GreaseSpot Cafe

Sopranos Predictions

nandon

I don't know. I guess I want to be surprised. I just hope it's a good ending.

The ending of "Six Feet Under" and "Seinfeld" were the worst in history. I LOVED both of those shows. The buildup to the final episode may be too stressful for writers. I hope the writers from Sopranos can pull off a really suspenseful ending that makes you go "WOW!"

If there is going to be a movie, I hope the final episode allows a lead up to it without compromising all we've seen in the series.

Hey!

Didn't everybody SEE that Bobby was going to get whacked as he was handling the toy train?? It was so obvious it was coming!! Suda and I watched it together and it was almost painful how they were dragging it out.

But they've gone to the mattresses.. literally, huh? I've watched this series from day one and have enjoyed it even though I've enjoyed other series a lot better. Still, I would have preferred another season or two. How does it end? Man-o-man this is unpredictable stuff. They could do it 15 different ways so how would most of the fans like it to end??

Phil Leotardo, Tony and Paulie all get killed and Junior comes out of the nut house to run things :biglaugh: .

sudo (looking forward to Big Love Monday night)

I only started watching this season, and don't know the characters that well. BUT, Phil is no dummy. He can see the resemblance between that Ukranian AND his "goombah," and himself.

Tony tells his wlfe that "families don't get touched, don't worry," or something like that.

Maybe it's a herring, but I think the wife gets wacked, or maybe somebody in the family. I think his son will discover a ferocity he never knew he had in defending his family. He may pick up the torch if/when Tony meets his maker, symbolically at least.

What about the shrink? Will she play a part here? I think she'll have a personal crisis and/or epiphany after Tony's gone.

Phil may die, or he may prevail, and then show a little mercy sparing what's left of the Soprano family before they're all dead.

Tony's sister eventually gets it between the eyes after taking several bullets to the torso whilst breaking up furniture in the throes of death.

AJ is a cipher. That scene where Tony tells him that his uncle is dead, and through his tears AJ whines that it was making him more depressed just when he was starting to make progress, remember that? Pure sociopath. AJ may have inherited Tony's worst characteristics and none of his human side. AJ could just as easily turn on his family.

One key to this show is the presence of the shrink. The writers want us to see these characters' behavior as a consequence of their psychological make-up. If you get a grip on what drives a character, you can anticipate a range of possible behaviors in a given set of circumstances. We call that set of behavioral drivers a "personality."

The thing I like about The Sopranos is that the writers are consistent with their characters, unlike a lot of TV out there.

Edited by satori001

Wasnt she also with Ralph Ciparello for awhile as well, after the born again guy with narcolepsy, who was constantly asking Tony if he had heard the good news?

Ive missed a lot of episodes--maybe she'll have to disapear and end up in a cult in ...say..Ohio or something--in which she'd be the perfect rising star.

Its never been predictable..

Tony gets hit, and falls into a long dream sequence of being 12 with his young friends P*ssy, Sil, and Paulie--- it ties together some things, but leaves a lot more things unanswered and raises yet more questions....in the end we dont know if he lives or dies, only lingering questions to muse on

until...

The Movie

Parts 1-3

with options

for 2 more

Edited by mstar1

" Remember when Janice killed her boyfriend and Tony came to clean up the mess? Then she left for Washington State and came back as a Christian? Then she preyed on Bobby? She is sick....ewww!!!!

Yeah I witnessed to her in Kirkland WA where I live.

Okay - so what about the FBI guy who has continued to briefly show up week after week? I think he will have something to do with the end - perhaps something to do with the terrorism task force stuff he's been discussing with Tony? I don't know, but I thought it was strange he was around - he's been a fairly insignificant character these past few seasons. Why now?

I was upset that Bobby was killed in the toy store - and yes, Sudo, I knew it was coming, too. I'll be sad if and when Syl dies - I was hoping he'd get another job, perhaps as a guitar player for a rock and roll band! Maybe disguise himself with a bandana around his head! :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Why hasn't Paulie been knocked off yet? I sure thought Tony was gonna kill him a few weeks ago! Perhaps he'll take a bullet for Tony...

What about Uncle Junior? Do you think the mention of moving him to another home was the last we've heard of him?

There's a lot of plot lines to tie up - I don't think we're going to know everything about everyone. There was an entertainment reporter on Countdown the other night who has been writing about the Sopranos in the Newark, NJ paper since the series began. He said he doesn't believe that David Milch will wrap up everything in a neat package. He also compared the scene when Dr. Melfi shuts the door on Tony to the scene in "The Godfather" where Michael Corleone shuts the door on Kay when she's visiting her kids. He thought it might be a "tribute" to the film from Milch. Interesting idea...

Okay - final thought...

Tony will wake up and he'll REALLY be the guy he dreamed about after he was shot... the whole Mafioso thing was a dream after all.

I'm sad it's over- but am anxious to see what happens.

Hope

PS - is anyone watching "The Tudors" on Showtime? It's really wonderful - great acting - beautiful costumes. You can actually view the first two episodes on Showtime.com for free.

Speaking of wrapping things up - I thought HBO was going to air two - 2 hour movies to finish out "Deadwood" - which I absolutely loved. Anyone know anything about that? (article from last summer)

Edited by Hope R.

Okay - final thought...

Tony will wake up and he'll REALLY be the guy he dreamed about after he was shot... the whole Mafioso thing was a dream after all.

I'm sad it's over- but am anxious to see what happens.

Hope

PS - is anyone watching "The Tudors" on Showtime? It's really wonderful - great acting - beautiful costumes. You can actually view the first two episodes on Showtime.com for free.[/url]

I had that thought as well Hope. Funny. I live in Kingman, Arizona, where his driver's license in that episode said he was from.

I LOVE the Tudors! The acting in that show is PHENOMENAL!! It is the best show I've seen so far, and I've been an HBO and SHOWTIME junkie for years. I never thought anything could top Sex in The City, but Tudors wins them all IMHO. I really like ROME too. Oh...and Big Love too! See, I'm a junkie. I can't help it. The only network show I keep up with is Ugly Betty.

Edited by Nottawayfer

:biglaugh:

Interesting twist

I actually thought similarly that they will be shown as kids thinking/dreaming of their futures that havent happened...

one thing Im pretty sure of ....well ....maybe....as the credits roll, the ducks will be flying

i;ve got a feeling it will be at least a little disappointing.

im taking back my original prediction.

predictions:

Tony and family leave.

Phil dies.

Paulie is Boss.

Sill doesn't make it.

and at some point Tony uses his AR-10 (just for the hell of it).

My anxiety!!!!! Since 1999 !!! what will happen to my sunday nights.... no more gabagool...no more moozadell...no more bacala......

Give me a valium!!!!

I really don't believe that David Chase will kill Tony in the end. With a possible movie to make in the future, I don't believe that Chase would want his Sopranos fans to think of Tony as "gone".. a little difficult to "bring him back to life" to do a movie.

But then again, half of Tony's crew is gone. Paulie is gonna end up being the Judas in the end, if anybody, and Tony not taking him out will end up being his biggest msitake...

But I think Tony will survive. Chase will leave things very open ended. Chase likes to take us over the edge and then drop us.. leaving us to fly to our own ideas...

I hope my goomba lives!