GreaseSpot Cafe

Why is there an x-way site?

Imagine

Rascal, like you, I am way past having to stand approved before others-- Except for God and Jesus Christ.

There is a handful of people whose opinion of me I value highly-- They have this position in my life because of the unfailing love and loyalty they have shown me over the years no matter where my head was at.

To expect to be granted that kind of status by posters on this or any forum, especially when most of us have never met outside of cyber-space- is an example, IMO, of way-think at it's finest.

TWI was filled with wanna be demi-gods who never tired of the sound of their voices telling you, the unwashed masses, how fortunate you were to have them to guide and correct you all the while pointing out how wonderful it was of them to be willing to continue to try to improve such a meekness lacking, stiff necked lot of spiritual babies for whom milk appeared to be too challenging.

NO MORE!

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, FREE AT LAST!

Edited by templelady

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For one, I disagree with the idea that renewing your mind to the Word is an habit pattern that needs to be peeled away to get back to correct and healthy thinking. I believe that thinking about the Bible IS correct and healthy thinking. And I disagree with John that Rascal can still get her point across with poor punctuation. Anyone who has sat through PFAL knows how a couple of misplaced commas can alter the intent of a sentence. And, finally, I don't see why all of you seem to think that Rascal is incapable of standing up and speaking for herself (including Rascal).

Doesn't this paragraph just tell you everything?

:rolleyes: Yep. Pretty much lays it out there, don't it?

As Mo said....

TWI was filled with wanna be demi-gods who never tired of the sound of their voices telling you, the unwashed masses, how fortunate you were to have them to guide and correct you all the while pointing out how wonderful it was of them to be willing to continue to try to improve such a meekness lacking, stiff necked lot of spiritual babies for whom milk appeared to be too challenging.

NO MORE!

THANK GOD ALMIGHTY, FREE AT LAST!

From Trancechat to Waydale to here. I've always thought of it as the body of Christ speaking and dialogueing with each other the way we should have been doing when we were in TWI.

I've met old friends, watched people change, their lives change, people given the courage to go out into the "world" and know they will survive and prosper.

We weren't a church - we were a lifestyle, we were a loving family at one point, us kids, who tried to walk in God's love. I think that's why others may wonder why we're still here. Its not like a college where we spent 4 years and moved on, for some us it was years, decades, lifetimes. I love watching the journey - where we were at trancechat, when for the first time we were allowed to speak what was really on our minds - it could get rough - to Waydale, and as we've grown, believe it or not, a more mature dialog here. We were part of a "revival" and its amazing to see those of us in our generation (boomers) and younger, still here. Its wonderful. We aren't done yet. God's not finished with us yet.

I'll always enjoy coming here, its a great service Paw has done.

Edited by Sunesis

quote: Again....make your OWN points without misrepresenting me or mine.

That becomes difficult when other posters misrepresent Jean and I on your behalf like Belle just did, whether you asked her to do it or not. Let me say one more thing; what I meant by "conflict is inevitable" is that we are so opposite in our povs that some conclusions you post are just going to offend me/us, and some conclusions we post are just going to offend you. One example of this occurred a month or so ago. The thread was about either ABS or Chris Geer and Jean posted that 85% of the ABS we give stays in STL and is sometimes distributed to believers in need. She put a positive spin on it.

This must have really offended you because you immediately came back with stuff about CG drugging the drinks in the motorcoach and how could we call ourselves Christian and give money to someone like that etc. etc. etc. If you REALLY want me/us to let you alone then you need to lay off that morally superior stuff, call it whatever you want.

I've been wondering lately if there's something heavy going on in your personal life, legal or health wise, because it's not like you to wave a white flag like that and ask me to leave you alone. You're a fighter. But even if that's not the case, even if it's totally as you say; that we're misrepresenting you and you want us to stop and that's it. If you can resist the urge to get morally medieval on us, no matter how much our opinions offend you, then so can we. :)

Edited by johniam

Anyone who has sat through PFAL knows how a couple of misplaced commas can alter the intent of a sentence

now that's about the best laugh i've had all day, jean. come on !!!!

--

why would you continue to bother rascal about punctuation and spelling. it keep making you look worse, in my personal view

Sigh.......................

Having beeen involved on a personal level in some of the brohas around here it is obvious that johniam and jeaniam are incapable of letting a subject drop or even better carrying on their critisisms behind closed doors via PM's. I'm not saying that the first few volleys in one of these "spats" can't be aired on the boards but after a while private is the way to go.

But this has gone far beyond this, one of the parties, Rascal, has gone so far as to PLEAD not once but more than once for johniam and jeaniam to be content to go their own way and leave her alone. johniam and jeaniam have basically not only refused but gone out of their way to, not only continue their attacks but, increase them. This, IMO, is no longer about a difference of opinion but a matter of predatory bullies repeatedly attacking those they perceive as prey

I have been in this position, where a poster followed me attacking whatever and however I posted and I was brought to tears more than once by the continued attacks. I was aided by fellow posters who went tothe moderators and got the offender put on notice and then temporarily banned.

I am forwarding this post to the moderators asking that jeaniam and johniam be dealt with , NOT for their opinions or beliefs but for their continuing bullying behavior.

hmmm-- I could refer to the spelling/ grammar thread....oops off topic

How about this, since I'm on a Get Fuzzy kick... (not meaning any offense to anyone, I just thought of this thread when I saw it)

Fuzzy020306.gif

TL-Amen and Thank you

JJ-I really dig the cat!

Rascal- Love you girl!

quote: Having beeen involved on a personal level in some of the brohas around here it is obvious that johniam and jeaniam are incapable of letting a subject drop or even better carrying on their critisisms behind closed doors via PM's.

What???? Look on the previous page. Everything WAS dropped until thehighway pasted one of Jean's posts from several pages ago, then Belle chimed in using one of YOUR posts as justification for doing so. It is YOU that can't drop this. Go ahead, complain to the mods. YOU guys are the bullies now.

Danny: For a guy who talks about prayer so much, your absence from the BAD NEWS thread is conspicuous.

Templelady, I just read that thread myself and I hope you make it OK. I'm willing to drop all this stuff if everybody else is.

Edited by johniam

John

It must be very difficult to live in your shoes.

Now you know where I go when I am not logged in.

And you know who I PM.

And now you know who I do and do not pray for.

In your spare time you can search the Prayer section

mid way down and you will find very few responses by me.

And you know I did not pray for those people, situations and

animals.

Wow your good.

Peace

Hmmmmm

Maybe, just maybe the reason there is an x-Way site is because we still have so far to go, collectively.

TWI instilled in us a strong sense of "gotta be right," along with "it's us against them." While this can be a good quality, it can also get out of hand and can really turn into micromanaging someone else's life real quickly.

In real life, some of us would just choose to not be around some of the very same folks that irk us here in cyber space.

I know that none of us ever want to be silenced again against our will. BUT - sometimes to remain silent is strength and takes more character than coming back with the quick quip.

We've lived with legalism. We ALL know that it sux. I'm fairly certain that in our everyday lives we choose to be tolerant of the people we interact with. May I suggest that we do the same here.

Coffee and danish are on me....I've even got the cappucino machine fired up for you sleepy heads.

now that's about the best laugh i've had all day, jean. come on !!!!

--

why would you continue to bother rascal about punctuation and spelling. it keep making you look worse, in my personal view

One more time, I'm a little tired of Rascal continuing to complain that John and myself don't understand her posts, when she refuses to make the effort to make sure they're clear. As Oakspear said on a different thread, 'If someone WANTS to communicate badly, why bother to communicate at all?'

Edited by Jeaniam

Let's recap:

Rascal's first post on this thread:

Imagine, maybe there is more to our healing than just moving on. Maybe there are layers, levels that need to be examined each one at a time, only to be seen and presented as the previous layer has been examined and addressed.

It took decades to develope our thought processes and beliefs. Decades of suffering injustices and abuse silently. I think that it takes a lot of time and carefull examination to regain healthy thought processes.

I think that in the journey of coming to grips ...that together we can help one another.

Johniam'sfist post and reply:

quote: Imagine, maybe there is more to our healing than just moving on. Maybe there are layers, levels that need to be examined each one at a time, only to be seen and presented as the previous layer has been examined and addressed.

See the pain; be the pain. IMO pain is OK as long as it's used in moderation

Rascal's reply:

John you completely mischaracterized my point in attempt to belittle my statement.

You are a big boy and I am certain, capable of legitimately making your own comments without lying about someone elses pov.

It is rediculous to think that you understand why myself or anybody else returns here or even more silly, what is healthy or acceptible for anybody else.

Please try to answere for yourself, as that is the only one who`s perspective and motive you are qualified to comment on.

This post has been edited by rascal: Jun 13 2007, 10:49 PM

Jeaniam's first post and reply:

Why don't you take your own advice? And BTW, why don't you learn how to spell or at least install a spelling program on your computer?

Posted just so readers can see what really happened, not the righteous spin of the iams. In my view, Rascal did nothing wrong and doesn't need to quit doing anything!

I thought Rascal's first reply was very insigtful and not any type of iam baiting.

Jean,

My question to you is:

Why is this such an issue with you? Would it change your interaction with her? John effectively posted that he thought that you (both of you) and Rascal would always disagree:

Let me say one more thing; what I meant by "conflict is inevitable" is that we are so opposite in our povs that some conclusions you post are just going to offend me/us, and some conclusions we post are just going to offend you.

I thought that was an honest statement. There is never any harm done when two folks agree to disagree. However, this leads me to think (and I can be wrong here) that better communication isn't the real issue (with you, Jean.)

If you and John and Rascal were always in the same - let's say PTA - I doubt you would follow her around at meetings and listen to her every word just to point out her errors. You probably wouldn't choose to be in the same areas of the room if you could help it. Most likely, you would do what is normal and mature: you would live your life and interact with those people who share your ideals and interests.

I honestly do not see this being a good thing for you to pursue. Rascal has asked for it to stop. As far as I've seen she has not posted since then.

You talk a lot about how bad it is to keep picking at a scab - then why do it yourself?

Finally, Rascal's communication skills are not in your control. Your ability to comprehend is in your control. If you truly do not understand something she posts, then why not ask for a simple clarification? ("I'm not sure I get what your saying here....do you really mean to say....? - You're smart. You get the picture.;))

Edited by doojable