GreaseSpot Cafe

Shrek the Third

Shrek the Third is, as you've guessed, the third movie of the Disney/Dreamworks series on Shrek. It was just released this weekend, I believe, and is riding the coattails of the previous Shrek movies. This one has more than the usual household names giving voice to the cartoon charaters - even Justin Timberlake is in on this one. But it doesn't make up for the fact that the storyline is more cliche than ever, if not tired this time around. It was amusing and entertaining but did tend to drag in places and there was some pointlessness to some of the characters that were introduced, like Merlin. There were pleanty of "adult" jokes - the kind of thing you needed to live some life before you'd understand the funny behind it, but overall it's not the best of the three Shrek movies. There were also some suprises in the soundtrack which made it interesting - who would have thought they'd hear Led Zepplin's "Immigrant Song" in a Disney movie?

It's probably with the cost of admission - especially if it's a matinee. But don't expect a lot of bang for your buck.

• 3 weeks later...

It was OK. I was a bit upset that the babies weren't in the movie longer, only a few minutes at the very end (besides one other point in the movie I won't mention). The kids seemed to enjoy it, although my youngest grew bored near the final 30 minutes of the movie after all of her popcorn and candy was gone. :nono5:

My kids loved the Led Zeppelin song! They sang it for days. We came home and DH found it on the puter and played it for them over and over. lol!