GreaseSpot Cafe

Mel Gibson's new movie...

The blood gets a bit wearing. High impact film. Though I've not heard anybody say so, I'm quite sure it's meant as his commentary on life issues including abortion & euthanasia...and what happens when a society succumbs to a culture of death.

At that point in Mayan culture they had become so corrupt and obsessed with human sacrifice they were ripe for complete disintegration...which is exactly what happened.

In retrospect I give it high marks for cinematography (amazing), for using non-actors so well, and so-so marks for the story line.

Overall a thumb up, with caveats.

Granted, Gibson has shown himself to have numerous issues in his personal life...but he still knows how to make excellant films.

The unique thing about this film is that there is not a single English word uttered...it's all in captions and he pulls it off quite well.

The brutality and the blood letting are over the top...this film should not be shown to kids or to those with weak stomachs.

Granted, Gibson has shown himself to have numerous issues in his personal life...but he still knows how to make excellant films.

The unique thing about this film is that there is not a single English word uttered...it's all in captions and he pulls it off quite well.

The brutality and the blood letting are over the top...this film should not be shown to kids or to those with weak stomachs.

yeah Hitler was pretty amazing at what he did.......but I wouldn't support his "personal life issues either" :eusa_clap: