GreaseSpot Cafe

Synergy

cman

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/index.html

Like wow man it actually works!

I don't know if anyone here knows of this free software but it does work.

One mouse and keyboard to control and operate two computers.

And the other mouse and keyboard still works on the client machine.

Perhaps you folks know of this program, or not.

But I thought I'd contribute a little here.

Going to play with it a bit more.

See if I can get it to drag and drop between computers.

You folks know of any others like this?

The KVM deal wasn't what I was lookin for, although it works, it's not free.

I usually use KVMs, but this looks pretty useful. I'll have to take it out for a spin.

I usually use KVMs, but this looks pretty useful. I'll have to take it out for a spin.

Hey Thanks BB and Greasy.

Checked into KVM's and that's one monitor and more then one computer.

Which works but costs about 40 dollars to control two computers one monitor with one key board and mouse.

And quite a bit more if one wants to control more then two from one keyboard and mouse.

Now this thing will let you jump seamlessly screen to screen on as many computers as that are set up as clients.

The only thing I'd like to see this do is drag and drop between computers, although copy and paste works for text sometimes it seems.

But anyway I had to get another p3 computer that I already had, just to run Skype. I put it on my p3 850 and my other running stuff on the p3 500. Yeah I know I should quit being so cheap lol and buy a dual core or something. But hey these old machines stll work!

One of my customers upgraded their computers a while back and I picked up a few p3's and a slew of monitors and a few printers.

So I have one pc with two monitors and one with one. run Skype on the one with one and the rest on the other one.

I'm not a big gamer so I really don't need the bigger faster computers. But Skype needed at least 1 Ghz to run well, though it worked on the 500 it works better on the 850.

Both computers have about the same stuff on it except Skype on the one.

Running a 64meg and 128 meg graphics card on the 500 and a 128 card on the other.

And I use this-

http://www.goodsync.com/index.html

to Sync a few things like my favorites.

Edited by cman

Yeah, this is good for when you have different machines together with the monitors of all machines in view from one spot.

Windows remote desktop is good for when the machines cannot be seen by the same set of eyes at one place.

Any way I use Synergy because I have 3 machines that are all p3's and can't handle the load of all my apps on one machine. So I separated them between the three so they would work better.

Even with high end machines I can see it would be useful. Not always switching keyboards and mice to use a different computer to perform different tasks.

Keeps your work space more managable with one keyboard and mouse. And the other Keyboards and mice still work too.

Edited by cman