GreaseSpot Cafe

Last exam for the semester this morning

Ham

Congratulations, Hameroni!

Good luck, Freeatlast!

We had our last classes this week, with finals next week. This means that several pounds of essays are coming in to be graded next week. I just gave back several pounds of the things yesterday. The nice thing about a university is that it runs in cycles, and this one's winding down. Wheeeeeew.

Happy Summer, everybody!!!

My, aren't we a scholarly bunch!

My last final was this Wednesday. Whew!! Seven classes this year plus full-time work... too, too much. I'll be cutting back to two classes a semester starting this fall. I've forgotten what sleep and a clean house are like!!

What are you-all studying to be when you grow up?

I don't want to grow up, I wanna be a Toy's R' Us kid,

:biglaugh:

well, the curriculum should lead to a degree in mathmatics and chemistry.

I need to add a few courses in computer science however.

I don't want to grow up, I wanna be a Toy's R' Us kid,

:biglaugh:

well, the curriculum should lead to a degree in mathmatics and chemistry.

I need to add a few courses in computer science however.

what type of chemistry?

just general chemistry. I have a major in math, a minor in chemistry. If I was rich, I would major in chemistry, math and physics and see where it all took me.

I've had everything up to Organic I and II. The university I transferred to requires three more credits in chemistry. My last class in this curriculum will be physical chemistry with no lab.

Edited by Mr. Hammeroni

The physical chemistry is math based. Lots of stuff about modeling reactions with differential equations and such. I think I will like it. If I only had three or four more lifetimes..

But that is not part of the agreement.. oh well.

:)

Congratulations, Hameroni!

Good luck, Freeatlast!

We had our last classes this week, with finals next week. This means that several pounds of essays are coming in to be graded next week. I just gave back several pounds of the things yesterday. The nice thing about a university is that it runs in cycles, and this one's winding down. Wheeeeeew.

Happy Summer, everybody!!!

And why did I switch from pure math to math ed. It sounds like a teacher never gets rid of the stress of finals. lol Hang in there as you get those papers graded.

Highway, I am Math ed and CIS right now. But I am changing the CIS part since I have been programming for 17 years and am getting out of it. I like the work but not the stress, nor do I like the fact that I am making corporate america rich so I am trading the CIS for physics and will teach that as well. What are you trying to be when you grow up? lol

I feel your pain. I had 14 credit hours this semester and dropped one class to whittle it down to 11. I was afraid that I would lose my scholarships but I didn't. So I have to have a minimum of 12 hours a semester to keep them. Hence even though I would rather do 2 or 3 I keep a full load work full time and raise those 3 kids. Man I will be glad when I finally graduate and can get in the school system.

Edited by FreeAtLast

I think you may have left whatever "it" was for education for a good reason. I would LOVe to teach math. Or even just tutor.

In a weird kinda way, I think I got back on the bus..

Yep, 2 (3) unit classes at the local college for me also. These were in Internet technology. Mostly learning Dreamweaver 8 and Flash 8. Very challenging. Plus my full time distribution business. Plus I passed the real estate broker's test right before the semester started. This summer I will be taking commercial real estate appraisal. I figure one of these days I am going to be smart, but I sure aint there yet. And hopefully I will be using my real estate license in the near future while representing clients.

And anyone that has not already answered this. What classes are you other students taking? And NotInKansas, what classes do you teach?

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

The physical chemistry is math based. Lots of stuff about modeling reactions with differential equations and such. I think I will like it. If I only had three or four more lifetimes..

But that is not part of the agreement.. oh well.

Well if your good at math you can go into and understand just about anything I think. I'm just finishing up my P-Chem sequence and it seems like I've learned more about math than chemistry. :confused:

yeah, keep those math skills honed.

I think you may have left whatever "it" was for education for a good reason. I would LOVe to teach math. Or even just tutor.

In a weird kinda way, I think I got back on the bus..

So hammer man are you going to do some teaching. I like tutoring too, but my autistic student is a bit of a challenge. He has aspberger's (sp) syndrome and he is soooo disrespectful. One more session with him before the school year is over. I used to enjoy tutoring him but after 2 years of being told to zip it and having to suck it up I am ready to be done with that job.

I used to enjoy the challenge he presented but now that he is comfortable with me he has gotten very disrespectful of me and my time. His mom lets him get away with the behavior and he ocassionally will raise his hand to her. I wonder what she allows him to do when I am gone.

Well enough of that rant. I enjoy all my other students, and glad I didn't select to teach special ed.

Great grades Ham man. Way to go I got an A in geometry a B in Physics. The verdict is still out on my ed class but since I have had 100 % on all my assignments thus far I figure no matter what it will be an A. That B in physics is one I squeaked out. I failed the second test because I was taking steroids for what ails me and I couldn't pull the info out of my brain so it's truly a miracle that I eeked out that B.