GreaseSpot Cafe

GS live on talkshoe

pawtucket

Yeah, I wouldn't even try if Joe was not such a good friend. I wanted to support him. He was such a NICE guy and he went through some mean old crap. Ya know, like a lot of us did.

Well Joe,

Great broadcast

Sorry, I could not validate some of what you said. Not that you needed it. You did very well. Wonderful!

Well, the hubs wants to use the phone

Dear Dot, Ex, and all,

Thanks for your support and graciousness. I know perhaps some didn't like the beliefs that I hold, I am not offended.

When I started my journey of faith after the Way, I would never, in my wildest imagination think that I would be a minister in the Catholic Church. But I worked hard, comparing,what the Way taught me, what Protestant understanding maintains and their reasons,against what the Catholic Church teaches and has always taught for 2000 years. I know that I am where God wants me to be and doing what He wants me to do.

I love you all always,

Joe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe,

I understand the Catholic faith more than I dreamed I would one day myself actually. And your points about being brought up in the faith (and perhaps many of our extwiers were cradle Catholics anyway) it makes more sense how they could sit and listen to how VP and Craig spoke of the faith and its doctrines and be so off base and it be accepted by folks who had been there and done that and it didn't line up with what they were being taught.

I guess we became so encased in that world of twi's that we simply lost ourselves in many ways.

May God provide you peace all the days of your life Joe.

Kathy

Joe,

It was wonderful talking to you again. You took me back a few years. I dont speak to any of the TWI folks here in Reno that I knew back then.

I am glad that you are satisfied and comfortable with your religious choices. You sound happy and content. And this is a good thing.

God Bless you Joe,

Teresa

dear joe,

i'm against your beliefs

but i love you and cathy very much

love,

ex and i wish you the the best always and forever

If you feel you must be against my beliefs, you are free to do so, after all you have freedom of will. I sense you are more against the Catholic Church as a Large International Ministry, that from time to time has sinners that do very bad things. By that measure, you would be against most organized Religions. There is no perfect Church on earth, where humans are part of it.

However, unlike the Way, the Catholic Church does not teach that is ok to behave sinfully. We do not Change the Truth, we don't say it is ok to fornicate, to have adultry, to molest Children, to rape teens etc..some of done this and the Church is being purified by this...some bishops tried to cover things up like families have done for years, other denomination do even now.

The Way, twisted the Truth and said its sinfullness was not sinfullness but the new Truth to be celebrated, if you can not see that differnce.. that it is because you wish not to.

You did bring up some things that are true, but I don't believe that you did so in a respectful manor, nor did you give me an opportunity to finish my explanations.So it was one sided, I could see that you had your mind made up before you asked the questions. So they were more of statements than questions, and only to disrupt others, especially myself. But that is a small price to pay for my Lord, God and Savior, Jesus Christ, he also was rejected by many of the religious people, it was the wounded the poor, the sick etc, that were attracted to him. Just like today, if someone thinks they have the answers they cannot lean anything.

It was easy to sense that you were very hurt by the Way, and now you are attacking others...but hating the Catholic Church, other groups and people will not bring healing to you in your life. You have to forgive as Jesus Said, "forgive us our Trespasses, as we forgive those that trespass against us..." if you want to be forgiven and healed within. Bitterness will only make your life miserable, and you will never be happy, its like a cancer..it just eats one away.

And Please, don't say that you love me when you treat me poorly, when you insult me and my beliefs because you are unhappy, You can disagree with people, without getting personal, but again, It seems that because you've been hurt you can feel justified in hurting others.

Edited by JoePascha

hi likeaneagle...i just answered you (or attempted to) on this thread

Todd- If I would of went to your website I may have understood your background more..

It was a interesting session on GSC..I liked how you handled the questions that where posed to you..you thought it thru well enough not to stumble into something you could not or not give right understanding too, for instance 'Are The Dead Alive Now' or 'Life After,'...I appreciate that..

You are artisticaly gifted...I can see where you draw your inspiration from..

Thank you gentlemen, can I listen to it from that link?

The last time I was able to find the link was when excath was interviewing paw (LOVED it by the by!) but I had to be walked from thread to thread to get there.

I don't understand the hooking up to participate without someone babystepping me through that too, so I've not done that, but would like to listen again.

• 2 weeks later...
i was rude, joe

i apologize

ExCat:

Blessing in Christ,

You are forgiven. We can be friends if you want.

I am still waiting for you to Pm me with who you are, as you said you know my wife and me. It seemed to me that I recognized your voice, but cannot place the name to it.

<_<

Dmiller,

Are you related to Steve Miller who are married to Cindy both of the 6th.Corps?

Dmiller,

Are you related to Steve Miller who are married to Cindy both of the 6th.Corps?

Hey there Dcn Joe. How be ye?? :)

No -- I was the only one of my particular branch of the Miller clan,

to get into twi. No relatives of mine were there.

The only Steve Miller I know of is THIS ONE HERE

and sadly -- he's not a relative of mine either!!

(sniff!)

:biglaugh:

Edited by dmiller

Announcements