts up because she is being told things a kid should never be involved in.

I went through it with my son when I was trying to get custody. When he came to visit one time I had to throw him out because of his behavior (and I was not nice). Of course it was used against me, but I could not tolerate his disrespect. Now he lives with me and with counseling he has had his eyes opened and realized I'm really not a bad person after all. He was told so many things about me that were so untrue!!!!!

So, I can't except that its one sided here. It sounds like some things are being manipulated and he lost his temper.

Whatever the mom's motives, there will be considerable attention from the court. If their celebrity status mattered before, it should matter little now. All that matters is the child. The court knows it is being watched too. This story is being talked about everywhere.