GreaseSpot Cafe

Song of the moment

nandon

Lunatic Fringe

by Red Rider

(for 2-4 the road) "Am I wrong" and "Henery" by Keb mo

AWESOME song!

Did you know that Red Rider's vocalist was Tom Cochrane - the same who sang the hit "Life Is A Highway"

Now I'm back two old favorites: Peter Gabriel and Sting.

One of my favorite albums - one that every cut is GOOD - is "Brand New Day" by Sting. Excellent stuff.

I bet you're probably into The Cure and Kate Bush, if you like Gabriel and Sting. How about Siouxsie and the Banshees?

I bet you're probably into The Cure and Kate Bush, if you like Gabriel and Sting. How about Siouxsie and the Banshees?

Yup yup and yup.

(and I occassionally indulge in a little Depeche Mode, too.)

Yup yup and yup.

(and I occassionally indulge in a little Depeche Mode, too.)

OMG - my music soul mate!

I never would have admitted to listening to those groups when I was in TWI - sorta a closet alternative music person...

So, let's see... REM, Talking Heads... Meat Puppets? Violent Femmes?

Edited by ChasUFarley

AWESOME song!

Did you know that Red Rider's vocalist was Tom Cochrane - the same who sang the hit "Life Is A Highway"

One of my favorite albums - one that every cut is GOOD - is "Brand New Day" by Sting. Excellent stuff.

cool fact.

i love the fact that this song rings so true for our current political situation.

OMG - my music soul mate!

I never would have admitted to listening to those groups when I was in TWI - sorta a closet alternative music person...

So, let's see... REM, Talking Heads... Meat Puppets? Violent Femmes?

REM - yes. Talking Heads - yes. Meat Puppets - no, but because I never heard of them. Violent Femmes - yes.

And the B52s, Pet Shop Boys, U2, Jane's Addiction (which is of course, coffee), the Police, and Suicidal Tendencies...

Then Nine Inch Nails, Korn, Rage Against the Machine, Orgy, and others....

If I remember right, Chas, you and I are only about a year or two apart in age, too!

Now y'all are talking! :biglaugh: YES on all of those!

I listened to some songs from Lost Highway today since I'd never heard of it. Good stuff!

Then... got sidetracked on the Goo Goo Dolls.

If you're Chas' age, JJ, then we're about the same age, too. Kewl!

I hope work is getting better!

I'd love to hear more of the classical music stuff that Sting is doing now.

Now I'm back two old favorites: Peter Gabriel and Sting.

I wanted to surprise my husband with tickets to see The Police in Las Vegas, and they were $2,600!!!! Can you believe that??? I am still in shock over it.

Then I wanted to get him tickets to Genesis, and they were $500, still too much money!!! I remember when I saw 4-6 bands in the late 70s and early 80s for $25. Ah...the good ole dayz.

KC and the Sunshine Band tickets go on sale tomorrow at Mandalay Bay. I'll see how much they are. I love their sound even though it is from the disco era. You can't beat the horns in that group. Their music is pure energy.

KC and the Sunshine Band tickets go on sale tomorrow at Mandalay Bay. I'll see how much they are. I love their sound even though it is from the disco era. You can't beat the horns in that group. Their music is pure energy. That's the way (I like it)!

Well, dadgummit, my speakers aren't working for some reason. I'd really love to hear what you just posted MStar.

Chas, KEWL BEANS!!! I'm sooooo jealous! That's just downright awesome!! I'd love to see any one of them in concert, much less a cacophany of 'em.... very, very cool!

One of the local radio stations down here has free concerts in downtown Orlando during the summer and it's always good "old" bands you haven't heard for a while. One of the best concerts, no lie, was Flock of Seagulls. :biglaugh: It was really great when Fat Tuesday's was in business. You could get a huge plate of crawfish, potatoes and corn cooked RIGHT and enjoy the concert with the crawfish and a few cold brewskis.

Today I indulged in a little Sugar Cubes, Linkin Park and Greenday.

If this is about what I am listening to right now, Its the new CD from Chick Corea and Bela Fleck called "The Enchantment" which so far is my album of the year, imo a work of real genius.

a video advertisement
I saw Chick Corea and Bela Fleck separately in the last year...I'd love to see them together.

Listening to "The Travelling Wilburys" right now :eusa_clap:

Edited by Oakspear

I think that Bela and Chick are on tour right now. I know they were within 60 miles of me a few weeks back but I didnt hear about it (Drat!) until about 10 minutes before it actually happened...so it didnt work out.

They may be touring somewhere near you.

Im off to a live Prairie Home Companion show tonight up in my neck of the woods (listen in).

Local boy James Taylor is one of Keillors musical guests.

right now: silence---blessed silence

Edited by mstar1

I think that Bela and Chick are on tour right now. I know they were within 60 miles of me a few weeks back but I didnt hear about it (Drat!) until about 10 minutes before it actually happened...so it didnt work out.

They may be touring somewhere near you.

Im off to a live Prairie Home Companion show tonight up in my neck of the woods (listen in).

Local boy James Taylor is one of Keillors musical guests.

right now: silence---blessed silence

I've seen Garrison Keillor and Prairie Home Companion a couple of times now - I love it. I used to listen to it every weekend, but we don't have very good radio reception in the house (only in the cars) and so now I only get to enjoy it if I'm on the road on a Sunday afternoon.... It's always an extra treat when Doc Watson or Alison Krauss is guesting on the show...

Okay - let's see if you audiophiles can find this one...

Hubs is looking for a tune - we've searched high and low on the net -

"So You're A Star" by the Hudson Brothers (1974)

Anyone got this file?

Not sure where to find it online.

If you absolutely have to have it(to learn a part for a band you are in), it is on the "Hollywood Situation" album which was released in late 1974 on the Casablanca Records label.

Amazon or eBay, maybe?

You could always sell it when you are done with it.

PS------- It might also be on "Best Of The Hudson Brothers"(not sure of the label on that one.)

Edited by waysider

Just when I think I'm out - Green Day keeps pulling me back. I fell in love with them in 2004 when American Idiot came out, and went backwards, starting with the pre-Dookie CD's. I continue to listen to them all the time - not sick of them yet.

I also bought the "Instant Karma - the Campaign to Save Darfur" CD - it's worth getting. About 7 of 8 of the tracks are awful (Avril Lavigne singing "Imagine" - ugh) - but to hear Christina Aguilera sing an amazing version of "Mother" makes up for it.

xoxo

Hope

• 3 months later...