GreaseSpot Cafe

If I Only Knew Then...

Lone Wolf McQuade

I was confronted by so many clergy in TWI from Craig on down. Some may have been justified, most weren't.

I had recently posted on another thread one of Craig's a$$-chewing sessions on me. I of course backed down full of fear that I had angered the mediator between God and men (Craig).

If I only knew then what I know now, I would have looked right at Craig and had only one thing to say, "F@#k You".

Does anyone have any particular confrontation stories that stick out in your mind and what would you have said to them then if you knew what you know now?

Lone Wolf McQuade

Edited by Lone Wolf McQuade

Ah, the last one. "We KNOW you're REALLY SCREWED UP. You had just better come clean and tell us what it is.."

Something happened at that moment, I finally realized that they were crazier than loons.

"hmm. Well, I'll think about it, and get back with you.."

It had to have been an inspired utterance or something because the color left his face, and he said:

"duhhhh, ooooo kayyyy, maybe that's a good idea.... duhhhhhhm."

So, Mr. "I never mix my bread and vegetables" simply let me walk off with no further argument, the light having finally gone on in my brain.. I never returned.

This is literally how it went.

Considering the result, I don't think I could have done any better.

Yep.. his claim to fame, said he no gastrointestinal (he couldn't use that big of a word though) troubles, because he didn't mix bread and vegetables. There's more, but I think it's the wrong thread for that..

:biglaugh:

I can think of numerous instances of being the subject of some mindless "reproof" or another.

Curiously, I think your response would have been perfectly appropriate for all of them as well...

It was just a petty, small-minded, anal-retentive cult with a "feel-good" veneer and a dark core.

It's hard to come to grips with maybe, because so many of us invested so much of ourselves in it,

but it really was trivial and pointless, with no lasting legacy other than the bitterness of the former members

who finally figured it out. And even that - fortunately - is temporal...

My last phone conversation with him was about the loyalty letter. I called him, left a message and he actually returned my call. I told him I will forever remain loyal to God and he has my loyalty as long as he doesn't demand it. He said that "of course I can demand your loyalty, who else has taught you the Word like I have?"

I said that "before I sign a loyalty oath to you or anyone, you will have to kiss my A$$"

That ended the conversation.

Edited by Out There

Yep.. his claim to fame, said he no gastrointestinal (he couldn't use that big of a word though) troubles, because he didn't mix bread and vegetables. There's more, but I think it's the wrong thread for that..

My dear sweet little cutie pie squirrel it is ALWAYS the wrong thread if you are mixing bread with veggies. Everyone knows that bread goes with cheese and wine and veggies go with butter. :biglaugh:

Confrontations....didn't get too many of those...most of the clergy felt that they needed to down channel anything that they felt they needed to say to me. The great and powerful Rev. Fart tried to dress me down, but I didn't even respond to him, was too tired to pay him too much attention. Rev. Larson down channeled it...

Come to think of it Rev. Gomer Pile did try to dress me down just before he told me I was being dropped from the Corps. But he was only the final stop of LCM's down channel. It was similar to yours Ham, he said "You know you made a mistake?"

I replied "Yeah I probably made a lot of them. Which one are you referring to?"

All he could say was, "Well you know which one" said with a very bemused look on his face. Certainly hoping that I would fill in the blank for him.

No such luck, my reply was "Nope not a clue, do you have a clue?"

At that he just sputtered for a few seconds and then finally spit out, along with a piece of lettuce (he had a nasty habit of chewing and talking at the same time), "Well I can see that this is getting us no where, you just are not meek!"

So, thinking that the conversation was now over I applied my energy and attention to my lunch. This made him angry. Finally he blurted out, loud enough for the resteraunt next door to hear, "Well I'm just going to call Rev. Martindale and tell him that you're not going to change your behavior! So you had best think of a way to leave soon!"

I calmly finished chewing what I had in my mouth, wiped the salad spittal off of my face and said, "I'll call my parents and arrange for a flight."

That was the end of my last "confrontation". Lots of folks talked smack, and some even wrote a few letters but no other clergy tried to confront me again.

A side note: on the way out of town, the good Rev got into an auto accident because he was paying more attention to his salad than his driving.

So, Mr. "I never mix my bread and vegetables" simply let me walk off with no further argument, the light having finally gone on in my brain.. I never returned.

Mr. "I never mix my bread and vegetables".....ROFLMAO!!! That is PERFECT example of anal-retentiveness we experienced in Craig lunatic reign.

This one isn't about LCM but I did have to confront a certain Rev who was born in Kentucky ....

KS - tried to nail me in a friend's kitchen. His words were, "I bet you've never had a REAL MAN!" I pushed him off of me, sat with my friends and got drunk until I fell asleep.

Months later I confronted him and told him I expected an apology and to be asked for forgiveness. The conversation went something like this:

Him - "I NEVER did that."

Me - "YES you did! I was there! The only excuse I will accept is that you don't remember it because you were possessed."

Him - "Well, then I don't remember it...."

:blink: :wacko: :huh:

A side note: on the way out of town, the good Rev got into an auto accident because he was paying more attention to his salad than his driving.

I wonder if it was the same guy..

OMG.

This character was so ignorant, so clueless, that I can't even remember his name.

All I know, now he at least runs a REGION.

good grief..

maybe somebody here could help me remember this minion's name..

frank123, maybe you could PM and tell me..

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

Once when my new bride of a month or so and I were on house cleaning detail, we decided it might not be such a bad idea to clean our own room.(Nudge,nudge--Wink,wink) No, we were'nt caught but our absence from the herd did not go unnoticed. I was summoned to appear before the limb leader, who was a half hours' drive away with no explaination of what I was being called in for. I really did not have a clue what he was calling me in for. She was not summoned, only me. Oh, yeah,Clergy. That was Rev. J!m M!lne. As he pesented his case to me about how the adversary was using "it" as a trick to let my guard down, I began to do some serious thinking about how he seemed quite fond of the new Mrs.(I better not take that thought any further here).Well, we were part of that "any 2 can make it work" deal who just couldn't make it work.But the thing that strikes me is how they had to control even the most private of moments and always try to make you think you were the one who was missing some big spiritual truth.