GreaseSpot Cafe

The Arrogance of TWI

Nottawayfer

I have an innie friend who questions their involvement in TWI, but they haven't made the decision to leave yet. They were at a fellowship one night when the twits were making jokes about a local pastor who had gotten caught masturbating in public. My innie friend told them they shouldn't make fun of the situation because of the things LCM got caught doing. The response from the BC was that people come to TWI for the knowledge.

Does knowledge cover a multitude of sins? Obviously it does in twit leadership eyes. :rolleyes: Doesn't the Word say knowledge puffs up? Prov 16:18-19 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. Craig ought to know, he was very prideful, and look where he is now. If he hadn't gotten caught, he would still be doing the same thing and thinking he was Jesus on a stick.

TWI needs to get real about what they really represent. They put so much emphasis on "The Word" that they forget who the head of the church is, and they lose the main key to Christianity: Jesus Christ. We'll see how many flock to them for the knowledge. Knowledge without love is abominable IMHO.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The response from the BC was that people come to TWI for the knowledge.

Does knowledge cover a multitude of sins? Obviously it does in twit leadership eyes.

I would agree. If they really think that their "product" is what it claims to be, i.e. secrets of the universe, truth known like it was not known since the first century.. then I think that THEY think it does.

I think these people either have had a lobotomy, or simply drank way too much of their own kool aide.

I wonder what the opinion is, on the top of the organization. I'll bet it's not "dog soldiers for da lord", staked to the ground.

They might die for the money..

Making fun of a fellow human who has been caught "with his pants down" imparts knowledge in what way?

Obviously this was reported in the news, since everyone knew about it, so it didn't impart knowledge as to letting others know what had happened since they already knew.

They clearly knew the behavior was wrong so it didn't impart that kind of knowledge.

The only knowledge I see being imparted was that when a fellow human is caught sinning the correct response from a Christian is to make that person an object of ridicule.

Is that really the message that should be sent? I know non Christians who don't think that way.

Sad, so very sad.

I think the BC actually meant that TWI should be known for their knowledge instead of LCM's sexcapades.

I think the other sad situation in that scenario is the wayfers making fun of another Christian. Yes, that pastor did something terrible, and he shouldn't be a pastor anymore IMHO. But does that make TWI better than other Christians? They seem to act as if they are even to this day with all that's been exposed. They are still making the koolaide, hoping others will drink it.

Kinda reminds me of the time I told my ex we (TWI) had become worse and more religious than the Catholic religion we (TWI) made so much fun of.

I shoulda ducked after I said it but it seemed so, well, obvious to me. :unsure:

I have an innie friend who questions their involvement in TWI, but they haven't made the decision to leave yet. They were at a fellowship one night when the twits were making jokes about a local pastor who had gotten caught masturbating in public. My innie friend told them they shouldn't make fun of the situation because of the things LCM got caught doing. The response from the BC was that people come to TWI for the knowledge.

Does knowledge cover a multitude of sins? Obviously it does in twit leadership eyes. :rolleyes: Doesn't the Word say knowledge puffs up? Prov 16:18-19 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud. Craig ought to know, he was very prideful, and look where he is now. If he hadn't gotten caught, he would still be doing the same thing and thinking he was Jesus on a stick.

TWI needs to get real about what they really represent. They put so much emphasis on "The Word" that they forget who the head of the church is, and they lose the main key to Christianity: Jesus Christ. We'll see how many flock to them for the knowledge. Knowledge without love is abominable IMHO.

The problem is that they never really knew the Head of the body...........if the did they would be convicted by his heart and words..........funny how many christians don't even know the teachings of they one they name themselves after, even if they read them it just passes through their heads or lands on stoney ground, The Way was and is very stoney ground always based on the flesh and knowledge (not unlike so many other groups) you hit it on the head.....Its one thing to talk about the word like we did in the Way and another to actually follow the Word like God commands And please lets remember that is goes for us as well when it comes to bashing the former leaders in the Way , if not we are the worst of all hypocrits:who_me:

Jesus Christ is the only Key to Christianity :thinking:

C'mon coolchef...are you kidding me? This was a cornerstone teaching of twi...Christ was absent and therefore the "word" took the place of the absent Christ...and of course, Wierwille decided what the word said...

In other words, Wierwille took the place of the absent Christ...that's how he got our money!

never heard of the absent christ thing

what was that all about

C'mon coolchef...are you kidding me? This was a cornerstone teaching of twi...Christ was absent and therefore the "word" took the place of the absent Christ...and of course, Wierwille decided what the word said...

In other words, Wierwille took the place of the absent Christ...that's how he got our money!

Chef --- Groucho is completely right about that.

It was OVER-taught, if anything.

I'm willing to bet that the MOST heard word (from twi) describing Christ was not ---

Victorious, Magnified, Glorified, etc., -- but rather the word Absent. :(

Edited by dmiller

The response from the BC was that people come to TWI for the knowledge.

I thought it was for the coffee that had been stretched by adding an extra fresh scoop of coffee grounds on top of the old grounds...

Go figgure!

Seriously...

They've had no new light in DECADES - nothing new. The research department has like 20 books now, and that's counting the collaterals.

And people are flocking to them for their knowledge?

Please tell me he was joking.... :asdf:

Yeah, let those twits laugh. I remember (maybe some of you also) an interim Corps guy - 22nd Corps, who was also caught publickly masturbating. :confused: He was reported to the authorities. Safety remembers that one!!!! They had to deal with him. He was on Way Builders. LCM kicked him off staff, and then burned everything that he left behind (tool belt, guitar, etc.) that he specifically didn't put into a box to ship. He ranted about it at lunch. I think his situation was worse, since he was caught INTENTIONALLY spanking the monkey AT someone...a younger girl.

They sent him to NC -to Dootie Mooneyhound in order to get "counseled." When he got there, he found out that he was mark and avoided.

So, laugh all they want - they had one of their own get caught. :evildenk:

I think there's several words that might be applicable here:

-Arrogance.

The "we are better than anyone else and don't dare look at any other group unless it's to make fun

of them because there will be side-effects of looking away from our truth" thing.

-Hardness of heart.

The "look how terrible those other Christians are having it because their leader messed up!

Sure sucks to be them! I'm glad we're in here instead" thing.

-Hypocrisy.

The "we can freely criticize, condemn and openly mock any leader of any group that makes any mistake

we are aware of, but dare to question any of our leaders, even those admitted to wrongdoing in a court

of law, and we will punish you with social sanctions, verbally berate you and kick you out if you don't

stop" thing.

I'm sure there's more-those sprang to mind at the moment.

I believe that the bible teaches that he is the head of the body...making intercession for the saints, directing the paths of those who follow him and know him...

Where does he live?...He's seated at the right hand of God...perhaps the real question should be, where does God live?...because they have the same address.

...or perhaps God is absent too?

When Vic Wierwille was a little kid in school, the teacher was taking attendance and calling out names...when she said "Jesus?"...Vic spoke up and said "he's absent but I'm taking his place"...that's sums up twi theology.

Edited by GrouchoMarxJr

I believe that the bible teaches that he is the head of the body...making intercession for the saints, directing the paths of those who follow him and know him...

Where does he live?...He's seated at the right hand of God...perhaps the real question should be, where does God live?...because they have the same address.

Good point, Groucho!

If God lives everywhere and all around us, and in our hearts; then Jesus Christ is there.