GreaseSpot Cafe

You Know You are OUT of a CULT

act2

If you.. refer to four (or more) years of "training for christian service" as volunteer church work..

EXACTLY!!!! I list several reasons for moves as "volunteered to work in a community outreach program."

Sam, Hamm, Bolshevik, JavaJane, Dooj,

heehee...

I received a volunteer award a couple of years ago for helping at the women's shelter where my sis is the manager. It was cool to get an award for doing something 'good'.

That was when I knew I was for sure out of a cult!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep 'em coming!!

You give up slave labor for Lent, by cleaning YOUR house, painting it, whatever, on a Saturday, instead of doing these things at the branch leader's house (or limb coordinator's, for that matter). Or worrying about the condition of the top of your refrigerator.

Sushi, Kevlar, WOG, and Shifra,

LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

You know you are out of a cult, when you think of live music, good food, and fellowhip and think of a local festival and not the ROA!!!!!

A special plug for ROMP that is happening this weekend in Owensboro, KY. Marty Stuart will be here along with Del McCoury, and tons of other bluegrass musicians.

...when you have a conversation with people your not trying to constantly turn it around to the Word. You can just enjoy the person you are conversing with.

...when you go through planning withdrawal. OMG, you mean I don't have to have every second of my life planned out planned out.!? How will I get my goals done?! What's my compass?!! AHHH!

Ok, I'm better now.....

...when your favorite day of the week is now Sundays because it's time to relax with your family, not set up for fellowship and then for a hook-up or being required to attend the service.

...you look at sweet little community churches and think nice thoughts about them and what they do for the community.

...you no longer define success as-- your success and reputation in the household of duh Vay.

...when your favorite day of the week is now Sundays because it's time to relax with your family, not set up for fellowship and then for a hook-up or being required to attend the service.

Amen, SISTER!!! Want some coffee? I have plenty!

Oh, and Mr. Hamm... just posted a recipe for your species in the cooking forum!!! ("only a very old squirrel is tough enough to require marinating") :biglaugh:

When you can actually plan what YOU WANT to do at Thanksgiving (instead of an AC Speshul) and save vacation days for actual VACATIONS! Hubby and I are going to get to go on our 1st vacation EVER--we didn't even get honeymoon cuz we got married in WC weddings, then did WC week/ROA and went on staff :eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

...when you have a conversation with people your not trying to constantly turn it around to the Word. You can just enjoy the person you are conversing with.

...you look at sweet little community churches and think nice thoughts about them and what they do for the community.

Yeah, I agree with all the above.

It is amazing once out of the cult to find out how much the local churches and communities DO for people. It has been humbling for me the past few years to think how self righteous I had become and how WRONG I was about so mnay things, including churhes.

So welcome, Hairgirl, and thanks to everyone for their input!!!