GreaseSpot Cafe

You Know You are OUT of a CULT

act2

Knit blankets & caps for preemies & bereaved parents of babies who didn't make it and FEEL GOOD about doing something GOOD for someone other than 'believers'

Knit caps and fingerless mittens for men and women overseas serving this great country of ours and FEEL GOOD about doing something GOOD for someone other than 'believers'

Shop at Salvation Army and Goodwill to add to your collectibles that you now have the money to collect, not because you have to shop there for your clothes, not that there is anything wrong with that, ok???!!!

Have your family over for holidays and not refer to them as your 'earthly family'

Go on vacations to anywhere other than OHIO

Give money to someone in need because you want to and FEEL GOOD about doing something GOOD for someone other than 'believers'

Watch tv shows (yes, you have time to now) and not nitpick them to death spiritually

Ok, enough for now.

Anybody else?????????????

When you go back to school, and don't condemn yourself for abandoning your "true calling" of sitting in endless meetings, door to door and mall witnessing, running classes and cleaning leadership's houses.

Can listen to someone else's opinion and not feel obligated to 'correct their error' and let them know that you know the 'true word of God'

Can pray and ASK God for something instead of demanding it

Can pray and ASK for God's Will to be done because HE knows the future and what I need MORE than I do

when you can say the words "lucky" and "create" without thinking to yourself "there is no such thing as luck" or "only God can create."

when you can look your ex fellowship friends in the face and know that they weren't really your friends after you stopped attending their fellowships, and really not care because there are true and loving people out there who don't only keep to their own kind.

when you can openly love and accept others for who they are, not just because they are believers.

Mr. Hamm, JavaJane and No Way,

Don't those truths you listed set like 'diamonds' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heehee... Sorry, I just had to say it.

God bless each of you.

How do I know I'm out of the cult? I sometimes give money to people on the street; I use words like "lucky", "wish", and "hope" (not in relationship to the hope of the Return); I occasionally put change in a slot machine; and finally: I have gay friends (OMG!!)

Edited by Nottawayfer

When you can watch "Silent Hill" and not think once about a devil spirit.

When you can read "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire" in one sitting and not feel guilty.

When you can throw you change in the buckets of several bell-ringing-Santas in the same Christmas season and enjoy doing it.

When you can rejoice with your Church-Going-Neighbor over something good that has happened in her life and not think about how it came from the wrong god.

When you can walk into a room full of chairs and tables that are not set and not feel compelled to go around and straighten them.

Exactly, The HighWay!!!!

Also, when walking or biking your bike in the neighborhood, you stop and talk to your neighbors and not once mention anything 'spiritual' and not feel guilty about it!!!

Ok, it is almost time for Hope's sister to be on Fox !!! I don't feel guilty about wathcing tv at this hour of the day either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can say "Merry Christmas!" and not feel guilty.

You can celebrate holidays without giving them less devilish titles. Household Holidays, Happy Hearts Day, Happy Egg Hunting Day are no long part of your vocabulary.

Your house may be messy and your closets unorganized, but you aren't afraid it's an open door for the adversary.

Your house can be messy and you don't have a panic attack at the thought of another believer stopping by.

You don't feel compelled to give every single person at church a hug or stand up to greet them.

You don't spend 30 minutes prepping your toddler on how to make sure and greet Rev. SoandSo by making eye contact, smiling, shaking his hand, etc.

You can own a TV because it is not a window for the Adversary.

You no longer feel compelled to say "Bless you" to everyone.

You talk to strangers without feeling compelled to twist the conversation to some "spiritual principle."

You use your vacation time at work for vacations.

You make a mistake and you don't beat yourself up over it. Or worry about some idiot yelling at you about it.

You become a genuine human being who helps others without an ulterior motive.

Thanks thanks thanks. I have been set free.

I just figured out why I hate going to the mall.

And now I know why I hate it, too!!

Free at LAST!!! Free at LAST!!!

(now if I can just stop habitually making sure the chairs are straight....)

You know you're out of a cult...

...if you pray from your heart and not from a list.

...if, when someone mentions the term "BRC", you see yourself with a flamethrower in your hands

...if you discover that 100% of your money goes further than 90% does

...if you get rid of the red drapes and replace them with venetian blinds

You know you're out of a cult...

...if you pray from your heart and not from a list.

:eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:

AND......

if you realize that, "No," is still an answer to prayer - but you still feel no condemnation.

You guys are good!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't reply to each post due to time to head to work.

You know you are out of a cult, if you

realize that it is ok for anyone to get a college education, not just the BOD or BOT's, or whatever they have called themselves, families.

Cheers to all of you that have and are doing it right now!!!

Knit blankets & caps for preemies & bereaved parents of babies who didn't make it and FEEL GOOD about doing something GOOD for someone other than 'believers'

Knit caps and fingerless mittens for men and women overseas serving this great country of ours and FEEL GOOD about doing something GOOD for someone other than 'believers'

Shop at Salvation Army and Goodwill to add to your collectibles that you now have the money to collect, not because you have to shop there for your clothes, not that there is anything wrong with that, ok???!!!

Have your family over for holidays and not refer to them as your 'earthly family'

Go on vacations to anywhere other than OHIO

Give money to someone in need because you want to and FEEL GOOD about doing something GOOD for someone other than 'believers'

Watch tv shows (yes, you have time to now) and not nitpick them to death spiritually

Ok, enough for now.

Anybody else?????????????

You know that you are no longer in a cult when you start to really understand what talking and listening to

God is all about, and your faith really does start to come together and make sense.

You know you are out of a cult if..

Can't call anybody reverand before slapping them silly, a couple of times..

Put salt tablets in the bowl behind the podium in the little dish, instead of mints..

Or alka-seltzer..

and white vinegar in the cup, instead of water..

sit down quickly, when the mogness enters the room..

let him (or her) ride a stinking taxi from the airport..

make a habit of showing up five, or even ten minutes late ..

:biglaugh: