GreaseSpot Cafe

The so called keys to power for abundant living

year2027

God first

The so called keys to power for abundant living

04-28-2007

Beloved friends

God loves you my dear friends

I call them "The so called keys to power for abundant living" because they are not any of the true keys to understanding the bible

The first lets talk about in the verse were its was wrote - the are so many if’s in this key

1. If there not a figure of speech in the verse

2. If there not a custom of old in the verse

3. If there not word that meaning has changed over time

the if are ending but I say if you just read while asking Christ in your heart to show you then you will see the heart of the verse

The second key who it is address to

1. Jew

2. Gentile

3. Church of God

but all not bible alone with others books of God wrote to lead us into perfect love or to teach us so we can learn the lesson but I say if you just read while asking Christ in your heart to show you then you will see the heart of the words

context can help at times but it too much work God made things more simple than that

the third key were it was written before

what if it’s a word or verse that can have more than one meaning like the word for that which holds back water or the bad word so of us say

Then there is Greek, Hebrew, and the A. word

Did not V. P. W. Say in PFAL he had to many research books were he was reading around the word but he wants us to bug the Strong’s book then many other

Come on its Christ that teaches us and all we do is point others in the right direction so they can learn to walk by the spirit not fleshly works of research with endless hours for one word

have we become word worshipers or are we God worshipers

this is far as I can go right now

thank you

with love and a holy kiss blowing your way Roy

PS I am putting this here because its about the keys to understand the bible like a Way person in the Way but it could go in doctrine too

have we become word worshipers or are we God worshipers

I was wondering about this.

twi says "magnified His Word above His name"

Is this a biblical statement, what's it mean, and if it is in the bible what's really mean?

God first

Beloved Bolshevik

God loves you my dear friend

what twi says is wrong

you have asked so I had to ask God and his son myself

"magnified His Word above His name" they say

but I say "magnified the heart of the word above Christ name" or in better words

RWP Translation with the help of the spirit in me "magnified that which is in the heart of a person above the person's name"

the true love and the true others fruits of the spirit growing because Christ has join the person

the word is just words it what in the heart of a person that magnifies him or her in Christ

the light comes from the heart

but your answer is there in the bible to

were I do not know

but I think it be on the subject of heart

thank you

Edited by year2027

I'm sure most of us who sat through PFAL remember how this verse was handled.

VPW taught that your "name" represents everything related to you .

Therefore God magnified the Word(considered it more important) above everything else related to Him.

A modern day translation might be that "nothing is more important than the Word"

The problem with this is that it assumes that people in an ancient culture assigned the same significance to the word "name" as VPW said it has in this time we are currently in.

Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. I don't personally know. I don't honestly have the skills and know-how to accurately research that question. I think, though, that to do an honest study of that question, one would have to use an array of tools that were not part of the PFAL class.

Remember the "lambano" example?

It went something like:

Lambano---lamballo ----ballo ----ball ----throw--- throw it out ----throw it outward------manifest----SIT!!!

How's that for a scholarly approach to defining a word? <_<

God first

Beloved waysider

God loves you my dear friend

yes Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't

I don't personally have all the answers either

no I did not recall the "lambano" example?

but I like the way you put it

your heart has blessed me thanks

thank you

I'm sure most of us who sat through PFAL remember how this verse was handled.

VPW taught that your "name" represents everything related to you .

Therefore God magnified the Word(considered it more important) above everything else related to Him.

A modern day translation might be that "nothing is more important than the Word"

The problem with this is that it assumes that people in an ancient culture assigned the same significance to the word "name" as VPW said it has in this time we are currently in.

Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. I don't personally know. I don't honestly have the skills and know-how to accurately research that question. I think, though, that to do an honest study of that question, one would have to use an array of tools that were not part of the PFAL class.

Remember the "lambano" example?

It went something like:

Lambano---lamballo ----ballo ----ball ----throw--- throw it out ----throw it outward------manifest----SIT!!!

How's that for a scholarly approach to defining a word? <_<

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that connecting "lambano" to "ball" by

completely changing the word

(hey, even one letter changes "chump" to "champ", "desert" to "dessert", or "descent" to "decent"...)

and thinking the word somehow remains connected.

The truly bizarre thing for me was seeing that BULLINGER pulled that one.

It's in the Greek Lexicon.

The same explanation is used, and it STILL makes no sense.

Is this a biblical statement, what's it mean, and if it is in the bible what's really mean?

Bolshevik - the only thing I can offer is that I was taught that the orientalism is that if you know a person's name you have "power" over them

That's why Jesus is spoken of in Revelation as "no man knows his name" or something close to that.

Not sure that helps - but I'm sure that you need to go to the culture to figure that verse out,

God first

Beloved Bolshevik and WordWolf and doojable

Bolshevik - I hope you get the answer to the rest because I am not sure been to long

its allways good to see you WordWolf

doojable guess you were written as I was

thank you

Edited by year2027

It is a Biblical statement. It's found in Psalm 138:2- "I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." I vaguely recall some analogy about the way we in this day and time sign a check or a contract, but I could be making that up, as it sounds remarkably like private interpretation.

Roy -- I have to ask -- (honest question here)

What is the RWP Translation????

Thanks for letting us know. :)

what twi says is wrong

but I say "magnified the heart of the word above Christ name" or in better words

RWP Translation with the help of the spirit in me "magnified that which is in the heart of a person above the person's name"

God first

Beloved Jeaniam and dmiller

thanks Jeaniam - Psalm 138:2

dmiller - sorry I been watching TV - yes she did give it before you - RWP is when I write my own translation from what I feel it should read because I have all ways believe there were verses for that statement - Roy William Perry translation do we have and DM translations on any verse I hope we have a David Miller translation from time to time

which only what we think its telling us

your welcome but do not believe asked your spirit inside you if I have heard my spirit right

maybe I could only handle a small part of the meaning and you will see another part and together we can get a better understanding

yes it is a honest question

thank you

What's the rest of this vpw quote?

"The Word is not an aid to devotion! It's a.."

Anyone know?

I don't remember the exact wording but I remember the context in which it was presented.

Early in the PFAL class, VPW is talking about how people read around the Word and about The Word but often fail to actually read The Word itself. He talks about how various denominations use what are known as "daily devotionals", known also as "aids to devotion". Some of these devotionals are free standing and some are cummulative in the way they are presented.

These are sections of scripture that you make your theme for the day. Wierwille ridiculed this approach and said we should let the Holy Spirit( or was that *holy spirit*?) dictate what we read,study and teach. Obviously, this programmed approach is exactly what became the norm in TWI as time progressed and everything became tightly controlled.

So to partially answer your question, he was not saying that The Word is not helpful as an aid to your devotion, he was saying that The Word is not an "aid to devotion">(ie: a prepackaged lesson plan)

I no longer have my PFAL book(Funny story there) but maybe someone who does can help you a bit more.

Edited by waysider

what twi says is wrong

the true love and the true others fruits of the spirit growing because Christ has join the person

the word is just words it what in the heart of a person that magnifies him or her in Christ

the light comes from the heart

Roy, that is absolutely beautiful and so true. TWI has it all wrong. You, my friend, have it all right. :love3:

TWI uses the "he has magnified his word above his name" to justify and excuse their worship of head knowledge, Greek, private interpretation and using scriptures to control people over the actual worship and praise of God to the exclusion of not really practicing or living anything taught in the Bible.

God first

Beloved waysider, Kevlar2000, and Belle

God loves you all my dear dear friends

waysider, Kevlar2000 - thanks allways

Belle I am glad you liked it and yes twi is into controling people while God is into loving us all

thank you all