GreaseSpot Cafe

Curious newbie

Chula

I just stumbled onto this site and thought you guys could satisfy my curiosity about a few things.

How are the "Abundant" classes run now? Who's teaching them? Is Foundational still videos in a home environment and Advanced at HQ?

Does TWI still emphasize outreach, and--if so--how do they do it? Does CES have an outreach program?

I just stumbled onto this site and thought you guys could satisfy my curiosity about a few things.

How are the "Abundant" classes run now? Who's teaching them? Is Foundational still videos in a home environment and Advanced at HQ?

Does TWI still emphasize outreach, and--if so--how do they do it? Does CES have an outreach program?

Sorry, I can't answer your questions, but I'm sure you will get some soon. But hey, welcome, welcome, welcome.

Enjoy your stay here at the cafe.

twi recently came out with a new taped foundational class, there are I believe four teachers

advanced class is still at HQ, on tape

don't know how long ago you left, they're still having to use twi kids to run classes

they wouldn't allow those who took the old classes to take this new one unless they brought a new person, or had a job in the class,

this didn't work well (obviously) so I believe they overturned that,

far as I know, outreach is the same as always, door-to-door, at the mall, to your dentist, etc. They do have a Way Disciple outreach program in which you knock on about 15,000 doors and annoy people at dinnertime

don't know anything about CES

Oh, and welcome to Greasespot Chula! :wave:

Edited by Bolshevik

Well, hi there, Chula. Welcome to the GS Cafe. If you hang around a while, you'll get the answers to you questions...just give the people some time to see your post.

While you're waiting, you might like to check out the many articles on the home page. Lot and lots of info there...enjoy.

By the way, being that this site incorporates a very wide cross-section of thoughts and ideas, it mainly revolves around ex-way people and their experiences. We love to talk about God, the bible, Jesus Christ, Christianity, and so on and so on. We like having fun too, so don't be surprised at the, sometimes, off-beat humor. Just browse the many forums here and you'll be sure to find something interesting.

Most of all, don't be shy. Just jump in, be courteous and respectful, and you'll find a whole lot of great people to interact with who are also courteous and respectful. :)

Enjoy your stay, Chula. :wave:

Welcome Chula! :eusa_clap:

You said...

TWI does emphasize outreach. Mainly because they don't have any. Witnessing for TWI was such a drag, at least in the 90's and beyond. You always hated witnessing because you knew you were a member in a cult. If someone asked you if it was a cult, you would deny it up and down.

But inside, you kind of new you belonged to this small group that everybody else thinks is nuts. Then you would have to catch yourself for thinking that and get back in fellowship with God. Because the real reason everybody thinks we're nuts is because they're blinded by the adversary and we are God's faithful remnant. :doh:

CES does have an outreach program. They don't have a lot of people going. 6 or 8 at the most I think. It's made up of mostly younger kids 20-30. I don't know much more than that or what their success has been like.

Chula,

I think it says a whole lot that someone like you has to come to THIS site to find out what's really going on at TWI. I mean.. TWI has their own site after all... www.theway.org. But I suppose you went there first thinking they'd have useful information posted, huh?

Well, welcome to the Greasespot Chula! :eusa_clap:

sudo

Welcome, Chula

Today's specials are mint iced tea or coffee, with carrot cake or a croissant sandwich. Feel free to enjoy these items, or order off the menu. We're just glad you are here. Sit and rest yourself for a while. And, please, come visit us often!

pa1a10_mint_tea_e.jpg

Coffee%20Lover.jpg

CarrotCake.gif

croissant.jpg

Suda

WOW!!! Suda, I didn't realize the croissant sandwich was on special today!!! :eusa_clap: it's my FAVORITE!! :rolleyes:

Hey, Chula.......you...munch, munch.....gotta.....gulp....munch....try......munch, munch......these things....gulp....they're great.....chomp, chomp!!!!!!

OK, OK, shouldn't talk with my mouth open...but this tastes soooooooo good!!!......schlurrrrrrrp....gulp.....ice tea's super!!....schlurrrrrp!!....AAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Come on, Chula, dig in!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Chula,

I think it says a whole lot that someone like you has to come to THIS site to find out what's really going on at TWI. I mean.. TWI has their own site after all... www.theway.org. But I suppose you went there first thinking they'd have useful information posted, huh?

Well, welcome to the Greasespot Chula! :eusa_clap:

sudo

True.

I'm used to thinking this is normal for twi, but it's BIZARRE for MOST church groups to not be able

to get simple answers to basic questions like were posed here.

Let's see, to try to answer the questions....

Hello!

There's a sticky at the top of this forum titled "Welcome to the Greasespot Cafe."

It's got some advice for new arrivals. I'd recommend it. (Then again, I'm biased.)

There's no universal consensus among posters, but most agree on basics concerning

twi and so on.

The "pfal" classes have not been run for years. lcm declared them an "old wineskin" and

made up his own "wap" class (Way of Abundance and Power) which, by all accounts,

is inferior to pfal in many ways. The wap classes are currently being used.

Foundational, last I heard, was live in areas, since videos would show lcm, and he was

kicked out for GETTING CAUGHT using the staff and corps women as a private harem.

(In twi, getting caught is bad, but if you don't, then it's ok.)

The local Foundational classes are taught by whoever's local. And require a minimum of 3

students, not 6 or 7.

The Advanced class Specials are done twice every other year. They're not done on

grounds, but at a hotel (all costs bourne by the students, all work done by the hotel

staff, the corps, or local believers.)

twi can't really emphasize outreach too hard because even the people in it are too

apathetic to push the programs and stuff.

CES (aka STFI) I can't tell you about, but they have their own subforum.

Someone else will have to tell you about it.

CES/STFI has some fans who post here, so responses will vary widely.

lcm declared them an "old wineskin" and

made up his own "wap" class

:offtopic:

When that class first came out, people started calling it the "wap" class (like whap! - the sound of getting hit upside the head). Martindale declared that the class was to be referred to as "The Way class" if not referred to by its full name.

I always abbreviated it in writing as WayAP.

they wouldn't allow those who took the old classes to take this new one unless they brought a new person, or had a job in the class,

this didn't work well (obviously) so I believe they overturned that,

LOL. who thought of that idea?

LOL. who thought of that idea?

i dunno.

But I did know I wouldn't be taking the new class anytime soon :biglaugh:

and they'd call and ask if I was going to take the class :biglaugh:

we'd say "no, because you said yada yada"

they'd say "Oh.. . uh . . . well . .. I'll . . .uh let Rev. ___ know"

Luckily, I left twi before Martindale's presumptiousness had reached the level of dismissing Wierwille's class and replacing it with his own divine version, which should have been entitled:

"The Abundace of his Mouth, Journey into Madness"

I always thought it would be funny to get those guys who did "Mystery Theartre"...and have them make wise cracks through the whole thing...turn it into a satirical work of comedy...

Suda, There I was controlling my appetite and then I saw all that scrumptious food and voila' I'm hungry now. Mmmmmmm and Yummmmm. Gotta go eat now. Hehe

AND ((((CHULA))))

Welcome to Greasespot Cafe - so glad to have you.

Edited by Edi