GreaseSpot Cafe

We want to move -- where? Got any ideas

Dot Matrix

geeeze,what started out as a nice little thread to help Dot out has turned into one of GS out n out food fights...

I personaly do not like heavily weighted area's, I prefer 60 percent white.....usualy you will pay higher buckos for the clean white color areas..Iam from chicago...I grew up within a very mixed area....

THere are french speaking folks in NH, and I welcome it..plus no personal or state tax..

personal tax is a foriegn concept to me until I moved to VA....we are talking big bucks..

Here is a real KILLER- I was a loan officer in VA..I get anyone with a GREENCARD a loan...now get this , they have no credit...pretty flippin sad..THey live in groves of 20 and can save 50000 in 6 months..amd bingo......they can get a loan..

dont get my chicago temper up...

Edited by likeaneagle

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Texas is more "front line" ... what do we know way up here? The inference seemed clear enough. But the real point is how completely you changed what Jonny and WG said. I guess we need another thread to discuss how the citizens of Beardstown are to pay for all the newcomers that require services that they have not paid for. Dot, you might cross that place off your list, as nice as it used to be. Those citizens may be looking for a new place along with you. I guess if foreigners claim a community, they get to keep it.

Okay, back to the discussion on where to best be immersed in "diversity". (Is that required now?)

Tom I could not agree with you less. I only hope that what is happening to me happens to you so then you can voice your opinion from a first person position.

I have a right to not want to live near illegals, I have a right to want to live in a quiet wholesome area. And if it seems predjudice I do not give a rats azz. I have a right to choose where I live and if I base it upon certain factors -- well that is my right as an American

So let me not make semi damning comments - let me make them out right. I do not want to live near illegals. I do not want to live near gang members. I do not want to live near people who park their car on the front lawn. Now you can attatch whatever race you want to it -- that makes you predjudice.

To all others thank you

We just went to a town meeting. Seems the GOVERNMENT bought section 8 housing in our area and the Katrina criminals are in them. There are huge problems. Where I work? The Doctor told me that since 2003 the average of 90 illegals are coming into that town a day. A DAY. He saw it on CNN a couple years ago and it has not slowed down

Dot can move when us coordinators decide where she will move and give her the corpse assignement from heill Gawd . She can make requests but the final decision is ours.

Thank gawd we don't do that anymore ...

Edited by rhino

One more thing...

A close friend of the family grew up in El Paso,..his father was a grain farmer.......well, the surrounding farms(ranch/farms) were owned by the over the Border ones who used thier farming abilities to hide the real biz of Drug Cartelling........see, I told you my ears are gettin red...ha.......dropped the grain prices so low that he was forced out of biz and they bought his land.....hello

RHino watch your land...

Edited by likeaneagle

I'm going to sound unreasonable - but here goes......

Dot dear, the discussion has shifted from helping you find a place to move, to arguing about other factors.

I believe you asked for ideas...I for one am excited to hear about your "Top Ten" list and the process of how you narrow it down to your dream city. I'll be even more excited to hear about your move and your new home.

All this other stuff is just bickering. Yes, everyone has the right to state an opinion, but you got the information you were seeking.

I wish you well in your search for a new home. I hope you get to visit the cities on your list and get a real perspective on life in that town and community. I'm looking forward to your travels. I imagine you keeping a journal of all the great things you see and do.

Hasn't this thread served its purpose? Kisses and good luck to you!

I not only "hate" the current situation that you're in I hate that your current situation has made you want to "damn" entire sections of the population...

Is that really what you want to do?

Why yes, I believe I do

1. Gang members

2. People who park on the lawn, drinking in their drive ways, screaming and yelling past midnight

3. illegals

Yes!

Now back to some of the great areas you people told me about. Thank you so much.

It is "conceivable" there was a good point about looking closer to home ... the real problems you see there can occur anywhere ... east TN sounds nice ... there could be benefits to staying around people/things you know ... I'm not sure how to determine if an area is ripe for "invasion". What do I know ... but I can call BS when I hear it ...

cardinals lost a pitcher again ... man ...

Well, I am starting to look at the views of a state. OR city. Like San Francisco said they are a safe haven for illegals and will not enforce the law -- so that is out. I believe they called themselves a sanctuary city

Although living next to gays is good as they do keep a nice house (the ones I know)

We went up to a city near Chattanooga and in the paper it had an article about the illegals running there because ATL was cracking down.

Rascal lives in a sweet area -- horses - country - nice. Only, I did not see a place to seek employment.

I have land outside of Kingman AZ. But I have read on a Kingman link they are having "grow houses" and drug problems there as well.

Madison Wiss. has always appealed to me. Anyone been there - I have only read about it.

Our one idiot teen neighbor has about 20 teens at her home right now, on the lawn. And one is playing the SAX badly.

We have all been calling the police on them. They put their trash in the neighbors cans, they have weird traffic. Cars in for five minutes then out. Something is not right

There are retirement communities I am watching. I cannot get in yet -- but real soon here!

Edited by Dot Matrix

Dot....................you can always go live in the jungles with a tribe, that's my answer when things in my life get too overwelming, I wouldn't have to pay any bills, wouldn't have to pay for food, no taxes, no gangs, no crime, lots of sunlight, wouldn't have to be concerned about clothing, wouldn't have to have a 9-5 job, life would just seem so simple and uncomplicated.

Cowgirl

I think of cave dwelling.

At the town meeting they really went through all the homes broken into and teens hanging out in neighborhoods they do not even live in. That is at the house I look out my window and see everyday, then the actual gangs, then illegals.

Our neighborhood has over 20 houses up for sale. It is usually about 6 in the Spring. Not good -- every dollar I have is in my house I have no retirement

I'd love to say that without Jonny jumping in there and starting his "gangs=illegals" and "illegals=gangs" rants... but that's what Jonny always does. And then there are others that jump right in there with him.
Wow Tom, I can hardly believe that you said that. Really, I didn't expect that from you. I am not saying at all that "all Mexican imigrants are "gangstas". And neither is Dot. She very clearly said (somewhere back in this thread) that she had some very nice ethnic neighbors who were very responsible and kind and nice to have as neighbors. But they too sold out. Oh here it is:
I do not want the whole conversation to run to predjudice, we have two GREAT ethnic neighbors. One just put her house up for sale and the other is preparing.

I have said in the past, and I'll now say it again, that I love the Hispanic culture, and the Mexican culture in particular. I even speak passable Spanish because of my love for that culture. I love the "love of family" that I have seen with my various Mexican friends, and I love the fact that there is such generosity when it comes to food! I swear, it always amazes me how "selfish" my own culture is when it comes to food! When I have been to my Mexican friends' homes, one of the first things I am offered is food! When I was a starving WOW in Los Angeles, I had a friend named Tomas Montana. And his family was a bunch of illegals, and they were poor. But whenever I went to his home with him, food was foisted upon me, and it wouldd have been a breach of protocol had I not acctepted. And I will bet you Tom, that these are things that Dot would delight in also, and maybe already does!

But she is not talking about that! She is talking about an infestation of particularly bad illegal immigrants who have invaded and ruined her and her husbands' lifes' dreams! I mean, come on, crapping in the woods, crapping in the dressing booths of the Wal-Mart store, camping in the woods and trashing everything about them, boom boxes, fifteen to a single family home, etc. Apparently, this particular place is NOT one of the places where a "nice immigration" is taking place. And remember, Dot said that there are fifteen hundred REGISTERED gang members in her county. And how many are there who have not yet been registered by the long arm of the Law? And so, she speaks of her frustrations, and you basically say that she "smacks of racism", and that I jump in and start my

"gangs=illegals" and "illegals=gangs" rants... but that's what Jonny always does.

I mean, come on Tom, I know you have a Mexican wife, and in a way, I envy you for I know what I love about Hispanic women. And I mean that respectfully. No "Jonny Lingo inuendo" intended at all. But really, I am only siding very strongly with Dotmatrix because of her very specific situation where a particular group of illegal aliens have outright destroyed the law abiding and peaceful county where she lives. Not to mention the economic disaster of having her homes' equity destroyed because of this situation.

And I believe that our Federal, State, and Local governments have their hands tied due to the fear of not being politically correct. I believe that The Law should be completely ethnically and totally color blind. I should be every bit as responsible to the Law as anyone else, be they legal ethnic minorities, illegal ethnic minorities, legal non minorities or whoever. Tom, really, I think you have me figured out all wrong, and as an "old friend" here at the GSCafe, I wish you would reconsider your statement that "That is what Jonny always does". I am just excited for Dot to get away from such a scary scene. Peace man....

And Dot, may you find your answer of peace! :wave:

...read an interesting article in the New York Times not that long ago. A couple of studies had been done on crime in areas with a high percentage of new immigrants, including the illegal kind. Seems that first generation folks' neighborhoods had a lower crime rate than might be expected. It wasn't until the second or third generation that the children and grandchildren of immigrants became like that which was around them. If they ended up in an area dominated by gangs, that's what they (in general) became, if they were in an area where educational and advancement opportunities presented themselves, that's what they modelled themselves upon.

Let me see....

If this is as upseting...

There are a bunch of illegal people from Norway living in the woods speaking a language I do not understand. They have illegal paperwork, stolen id's and crime has become so bad that stores are pulling up root and closing. They are coming at a rate of 90 a day! A DAY to this area. Crapping in the woods, stinky, horrible. They sneaked into the country and are taxing the community hospitals etc. They refuse to learn our language and expect us to bend over backwards with free services that rob our Social Ssecurity system

And there are horrid gangs of Australians running around with guns. They hang in neighborhood streets with their loud stupid music, they threaten the home owners and gang paint the homes/fences. They curse and do drugs and we have heard gun shots. A couple of them killed a kid in the neighborhood resturant

And the dang people that came from England are having tail gate parties in their driveway, sreaming, yelling and almost having sex on the lawn. Their non-functioning vehicle decorates the front lawn with an old toliet.

I cannot live like this. They are scum

So, if anyone has any quiet areas please let me know.

Thanks

Hap if I miss read you I am sorry.

I was in the middle of writing this and had to go to a town meeting on the problems.

So, Hap when I mentioned that(paraphrase) I was having problems you gave me a link and I said it wasn't applicable as it was 2004 and it was the state of Georgia. Then, I think you defended your link and information with it being 7% and dismissed what I am telling you I am living througth, it seems you kept repeating it, in the first post you used the stats to say what I said wasn't true.

It ticked me off. You may have been trying to help but it seemed like you were arguing with me about where I live because of something you read. Illegals are not on the radar.

Anyway, you pi ssed me off. And I did not like the lady comment. If you were trying to help me - fine but you seemed to want to KNOW more about where I live than I did.

Enough said

OK Dot, apology accepted, you misread me. As to the "lady" comment, it was directly in response to your "not going to argue with some guy..." nothing more.

I apologize for getting ticked off at that myself, and for my careless response. What had ticked me off was, one, I was not arguing, and, two, the guy comment seemed to me to be a lashing out at me in just the way you were offended by my comment. I retaliated in kind, and should not have done so.

I concur with what Tom S said, I do not have any issue with your right to move for whatever reason you deem is important to you.

I carefully did not mention the state or county you lived in , so as not to identify your location. (I only surmised your state based on the article you posted- other than that, I have no idea where you live.) From the beginning, I thought I was clear that I was referring to STATEWIDE data, not individual cities or counties. the pages offer info (from 2004) for ALL STATES not just the one where what you said was "MY county" is located. None of the links I posted broke down to counties, so I was not attempting to refute your experiences in your particular location. I have absolutely no information, nor seek it, on our particular town or county and did not search for it whatsoever. You have already planned to move from there so it was a moot point. None of my statements were intended to refute your claims in your town.

Previous to me, someone had mentioned the possibility of just moving to somewhere away from where you are, but not necessarily so far that you uproot from your current friends and contacts. I truly was TRYING to reinforce what they had said, with data.

OK, we have both apologized, good luck with your move, and PLEASE research through other venues than just here at GSC, 'K?.

I will say that in Dallas just about all of that crap you are stuck with was compartmentalized pretty well and houses are cheap and I never had a problem finding a job. well, we lived in North Dallas, Richardson and Carrollton. Tons of good restaurants, lots of vets, so-so culture..its there, but you have to dig a little. we have considered going back.

The crap stays pretty much in its own neighborhood...

check out www.realtor.com for house prices.

OK Dot, apology accepted, you misread me. As to the "lady" comment, it was directly in response to your "not going to argue with some guy..." nothing more.

I apologize for getting ticked off at that myself, and for my careless response. What had ticked me off was, one, I was not arguing, and, two, the guy comment seemed to me to be a lashing out at me in just the way you were offended by my comment. I retaliated in kind, and should not have done so.

I concur with what Tom S said, I do not have any issue with your right to move for whatever reason you deem is important to you.

I carefully did not mention the state or county you lived in , so as not to identify your location. (I only surmised your state based on the article you posted- other than that, I have no idea where you live.) From the beginning, I thought I was clear that I was referring to STATEWIDE data, not individual cities or counties. the pages offer info (from 2004) for ALL STATES not just the one where what you said was "MY county" is located. None of the links I posted broke down to counties, so I was not attempting to refute your experiences in your particular location. I have absolutely no information, nor seek it, on our particular town or county and did not search for it whatsoever. You have already planned to move from there so it was a moot point. None of my statements were intended to refute your claims in your town.

Previous to me, someone had mentioned the possibility of just moving to somewhere away from where you are, but not necessarily so far that you uproot from your current friends and contacts. I truly was TRYING to reinforce what they had said, with data.

OK, we have both apologized, good luck with your move, and PLEASE research through other venues than just here at GSC, 'K?.

And hey, I just gotta say that I am totally "heartened" (as opposed to dis-heartened) by the respectful dialogue here. Even when there has been disagreements. Really, I like it when we can agree, disagree, argue and even get somewhat personal. But it has been nice to see that it hasn't been really ugly and full of wicked attacks. I love youz guys, alla youz....

Kevin

I just typed up a whole thing here and it is gone.

Our town meeting had the police, the commisioner and other political types. They said that ATL and the surrounding area absorbed about 30,000 people from the Katrina hurricane. And about 6,000 in our small area. The government bought homes in our areas and made them section 8 housing, many of which have become drug houses, and gang houses. Ther was one girl who was kidnapped and held by a "displaced" family. Many of these -- not all are criminals. The whole family , mother, grandmother and 3 sons were in on this.

The one woman stood up and said that she heads her neighborhood crime watch. She called 911 and said she did not want to give her name. The 911 operator then CALLED the section 8 house (her friends and fellow Katrina people) and told them of the complaint and WHO made it.

The section 8 drug dealers then went to her home and were screaming at her on her lawn -- in what used to be a nice manicured neighborhood. Other neighbors came out and they have it on film and went against the section 8 people and the 911 operator -- it is pending, she fears for her life. AND she cannot sell her house. Do you want to live near section 8 (government subsidized homes with drug dealers and criminals are known to live?) The police said it is America and we cannot stop the section 8 housing from going on. The comissioner said it is eating up any equity in anyone's homes.

The teen population has dramatically increased. And they are hanging in large packs. I mean 20 or so. They will go to an area and not even live there. The police said these are different people moving in. Even when filming the kids doing things the parents are denying it is their -- kid. Why? The police said many of the parents are also criminals.

Another guy called in a break in and it took 4 hours for the poice to come? Why? The homicide and drug rates are increasing.

We heard that Houston and other areas are having the same problems -- those who unknowingly hosted criminals after the hurricane.

One girl was in the stadium while the gangsters were there and was frightened by the storm, abandoned, and hold hostage by the gangs. It was awful -- but now those lunitics are in the burbs. The government putting them next to us and crime is "big city" level.

They will send 36 new police here in a few months.

(We need the armed guard almost)

They caught some of the kids involved with the murder at the restuarant. But that poor 19 year old is still dead.

We now here shots being fired.

In the burbs people -- the bird singing -- drive a long way to work -- burbs.

The police told us "things are changing. Different people are moving here and we cannot stop them. You need to take a stand or move. We hope you don't leave."

Edited by Dot Matrix

It sounds like more Katrina problem than illegal alien problem. There should be some zoning rules for your case. That may be somethig else to consider when you move. Here there are nice communities on the edge of a town of 45,000 that are not incorporated. A recent discussion of an ethanol plant in close proximity to some nice housing made these people realize their exposure, since they had no zoning laws. ... another thing to consider ...

Prior to the government moving people in, it seems you had a great place. You even had immigrant families that were assimilated into the area. The article Oakspear mentioned was interesting, but I think refers mostly to lower class neighborhoods, as far as lower crime rates among recent immigrants. Also I would bet that illegals and recent immigrants are less likely to report crime.

But you seem clear enough about what you want, and not having to think about crime is nice. In my county there was one stolen car all year. In New Orleans I was burglarized, my car stolen, my car broken into, and my car wrecked by an uninsured motorist. I like it here better, though I miss some friends and activities ... and maybe a little bit I miss "the diversity" :) But I can always travel.