GreaseSpot Cafe

"holy thing"

I haven’t been feeling well lately. I have rheumatoid arthritis. One joint that is affected is at the base of my neck in my spine. There is a spur growing there. I am only 53. This joint is currently swollen and my left arm is numb. If this continues for any length of time, I will lose the use of my left arm. It will atrophe. So, I am asking for positive thoughts if not prayer. Whether you agree with my posts or not, I could sure use anything positive you would care to direct my way. Just as a human being.

If you don’t have arthritis, then you don’t know. When it hits, it feels like an icepick in the joint. In addition, you feel like you have the flu. I am not whining. I would just appreciate support. Please know I am willing to pray for you as well, and do this already.

Thanking you in advance,

Deb

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just stopping in to say I am much, much better. My choices were, get the swelling down or surgery. I wasn't excited about the 2nd one. Ignoring it wasn't an option.

Thanks so much for your prayers, Mark, and any others.

Be back soon on this thread.

Deb

I would have prayed for you if I had been aware of the problem. I'm certainly glad you're feeling better. I'm back and ready to resume. BTW we had a great time in Washington D.C.

I would have prayed for you if I had been aware of the problem. I'm certainly glad you're feeling better. I'm back and ready to resume. BTW we had a great time in Washington D.C.

That's sweet, Jean. Tell us about your vacation. Do you have any cool pictures you'd like to post?

Who was Jesus while on earth?

First off we know he was holy at conception.

He had fantastic ability. That is, he walked on water, vanished into thin air from the Pharisees that wanted to kill him, and performed amazing miracles.

Other things:

1. He could ask God for angels: Mat 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

2. He had the authority to forgive sins: Mat 9:6 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house.

3. He had life in himself: Jhn 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself.

4. He had the authority of judgment: Jhn 5:27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man

5. He had authority over sickness and devils: Luk 4:36 And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word [is] this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.

6. He had the authority to give it to others: Luk 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Here is something interesting:

Jhn 5:19 Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

Jhn 5:20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

Jhn 5:21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth [them]; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

Jhn 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Jhn 5:23 That all [men] should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Jhn 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

I’ve read these verses many, many times and just let it sink in. (Actually I’ve been all over the gospels doing this). The picture I am starting to get is: let’s say I have a son and I am a wealthy person with great resources. I then would bestow to my son all that I have and give him access to it. I would teach him all I could. I would by sheer biology give him my genetic makeup.

Verses 19 and 20 above are saying to me that Jesus wasn’t making up his own rules, but following the example of God’s nature and God was revealing that to him. What God does, he showed to Jesus. God gave Jesus the ability to carry it out. “If you’ve seen me, you’ve seen the Father.” He was a reflection of God. He had the resources and authority God had given him. He was given authority of judgment so that God no longer judges man, Jesus does. He was holy.

He was a man. He was also literally the Son of God.

That's an accurate summation of what we established on the thread. It was great to get various people's viewpoints on the subject. I, at least, learned a lot.

We had a good vacation, thanks for asking. We saw most of the tourist attractions in Washington (Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial, etc.). We saw the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers (very moving). We also had the privilege of going on a staff-led tour of the Capitol building. We missed out on the White House (which now takes up to four months to arrange through your Congressperson), but all in all, we had a very good time.