GreaseSpot Cafe

Mrs. Wierwille's Poodle

J0nny Ling0

I heard a stow-ree once about Mrs. Wierwille's poodle. No doubt I have the name of said dog wrong, but I think it's name was "Cocoa". Correct me if wrong. But, the story I heard was that one day, while VP was hanging out with the good old boys in the Maintenance shop, he made the comment (and this is a paraphrase-I heard this long ago); "Ya know, I hate that damned poodle of Dotsies. If that damned thing just disappeared one day, I wouldn't mind it at all". And sure enough, like one of David's soldiers getting him a drink from a well guarded by Saul's soldiers, "Cocoa" disappeared.

And so, is there any truth to this? Does anybody know the details? I heard it from a reputable source, my LC who thought it funny. I didn't, and told him that I thought it a mean thing to do to Mrs. Wierwille. But, he was of the "cat hater" mentality, and just thought it funny, as well as noble for those listening to the "suggestion of a general, which was tantamount to a command". Anybody know anything about this?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, I heard this way back in 1984. And so, it wasn't like I just heard it years after VP was gone and years after the collapse of TWI. Anyway, it did make an interesting story at that time. Me, I could never just take some dog out and kill it, drown it, whatever. No matter what the reason. But there are some pretty callous guys out there. I guess the only time I could do that would be if the dog was rabid or grievously and irreairably injured.

Anyhoo, thanks for the replies. Let's see if anyone else heard this one. One of you did anyway...

Edited by Jonny Lingo

However, I heard this way back in 1984. And so, it wasn't like I just heard it years after VP was gone and years after the collapse of TWI. Anyway, it did make an interesting story at that time. Me, I could never just take some dog out and kill it, drown it, whatever. No matter what the reason. But there are some pretty callous guys out there. I guess the only time I could do that would be if the dog was rabid or grievously and irreairably injured.

Anyhoo, thanks for the replies. Let's see if anyone else heard this one. One of you did anyway...

Jonny,

If I can be completely candid with you...I saw this post title and opened it more out of amazement and sheer unbelief.

On the whole I ignore most of what I see here because I believe it is a total waste of time, heart, energy and life.

DO you realize that you are referring to an event you heard about almost 23 years ago and asking for confirmation now in the year 2007?

I know this probably sounds harsh, insensitive and judgemental but I beg of you Jonny why even ask/care to ask/ think about this/ or waste 1 brain cell considering this.

What does it matter to you and your life TODAY?

Please close the chapter to a book that is no longer in print and move on with your life with ALL that is in you.

Really man what profit is it to you or anyone else to pursue such questions.

I hope you won't take offense but really consider what I am trying to convey to you.

Thanks

I dunno.. I've woken up in the middle of the night, twenty five years after some unresolved issue.

Truth indeed was so much stranger than fiction that I was relieved that somebody else saw it..

:biglaugh:

Oh, hello Johnny. Nice to see you around again.

ooooh Frisco,

You've done it now, dude. You've exposed yourself as a TWI apologist and that gets you few folks to take up for you when TWI was so evil to them. Here's what was telling about your post..

Re:"Really man what profit is it to you or anyone else to pursue such questions."

Profit?? Maybe trying to warn those checking out TWI here at Greasespot what the cult is all about perhaps? Maybe trying to get some mental healing from the abuse they suffered? But I think you're trying to say something else by reading between the lines, Frisco.

I think you might be trying to say that those things happened long ago.. in OLD TWI. But now we're in new and improved TWI and those old matters don't matter today. They are old wine skins or some such, right? And if so.. why hasn't the BOD apologized for the abuses inflicted by their predecessors?

sudo

I hope you won't take offense but really consider what I am trying to convey to you.

Thanks

Frisco, really man, I'm fine. I am not trying to dig up "dirt". In fact, I enjoyed most of my time in The Way, and really dug my time in the 10th Corps. In fact, I am probably referred to as a "Way Apologist" by many here. All I wanted to do is see if there was any truth to that story. Thanks for your concern Brother... :)

I defnitely was not trying to warn anyone of anything, as Sudo suggests...

Peace :)

And nice to see you too Mr. Hamm...

Jonny,

If I can be completely candid with you...I saw this post title and opened it more out of amazement and sheer unbelief.

On the whole I ignore most of what I see here because I believe it is a total waste of time, heart, energy and life.

DO you realize that you are referring to an event you heard about almost 23 years ago and asking for confirmation now in the year 2007?

I know this probably sounds harsh, insensitive and judgemental but I beg of you Jonny why even ask/care to ask/ think about this/ or waste 1 brain cell considering this.

Please close the chapter to a book that is no longer in print and move on with your life with ALL that is in you.

Thanks

Just for that, I'm going to start a thread about Rosilie's cats! :evildenk:

Jonny,

Thanks

Taking this Wierwille-wannabees 'candidness', and running it thru my Official Bulls**t Detector and Translator:
Pay no attention to the scum behind the curtain!
Edited by GarthP2000

Taking this Wierwille-wannabees 'candidness', and running it thru my Official Bulls**t Detector and Translator:

These forums are meant to be a place of discussion, where ideas and debates are encouraged. We welcome your opinion.

In that light, please be courteous to fellow posters. Disagree all you want, but respect the fact that someone else may feel as strongly about their ideas as you do about your own. Please don't make it personal. A lively discussions of ideas is both more polite and more relevant.

Our forums cover many topics from religious to political. While we are not a religious site, we do embrace discussions in this area.

All are welcome here. However, harassing behavior will result in being banned from the forums. There is no need for personal attacks. If you have a specific problem with a poster, settle it outside of the forum. Threads of that nature will be deleted or sent to the Soap Opera Forum.

Hmmmm it is amazing to find that my opinion places me into the realm of a Wierwille -wannabees LOL and also some kind of TWI proponent of which I am neither Thank you Garth (Pay no attention to the scum behind the curtain!)and Sudo (You've exposed yourself as a TWI apologist) for revealing your true colors...WOW amazing what can be brought to light here by expressing your opinion and the judgements people try to place upon you. Sudo how arogant for you to assume you know anything about me and yes right people are recieving healing hear by discussing some womans' poodle and what happened to it 25 years ago. Please don'tbother to respond because I have no desire to communicate with someone who is so biased and prejudiced and thinks they are God on a stick and can judge others so harshly...pull your head out of your a**hole before you attempt to sniff mine out please..THANK YOU

Edited by friscoguy05

I cant verify that story, but for what its worth (if anything) I do have a video of Wierwille teaching at the big tent during Living Victoriously.

Wierwille is pontificating about some point or another, stops, gets a funny look on his face and says' Thats a damn dog barking!"

He goes back to teaching for about 15 seconds, looks up again with an odd look and says

"Chris Geer shoot that dog!"

starts laughing, then goes back to teaching.

Whether anything became of it I dont know, but I do have it on video.

maybe some techie can explain to me how to get it on youtube

Edited by mstar1

Funny post Friscoguy

First you quote

....., please be courteous to fellow posters....
Then comes:
I have no desire to communicate with someone who is so biased and prejudiced and thinks they are God on a stick and can judge others so harshly...pull your head out of your a**hole before you attempt to sniff mine out

Hellooo!

is there anybody in there?

just knock if you can hear me...

What do you care if Jonny wants to verify a story anyway

and who are you to tell him to drop it, its none of your business

Funny post Friscoguy

First you quote

Then comes:

Hellooo!

is there anybody in there?

just knock if you can hear me...

What do you care if Jonny wants to verify a story anyway

and who are you to tell him to drop it, its none of your business

LOL get your facts straight buddy

never told jonny to do anything...made a suggestion

its my business because this is a publiuc forum

"is there anybody in there" fantastic example of courtesy

as to my comment for Sudo to pull his head out of his a**hole nothing discourteous about encouraging him to see more clearly (and probably smell better too :-)

WOW so many people want to argue around here I wonder if it has to do with the missing pooodle Jonny is trying to locate

So

Is there anybody in there?

info supplied to this point implies that it is questionable

........buddy

looks a helluva lot more like a roving ball of irrational and misdirected anger than an anybody from here

Edited by mstar1

Why is something that might have happened 25 years ago important to resolve today?

Because every question answered, every thought laid to rest, every issue resolved, is one more piece we can never think about again.

As long as it is still a question, hanging there... well, it is going to keep popping up in our minds asking for an answer.

--------------------

I got involved in twi in 1982. I never once saw Mrs. with a dog of any kind, nor heard her speak of having a dog. But I've also learned of many things said and done before my time, so it is quite possible she did have a dog.

I do know that the security guys routinely shot (with a gun, as in dead, killed) the barn cats when there were too many because they were feral and too hard to round up and wouldn't make a good pet even if they did.

Ya Know, here's what I find interesting.

Initial poster asks for clarification of an old rumour.

One poster wants to know how/if Wierwille could callously abuse an animal.

Another wants to know how/if he could callously abuse his wife by virtue of the animal abuse.

Another wonders why anyone would care because it was so long ago.

And yet another wonders how/if any of these rumours have persisted for so long.

All valid responses, to one degree or another,at least in my opinion.

As for myself, I would like to know why people jumped at his every whim as if everything he said had been delivered by

divine revelation.

It's kinda creepy, from where I see it, especially after seeing the show on Jonestown recently.

Kill the poodle, drink the kool-aid, what's the difference?

It's all blind obedience to satisfy and placate the MOG.

That is, if the rumour is true.

"Chris Geer shoot that dog!"

did that man have a gun ? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

what a buncha losers. wierwille.... geer.....

if i had a poodle, i'd sic it on them ! ha !

what some people might not understand is something like this would show how cruel veepee really was

but then again there are mannnnnnnnny other examples

ps. remember dotsie said at his funeral he was a "mean man"

pps. sprawled out, that was funny

Edited by excathedra

So

Is there anybody in there?

info supplied to this point implies that it is questionable

........buddy

looks a helluva lot more like a roving ball of irrational and misdirected anger than an anybody from here

irrational??

misdirected anger???

WOW WOwee even ...have you looked in the mirror lately

you are now invisible to me ...so go kick your dog or something mstar1 ...if assaulting/insulting helps you gety your rocks off..

refuse to play your illogical verbal game any further