GreaseSpot Cafe

Grant Help

Shellon

I need help with grant information.

Not the links to how to get them, I've got all those thanks to herbiejuan and a few others. I've read Grant Writing for Dummies. It can be rather daunting.

Many have told me how it worked for them, many tell me there is a ton of grant money out there, but I need some practical information.

Those that say 'piece of cake, no problem' please tell me why.

I need the 'now what' information, some straight talkin' reality.

Is it the old story of need money to get money?

I don't want to do a small business loan. I'm extremely close to my Bachelors Degree, my potential partner in this adventure has hers. I can PM anyone with further and better information if you need.

Thanks, in advance

Thanks WW, yeah, and I've done all that. I have books and links and info on where to find them, but looking at a screen or reading in a book isn't the practical help I need.

What I'm looking for is someone to talk straight to me, tell me exactly, show me an actual form, tell me how much it costs, generally, etc. Answer my questions with more than "there is SO much money out there"

Thank you

Effective June 1, it's an agency that will serve as a 'go between' for clients needing services and the places that have the services.

Edited by Shellon Fockler-North

WW,

The first place I look is http://foundationcenter.org . You can use the free search by state, zipcode or name. The key is to pull up their IRS 990 form. On that you can find (usually page 9) giving history, deadlines, if they accept unsolicited proposals and guidelines. You can also find who they funded that year and see if you are the type of group they will consider. Some even include a copy of their application as an attachment.