GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Music

Sudo

King Okie teaching about color would be the equivalent of Helen Keller teaching on How to Cut Hair.

I'm still laughing about this!!!! :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: That Okie knew NOTHING about music. When I was on Staff, he liked to hook up with J*e C*ulter for staff dances. They called themselves DJ Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prez. :rolleyes: They NEVER played anything worth dancing to. Those dances were soooooooo boring. Then everyone would send the MOG a thank you note telling him how much fund they had while murmuring that the music sucked. :rolleyes:

Edited by Nottawayfer

I agree with the dances. They were horrible. It got so bad they made us dance to "the singing ladies music". What the hell was that about.

RG- as most have said the talent was there and the musicians were generally very good. It's too bad the ministry suppressed a lot of their hearts by driving over every song they wrote with a bulldozer and running the crap out it them.

I used to write many songs but the ministry sucked the life right out of my heart. Hoping to get that back someday.

From the last time I attended a "do", it was the same music.... and the one before that, and the one before that. Didn't even change the order of the songs...

I can't even listen to "Unforgettable" anymore. Heard it toooo many times.

Anyone get the last album put out?

Don't worry if you didn't, same songs as the last 5.

Yeah, Dooj, we all knew it was from Willie's original GOOD song. :)

How about the classic, "Wash My Feet in the Blood of the Wicked"? That was sheer genius. <_<

Just the lyrics of some of the songs are sickening to think about:

"We're not gonna drag those who kick and scream"

I saw K*n Mc C*w one time in someone's living room - the guy had more talent in his pinkie than VPW or LCM had in their wildest perverted dreams.

The same goes for the rest of Joyful Noise.

Edited by doojable

OK guys.. next song.

Remember this one? Then when did you leave?? Click <a href=http://sudo2u.com/littlegirl.mp3><B><font color=red>HERE!</font></B></a>

<center>sudo</center>

It's Brian Bliss. We left in 1994 (or were booted out), but Brian recently released a C.D. called 'Sons Of God and Electrified' that has some really great music on it. And BTW, Good Seed has re-released their music on C.D.s for those of us who remember the 70's.

I have only positive memories when it comes to the music of the Way. The music I listened to over the 10 years in the Way really ministered to my heart and helped heal me and build me up. Joyful Noise released "America Awakes" came on the scene shortly after I took PFAL. I listened to it every morning before going to classes during my senior year in college. "Wake up America" woke me up to patriotism. Brian Bliss singing, We are sons of God with power... empowered me and gave me confidence in God's ability to protect and bless me on a daily basis. Then my apprenticeship year, with every Sunday night service tape, I looked forward to hearing "Glad Tidings" songs. I felt so encouraged and comforted by the heart in their music. Both groups were so rich in musical ability and talent than most people never even noticed.

Who could forget "Rockin at the Rock" jams with Skip Mesquite on Sax.

In residence, I got to see Glad Tidings on a regular basis. and I looked forward to hearing them play more than hearing the teachings. I was disappointed when they left Emporia. Those guys had rock star status in my eyes. They were still awesome without Vickie Allen. Hey, Vickie, Sleeper and Ana...Wow (no pun intended).

My last year in residence, David Bailey was perhaps the most charismatic christian musician on the planet. He could move a crowd like no one else. When he picked up his guitar, well...what an anointing he carried. I would love to see him play anytime, anywhere.

I had the privilege of spending a few years working with and knowing my brother, "Kenneth". No one had their finger on the pulse of christian music like he did.

The Way music didn't move because of VP, it moved because of Ken.

I have no bitterness or judgmental notes to share about the Way music . I only have fondness for the music and the brothers and sisters that ministered to me for ten years.

Edited by Son of the Master

I LOVED the music .... still do. It didn`t matter who sang what style, I enjoyed it.

Each song ministered to my heart, each inspired me in a way that the dry boring teachings never did (course that was BEFORE singing ladies of the way....THAT was a treat I missed) ;)

Edited by rascal

I loved America Awakes, Stevie Kay and Billy Falcon and "My Life's Dream" was an all time favorite. Used it alot in witnessing. WTG 70's.

Edited by 1 john 3:1

I never heard any of the old music while I was in TWI. As people left the ministry they quit playing their music and they definitely quit selling it in the bookstore and we were "encouraged" to throw out the music we did have.

I had some country-like music on a couple of tapes and a tape of another guy who was pretty good, can't remember who they are now, though. I was told to throw them away because the people were "cop outs" and the music wouldn't be spiritually healthy to listen to. :huh:

Enclosed are the copyright dates for Acts 29/Bob Stanley music due to production they may have run over to the next year for release but I think they were mostly the same year. Except God First I believe was released maybe in 1987 it missed the 87 bookstore catalog but made the 88 one.

"Acts 29", by Bob Stanley, 1983

"Ready for Anything", by Bob Stanley and Acts 29, 1984

"It's Hot", by Acts 29 1985.

"God First," by Acts 29. 1986

Belle,

How was that supposed to work about the songs not being spiritually healthy *now* but they were just fine when produced? Did anyone ever explain that? Be that as it.. here's one before your time that I think was so popular that it wasn't cast into the Uncle Harry day bonfires. Click HERE!

sudo

Sudo- I will explain it you..

In LCMs efforts to CLEAN THE Household of the Way, he chose to tell everyone that the OLD STUFF,books and music didnt apply to the Way International..During ADV.Class, He PROCLAIMED "THere is a Sirit of Wierwillism" around...since everything carrys something, it was slowly brought to our attention to remove items from our belongings..

Likeaneagle,

Its been a long time so "way speak" that was once clear to me is now harder for me to understand. LCM said what??? These songs picked up debbil spirits all by themselves once the singers copped out? And you could get possessed by just listening??

sudo

More memories...

One of the great songwriters was Dan Moran. "Man from Galilee" has to be my all time favorite. In the late 80's, I was painting a house for a wealthy music producer in Santa Monica. One day, he was walking around wearing a TAKIT T-shirt. We started talking an he told me how he knew Dan and he told me a story how he knew Dan in Michigan and that he turned down a record contract back in the days. Anyway, Dan's love for God came across in every song. I was always impressed with Dan AND Randi. Wonderful people.

Also, the Spirit of God moved when Tim Stiles played. He sang with authority and heart. I frequently heard the 6th Corps music tape in 76-77. My twig leader was interim corps and she played that tape 24 hours ALL YEAR LONG. :confused:

Edited by Son of the Master

I remember Good Seed, Joyful Noise, Pressed Down, Takit. I almost always teared up when Claudette R. sang Amazing Grace.

What I don't remember was any worship songs. None of the songs that I remember were addressed directly to God, or duh, to Jesus. It could be that I just don't remember them. Does anyone remember any songs addressed directly to God?

Well, not addressed TO God...but like from God to us....Bob Stanly`s *I love you* song is my all time favorite.

It was sung as if God was talking directly to us....... I remember listening to that song non stop ...trying to believe it when I felt I was the most horrible scum on the planet...that I couldn`t go on...Listening to it helped pull me through some of my darkest hours.

Sorry ....that wasn`t the question asked I guess.

Edited by rascal