GreaseSpot Cafe

2007 Weenie Roast

bowtwi

Rumblings of another annual Great Southern Comfort and Weenie Roast are being noised about the Cafe.

Let's start planning so whoever wants to attend, can. How about that same place we met last year in KY? Those were really nice cabins and seemed like a good place to go back to again. There were few enough of us there last year it'd be like a whole new experience, kinda sorta, hey!

Or what about that place the Sudo family noticed on the way home from last year's Roast?

My family's up for either any weekend in August or September.

Rascal? Hawk? Sudo? Suda? Anyone else?

I hear Paw's bringing the bacon.

Rumblings of another annual Great Southern Comfort and Weenie Roast are being noised about the Cafe.

Let's start planning so whoever wants to attend, can. How about that same place we met last year in KY? Those were really nice cabins and seemed like a good place to go back to again. There were few enough of us there last year it'd be like a whole new experience, kinda sorta, hey!

Or what about that place the Sudo family noticed on the way home from last year's Roast?

My family's up for either any weekend in August or September.

Rascal? Hawk? Sudo? Suda? Anyone else?

I hear Paw's bringing the bacon.

There's also been talk of it being near ArkieRon's place, so if folks have a preference on location, it behooves us to start planning so we can get reservations!

I can already hear grilling and sizzling! Yay!

Not Columbus Day like in previous years?

So far -- August is definitely out for me.

I'd love to actually ATTEND one of these for once. :)

Meebe this year it will finally happen.

:spy:

Well David, that's the point of this thread is to find out when and where folks would like to meet this year. It's fine with me if most the Weenies want it Columbus Day weekend. I usually rent a cabin, so that'd be fine with me.

Are you suggesting Columbus Day weekend? Would you come if it was then?

Bow,

Speaking of cabins... what's the cabin situation at Ron's place? I liked Ky fine, too. As far as time of year preference, I would prefer it in the Fall so its not boiling hot. However, it was comfortable last year even though it was August.

sudo

If its at Ron's maybe we can have a chili cookoff or something.....(notice I said "we")

Now that is a separate issue from the Texas bruhaha we still want to repeat.

So many parties, so little time.... :beer::drink::spy::dance::biglaugh:

Think it was Land Between The Lakes we saw on the way home. Lots closer for Bow, bit further for Little Hawk and Rascal. Littlehawk, was that the name of the place you and Corey said to check out? Y'all have been there before. Give us the scoop, please.

Suda

Well David, that's the point of this thread is to find out when and where folks would like to meet this year. It's fine with me if most the Weenies want it Columbus Day weekend. I usually rent a cabin, so that'd be fine with me.

Are you suggesting Columbus Day weekend? Would you come if it was then?

Hey there Bow. :)

Seems like every time I've said I'll come down in the past coupla years,

some emergency at the group home happens that keeps me here,

and thus making the happening a non-happening thing for me.

You all figure out the time and place -- but for once I have some *fore-knowledge*.

As of now -- two of our staff are going to be gone though out August, and into September

They're both going on two different VENTURES TRAVEL TRIPS.

One of them goes to Memphis, and the other to Hawaii --

both helping take care of the others signed up to go.

And I guess I agree with Sudo. Cooler weather sounds nice to me as well,

though Columbus Day was merely a date I remember from the past,

as being THE weekend.

I've never attended - but want to tell you all about a place we've done John's family reunions in Kentucky.

It's called "The Moors". It's on Kentucky Lake and is fairly inexpensive. There are things to do - boat rentals, etc. It will be lovely there in Autumn.

Just a suggestion...

:thinking: