GreaseSpot Cafe

Barry Bonds

griffp

:offtopic:

Yeah dish on the little leaguer (sp)

Home runs are fun but baseball is about the games within the game. That is why Tim McCarver does the best analysis.

Back to Bonds, I actually knew his dad Bobby, he would most likely be prouder if Barry got a few more golden gloves and a lot more stolen bases.

My son played HS basketball and was a kind of jock, don't believe for one minute that the steroid thing didn't filter down to that level.

I grew up in the Bronx 6 blocks from Yankee Stadium, could here the cheers from my apartment.

I love baseball but man I am really sick with the state of the game. Maybe we should just open the borders so to speak. Let Rose in the Hall. Crown Barry the hr king. Take the * off Roger's record and lower ticket prices. While I'm at it we should put a muzzle on Curt, give Randy a wheel chair to come in from the bullpen and make Jose the new commissioner.

Rambling: but the real change in Baseball would come if congress just took away the Anti Trust exemption. There would be a major league team in every burg.

Tim McCarver does good analysis, but-

He tells you what he thinks-

then he tells you again-

in case you missed it he tells you again-

after the other guy replies, he tells you again-

If he only knew how to edit himself he'd be listenable

Yeah dish on the little leaguer

Im not dishin

I'd take Mackie or any little league game over 10 Barry Bonds anyday of the week,

Those guys are extremely lucky to make their living playing a GAME, and still crap all over it, little leaguers play because they love it.

Bonds could learn alot of things from your average 11 year old

I say that when Bonds is within a homer or two of Aaron's record that he should be beaned every time he comes up. And, assuming he's not unconscious, bean him again at first base. (I always thought intentional walks were a waste of three pitches.)

George

Edited by GeorgeStGeorge

I love baseball but man I am really sick with the state of the game. Maybe we should just open the borders so to speak. Let Rose in the Hall. Crown Barry the hr king. Take the * off Roger's record and lower ticket prices. While I'm at it we should put a muzzle on Curt, give Randy a wheel chair to come in from the bullpen and make Jose the new commissioner.

Rambling: but the real change in Baseball would come if congress just took away the Anti Trust exemption. There would be a major league team in every burg.

Some excellent ideas there... was at the Big Unit's last outing (Weds, at the BOB). He pitched 6 outstanding innings... then quickly fell apart in the 7th... and I do mean quickly. He won't go to the bullpen (IMO). He's no longer in it for the money... heck, he's got more money than God now. No, he keeps flinging them baseballs hoping to get to 300 wins.

I'm with you 150% on muzzling Curt... who doesn't limit his "outspokenness" to the subject of baseball.

awwwwww thanks for asking !!!!!!

he is catcher this year and doing a mighty fine job

plus he hit 2 homeruns so far, and when he hit one at our field, he got free food from the snack bar !!!!! mozzarella sticks !!!!!

i'll get pictures. i have a digital camera - must read instructions - now that's i've had it a year-and-a-half !!

love, ex

I say that when Bonds is within a homer or two of Aaron's record that he should be beaned every time he comes up. And, assuming he's not unconscious, bean him again at first base. (I always thought intentional walks were a waste of three pitches.)

George

LOL I appreciate your productivity ...

where's that guy Tonya Harding's hubby hired?

I almost accidently hit Nancy Kerrigan in an icestorm a few weeks after that event (another story for someother time) thankfully I missed and didnt make the news along with whatshisname...

As far as Schilling goes--well ---he can sometimes be insightful, and sometimes he can be annoying, but whether people agree with him or not. it was sort of refreshing to hear someone from baseball say something, since Selig has gone into his guarded underground bunker and wont utter a peep aboiut anything and seems totally lost as to what is happening....Too bad Bart Giamatti isnt still around.

BUT..BUT..BUT...most importantly

figure out that damn camera Excie (mine takes vids!) keep us posted and get some pics up here

:)

let him know he has a national fan base too!

Love you too

I'd love to talk with your Yankee fan Brothers ( especially now, when the Sox are up 7 games :biglaugh::wink2: ) We have a lot to talk about...

and keep mackie in shape -- we'll be needing a catcher up here for the 2017 season, he'll get a lot more than mozzarella sticks

• 2 months later...

I didn't realize A-Rod will be passing 500 homers this season? I guess I don't care if Barry breaks the record, because how many players will break the record again in the coming years?